Let Me Be Insane.

Undeniable Chemistry

Ji Hyo stared at herself at the rearview mirror as her manager started driving into the movie filming set. Today was the first day on set for her. The other cast and crew has been filming for about two days on their own. Despite the rough delay that the production had, everything seems to be going back to its original flow. She couldn't exactly start filming her scenes until there was snow. The director didn't want to use fake snow as it wouldn't seem authetic and it would probably wouldn't match with the emotional scenes that she has lined up for the next two months. No matter how much she has read the script, the more she falls in love with it. Considering that it is set as an emotional heartbreaking love story between two people who has the worst luck upon them, nothing could be more heartwrenching than that. Skimming through a scene that she is about to do in a few hours, she took a deep breath to try get into character.

"We're here," her manager declared as he put the van into park. Gathering her things on the passenger side, he looked over at her. "They said to meet everyone first, some of them are filming right now. As soon as you greet, I think we can go straight to the make up from there."

"Alright," climbing out of the car, she clenched onto the script in hand as she walked along the snow. Winter has finally started and it always has to be the coldest winter once she has a schedule lined up. "Hello, hello, hello." she greeted each and every crew member that was in her line of sight. As soon as she reached over to where the director and the monitors are, she smiled. "Hello, Director."

"Ji Hyo!" Director Park got up from his seat and gave Ji Hyo a hug. "Your scene will be after this. I think you'll have to get ready now. By the time you're done, we're all set for filming."

"Okay." She greeted a few other crew and cast members on the way to the makeup room. As soon as she walked in, she was automatically greeted by Jo In Sung grabbing her by the waist, spinning her around. "Oppa!"

"Oh? Aren't you two the same aged? Why call In Sung-ssi oppa?" Sung Dong Il asked curiously.

In Sung placed his arms around her shoulder while laughing. "Ah, I'm a couple months older than Ji Hyo. She likes calling me oppa sometimes, depending on her mood. When she's mad, that's when she starts treating me like a friend and start screaming. But when it's like today - where she actually likes me, she'll call me oppa."

Dong Il laughed. "Ah, I know many people like that."

"Sunbae, I look forward working with you." Ji Hyo said while shaking his head.

"Same here, same here."

. . .

Jong Kook took one last look at the ultrasound before tucking it away into the glove compartment in his car. It has been a week now. After getting his mind straight and trying his best to forget most of the pain, he has decided to get his life back on track. As soon as he closed the glove compartment, he got out of his car - heading toward the station to film one of his shows. "Hello, hello!" He greeted the crew members that he sees weekly as he walks over to the make up room. Receiving the script, he does an once look over - making sure he doesn't miss out on anything. His mind started to wander off back to one week ago - after Ji Hyo found him crying in the car.

(one week ago)

Ji Hyo wrapped herself in a blanket as she laid down, letting Jong Kook lay besides her. "Tell me. I know I said I didn't want to know but hyung, seeing you like that wasn't okay."

Jong Kook closed his sore eyes. "Eun Hye was really pregnant back then."

Her eyes widened from the sudden new. "Really?" She has always knew that Jong Kook thought of what if he was a father back then. "So is it like me? She kept the baby hidden?" She started counting in her head. "The kid should be ten year old already right?"

"He was supposed to be ten," Jong Kook opened his eyes staring at the white ceiling. Maybe because he was crying earlier but he feels as if the ceiling is inching closer to him every single time he blinked. "She did it, giving the baby up. After getting this..." he held up the ultrasound. "Two and half months and she decided to just give the baby up."

Ji Hyo couldn't believe what she was hearing. "She really did so?" When Jong Kook nodded his head, she can only stay silent. This whole issue is complicated itself. It's not like she could get angry because she has no right to be. She can understand why he is upset or even angry but if she thinks about from Eun Hye's point of view - it's merely her body. "Are you more upset about not being able to have the baby when you had the chance to?"

"I don't know how I feel," he confessed. "Almost like a mixed of emotions. When I think about Eun Hye, I get so angry that I just hate her so much. But then there's also this side of me that I pity her. I didn't just lose the baby, she did too." He looked over at Ji Hyo and muttered softly. "I feel angry with myself that I can't be that angry with Eun Hye. Why am I so weak hearted? Instead of anger, I just feel sad and pain. For once, I just want to feel the anger towards her. She gave up the baby without my consideration, I never had a say in all of it. And to tell me ten years later? What does that help?" Jong Kook turned away from Ji Hyo as he breathe heavily. "It's one lie after another with her."

Ji Hyo coughed and shivered from the coldness. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry that you're going through this."

Jong Kook watched as she tried her best to stay warm with two blankets. Even with a heating pad, she was still shaking like crazy. Not even bothering on asking, he inched closer to her in the bed. Placing his arm under her, he pulled her closer as he wrapped the other arm around her. "You need to stay warm if you want to get better."

"Ah," her eyes started shifting left to right as her face was practially on Jong Kook's chest. Interestingly, she could hear his heartbeat as they laid in the bed together. "Thank you." It was all she could say. Surprisingly, with his warmth she was falling asleep faster than she has been in the past three days.

(present day)

"Jong Kook, we film in five minutes!" a producer walked in quickly and dashed right out toward the set.

Getting up from his seat as his makeup is all set, he stopped in front of the TV and listened onto the reporter that was speaking. Sources believe that Yoon Eun Hye is actually flying back to Korea today. Alot of people were assuming that she was trying to take a break from the entertainment world after all the rough things she went through. We will be back with even more footage of her possible return. "Rough things that she went through," Jong Kook repeated to himself. Taking the remote that was on the table, he turned off the television and went back to what he was doing. 

"Kim Jong Kook!" He turned to see Ji Suk Jin rushing over with a piece of paper in his hand. "Oh, good to see you here. Do you mind if you do a favor for me?" 

Jong Kook looked at the piece of paper. "Is someone sick?" 

"What? Sick? No." Suk Jin handed his the piece of paper and his credit card. "To celebrate Ji Hyo's first day movie filming, the other members & I want to send a food truck to the set. It would mean a lot, don't you think?" Suk Jin pointed over to the other side of the hallway. "I have a segment to film so I can't hand over the card and message we want on the banner so can you after you film your show?" 

"Okay," Jong Kook took a look at the piece of paper. Our Mong Ji! Fighting! A smile spread across his face. "That's cute." He puts the credit card in his back pocket and gave Suk Jin a farewell hug. "See you Monday."

. . . 

Ji Hyo puts down the script on her chair and hurried off to the the set. As soon as she stood on the mark that was placed for the cameras to get the right angles, she closed her eyes when the makeup and hair stylists rushed over to fix a few things. Out of all the movies or dramas she has done, she wants to get this movie right. Get all the emotions and acting right so it could fit with the script. 

"Okay! 3! 2! 1! Action!" Director Park yelled over the megaphone. "Camera 1 pan out and do a far shot around In Sung & Ji Hyo!" 

"Hye In," In Sung got into character immediately and looked at Ji Hyo with sad empty eyes. "If we do this, the life we once knew will be gone. We won't live the luxury life anymore."

"It's okay," Ji Hyo grabbed onto In Sung's hands, placing them on both sides of her cheeks. "Jung Ran, I love you. I will and can do anything for you." 

In Sung's eyes welled up in tears as he pry his hands away from her face and took a seat back. "But I can't."

"What?" 

"I can't leave behind my cars, my clothes, my money..." In Sung shook his head. "I can't leave it all for a life that we may not know if we're able to survive in."

Ji Hyo got a lot more emotional than she originally wanted for this scene. For some reason, this scene was speaking to her. It was almost like its a part of her. Like a conversation she once had with Ji Hoon. 

(nine years ago) 

"if you were to win the award at the end of year for the drama, what would you say in your speech?" Ji Hyo asked. It was probably four months before the big awards. With the success of Goong radiating off the cast so much. They almost knew that they will win big. 

"Say my thanks to the agency, cast, crew, the director." Ji Hoon answered while flipping through the magazine. 

"Me?" Ji Hyo smiled. "Would you say thanks to me in the speech?" 

"Why? Do you want to expose what we have or something?" Ji Hoon shook his head furiously. "We can't," he looked at her. "We're getting more popular than we thought. If we release to the media that we're dating, it would plummet severely down the ground."

Ji Hyo frowned. "Is the popularity more important than me?" It was the first time that she had knew this side of Ji Hoon. Despite the long period of time that they have been dating, she never thought that he took fame and glory so seriously. For her, she would just be thankful if people fell in love with her acting and say that she plays her roles right. The fand and glory never mattered and it certainly isn't more important than someone she cares and loves for. "Ji Hoon, would you leave me if you had the chance? If something happened that could benefit your stardom just a little bit more, would you leave me?" 

Ji Hoon stopped flipping through the magazine and shrugged his shoulders. "It would depend."

"You wouldn't leave it all behind? For me?" 

Once he started laughing as if the whole thing she is discussing is a joke that's when she knew. He wouldn't do anything for her. It's always has been about him. 

(present day) 

"CUT!" Director Park leaned over his chair as he pointed out Ji Hyo's running black mascara tears. "Make up!"

In Sung wiped the remaining tears from her face with a concerned look on his face. "Are you alright?"

"Oh," sniffling back some of the tears that wanted to escape, she cleared as she jumped up and down to control herself. "Ah, what's wrong with me. I'm not supposed to get this emotional over something like this."

"It's okay," In Sung closed his eyes as his stylists also rushed over to fix his makeup. "Just relax."

Ji Hyo bowed toward the director. "I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry about it! Okay! 3! 2! 1! Action!"

"You wouldn't leave it all behind? For me?" Ji Hyo repeated the same line.

In Sung exhaled and shrugged his shoulders. "It's not that I don't want to but it's that I don't think I can."

"Jung Ran...."

Grabbing both her hands as he kissed the palms of it, he swiftly moved aside a strand of hair from her face. "Can't we just stay here? Just live through the chaos?"

"And die?" Ji Hyo questioned. "Sooner or later, your family will probably send someone to murder me. Is that what you want?"

As In Sung and Ji Hyo continued acting the same scene in multiple angles, the crew members were impressed by the quick chemistry and teamwork that the two actors are showcasing. Maybe it's because they've worked together or the fact that they understood each other - whatever it may be, it made filming out in the cold a lot easier as time was quickly going by. As soon as they finished acting out the scene, In Sung and Ji Hyo hugged each other once the director called out cut.

"Good work! The next scene will be in forty minutes!" Director Park walked over and patted both of the actor's shoulders. "Good work. Ji Hyo, your running man members sent a food and coffee truck for the crew. Tell them our thanks and graitude."

Ji Hyo looked over at the two trucks on the far right and smiled softly once she read the banner. Our beautiful Mong Ji! Fighting! "Good work, In Sung."

He laughed as he walked alongside her. "We have like eighty more scenes to do, let's see if you still think so." In Sung joked. When Ji Hyo hit him playfully on the arm, he smirked and wrapped his arms around her shoulder as they wait in line together. "Did Kwang Soo tell you?"

"Hm?"

"I'm having a small get together at my house," In Sung said. "You should come. I invited our other cast so we can get along. Try to set the mood between us for the next two months."

Ji Hyo looked at him. "If it's going to be between the movie cast, why would Kwang Soo tell me about it?"

"What? Of course he has to. He's going to be a big part in it."

"You're going to make him clean up after the party, aren't you?"

In Sung laughed. "You caught me." As they were closer to the truck, he smiled. "He said he'll invite the running man members if he can. Maybe you'll like it better knowing that they're there."

. . .

Dong Wook clenched his hands onto Do Hyun's shoulders, narrowing his eyes at the kid. "You have to promise if anything happens, you'll call your mom or ahjussi. Okay?"

Do Hyun nodded his head. "I know."

This uneasy feeling inside of him, he can't get rid of it. No matter how much he thinks about it, this is the most stupidest idea that Ji Hyo has thought of. Why would she insist on letting Do Hyun spend the weekend with Joo Ji Hoon? What good could it possibly be? The doorbell rang. Dong Wook looked over at the camera monitor and sighed once he saw it was Ji Hoon in front of his house. "Okay, let's go." Quietly standing by Dong Wook's side, Do Hyun watched as he opened the front door and there stood his father. The face that he saw almost weekly on the television. The face he once saw on that ripped up photograph. It's his father. "Don't take him up during the day, he easily gets sunburnt." Dong Wook instructed as he held onto Do Hyun's hand. "I wrote a list of his favorite thing to eat."

"Ahjussi, I'm not a kid."

How ironic. Dong Wook squinted his eyes at Do Hyun so he could keep silence. "Listen, as much as I think this is the dumbest idea in the world but this is what both Ji Hyo and Do Hyun wants. And I don't have any say - "

"Of course you don't. You're not related to either of them." Ji Hoon interrupted while smiling.

. Dong Wook exhaled deeply to control himself before stepping aside so Do Hyun can walk out the door. "Do Hyun, have fun."

"Thank you." Do Hyun looked up at his father, he looks like him. "Hello."

Ji Hoon bent down so they could both be eye level. "Hello."

Dong Wook watched as they both shook hands and smiled at each other. He waved a final goodbye Do Hyun before both of they walked out the gate and toward Ji Hoon's car. "Ah, I hate this." he muttered to himself before shutting the front door behind him.

. . .

Finishing the last scene for the day, Ji Hyo silently made her way over to the van - waiting for her manager to come out of the bathroom. She has to go home and change then leave for In Sung's little party. Clenching onto both sides of her neck, she felt as if it was too painful to move the slightest with it. As she closed her eyes, she groaned once she heard her phone ring. Picking it up without looking at the caller ID, she cleared . "Hello?"

"It's Jong Kook hyung," he starts out by saying. "Are you going to be at Jo In Sung-ssi's little party?"

Ji Hyo opened her eyes. "Yeah, why? Are you coming?"

"Maybe, I don't know yet."

"Well, I guess I'll see you there later if you could." Jong Kook wouldn't just call her out of the blue to just ask that. "Is there something wrong?"

She could hear a chuckle from the other end of the line, it's nice to hear him laugh a little bit. "Are you going to assume that there is something wrong with me every time I call?"

"I don't know. It depends if you stop having something wrong with you each time you call." Ji Hyo joked back.

"Ah, Song Ji Hyo. You're back." Jong Kook laughed.

"Kim Jong Kook, you're back too." Ji Hyo said back. Now that she thinks about it, these past month and half has been rough for the both of them. At first, it began because of the growing scandal that Eