Jicheol - Hairdye

Black Hole ♡ One Shot Collections ♡

"Trust me this is gonna be hilarious!" Seungkwan assured me, stifling his giggles as he pulled me and Seokmin into a crouching position behind a cupboard. Besides for the three of us and Seungkwan's roommate, the apartment was quiet for once.

Jihoon was just supposed to record Seokmin's voice for a song and I decided to tag along but fat chance with Seungkwan around.

Jihoon was a little weird, no doubt about that. He never really spoke more than a few short words at a time and often in the middle of those rare words, he would just stop and stare off into space. Plus, every time I visited the apartment, he was always cooped up in his room. I had no idea what he did in there and whenever I asked Seungkwan, he just shrugged. I had never actually dared knock on Jihoon's door to find out myself but I was willing to bet it was something dark. At school, Lee Jihoon's name would be at the top of the list because of his grades. Because of this and his silent attitude, people thought him to be a snob. It was actually that he was too shy to talk to people and he didn't like being the center of attention in any way but people didn't get that. Well besides for me. I would rather die than admit it to Seungkwan and Seokmin but I had sort of had a crush on Jihoon ever since he first said "Hi um can I draw on your arms?" to me. (By the way, I had been about to agree when Seungkwan had jumped in and told him to buzz off.)

And this was why I felt uncomfortable doing what we were doing. 

Seungkwan and Seokmin on the other hand, were bubbling with glee. They couldn't wait for Jihoon to come out of the bathroom. Actually, neither could I but not because I wanted to see how Jihoon reacted but just because I wanted to see how he looked…

"Why are we doing this again?" I whispered, as if there was actually time to stop it happening. I could already hear the shower being turned off so I knew it was too late.

"Because he picked Seokmin to do lead vocals in the song." Seungkwan growled, balling his fists. "Hey!" Seokmin yelled as he shoved Seungkwan to the ground. Which is why I felt even more uncomfortable when I heard Jihoon shriek from the bathroom. The door slammed open and although I couldn't see him, I imagined Jihoon's eyes to be filled with fury and his lips turned down in a deathly scowl.

"SEUNGKWAN AND SEOKMIN WHAT THE HELL?!" he howled. Laughing like a maniacs , they stood up and walked casually out from behind the cupboard. I scrambled after them and my breath caught in my chest. Jihoon didn't look angry. He looked…freaked out.

His eyes were wider than I had ever seen them go and for once were focused on something other than the floor. They were also b with what I highly doubted was water and he clutched the towel wrapped around his body as if it was the last thing on earth which he knew wouldn't hurt him. Everything about him screamed "lonely lost little boy." Except for his hair, which was no longer blond, but a bright pink. Courtesy of Seungkwan and Seokmin.

"What the hell you guys?" Jihoon repeated, but this time, it was barely more than a whisper. "What slime did you put in my shampoo?" Seungkwan laughed, "It's not slime, it's pink hair dye. And the look suits you little fairy!" He skipped forwards and ruffled Jihoon's newly colored hair, taking great pleasure in rubbing in the fact that, despite being about 2 years younger, Seungkwan was at least two inches taller. Jihoon didn't even shoo Seungkwan's hand away.

"Aw don't look so scared, I'm sure no one will notice!" Seokmin snickered. "And if they do, then for once your artsy-ness will show in something other than your work." And with that, Seungkwan and Seokmin past his shocked roomate and into his room, leaving me standing in the hallway all alone with a dripping wet Jihoon who I was pretty sure was about to burst into tears.

He turned his shocked look on me and our eyes met for the first time. Fireworks. I swear. It was a shame it had to be under these circumstances though…

"Seungcheol? I thought…" Jihoon whispered. "I thought we were friends." Jihoon also turned and fled to his room, slamming the door behind him. Great. What was I supposed to do now? I could go celebrate with Seungkwan or Seokmin. Or I could try to comfort Jihoon. And what had he meant by "I thought we were friends?!" I was supposed to be Seungkwan's friend! Not Jihoon's!

Still, I went for the latter option and gently rapped my fingers against the younger boy's door. Hey, I wasn't going to barge in if he was changing! How awkward would that be? Even the thought made me blush.

"Jihoon?" I said quietly.

No reply. I twisted to door-knob and pushed the door slowly open, shielding my eyes with the other hand, just in case. When Jihoon didn't throw anything at me or yell at me to get out, I slowly moved my hand away from my eyes.  

Jihoon had pulled on a pair of sweats and a oversized hoodie, sitting in front of his mirror and was staring at himself, slowly running his fingers through his hair with shaking fingers.

"Jihoon I'm sorry we…" I began.

"Shut up."

I was appalled. Jihoon had never ever interrupted someone before. Nor had he said shut up.

"Just shut up and go away, I know you're enjoying this!" he said, still not turning to face me.

I heard the catch in his voice and two seconds later, he covered his face with his hands and started crying. And the sound of his gentle cries were filling me with more and more regret until suddenly, I snapped.

My emotions just uncapped in the way that I least expected. Suddenly I was angry. "Dude it's just your hair, grow up!" I snapped. As soon as I said it, I regretted it. As soon as Jihoon looked up with tear-filled eyes, I wanted to apologize. And as soon as Jihoon got up and sprinted out of the room, his hands covering his mouth and his sobs echoing loudly in the apartment, I wished I had never been born.

For a full minute, I just stood there, staring at the open door that Jihoon had just run out of. Then the full force of what I had done just hit me. I had just lost Jihoon's trust. I realized then that I wasn't only his friend but I was his only friend. Jihoon wasn't crying because of his hair. He was crying because of me.

Slowly, I sank onto his bed, my head in my hands. How could I have…? I mean why didn't I..? Even my thoughts wouldn't finish. Jihoon was probably feeling what I would feel if I had just discovered that I had lost all my friends. Betrayed. Lonely. Worthless.

Before I started sobbing myself, I stood up and sprinted out of the room. Jihoon was in the kitchen, sitting on one of the swivel bar stools in front of the kitchen island. His eyes went wide when he saw me and he quickly spun his chair the opposite way of me.

I didn't say anything.

I just watched him cry silently for a few seconds before I walked over and stood behind him. "Jihoon." I started finally, "I'm sorry… I should have stopped Seungkwan and Seokmin but…"

I bit my lip. Well here goes nothing, I thought.

"I thought you'd look really cute with pink hair." I blurted in one breath.

I could see he was processing what I had just said and when it finally clicked, he removed his hands from his mouth. "So…you don't think I look stupid?" he asked quietly. Desperately.

I smiled as gently as I could. "If I thought that, would I do this?"

Qnd I finally, finally did what I had wanted to do since I had first lay eyes on this gorgeous now-pinkhead. I spun the stool around and kissed Lee Jihoon.

At first, he stiffened even further but then he relaxed into my kiss. I place my hands on his waist but he kept his hands tightly on his lap at first but when I lifted my fingers to his still-wet hair; he brought them up, one to rest over my cheek and the other around my shoulder. His fingers were cold but just as soft as I imagined them.

If I could stop time, it would have been right then, when Jihoon's beautiful face was pressed against mine and I was inhaling the smell of his hair dye.

But when he pulled away and smiled at me, I would have paused time again, just to take in the delighted sparkle in his eyes and the gentle pink blush that ran across his pale cheeks.

And when his beautiful lips parted to form words, I would have stopped for a third time.

I couldn't, so I didn't. But I will always remember that moment and I will always replay his words in my head, every time I think of him.

"Wow, you must think I'm beautiful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

idk how the layout looks but heres the first one shot !! im sorry if it isnt good but this is just for me to write it down bc i have so much cute ideas omg !! well anyways i hope everyone had a lovely day ♡ (-: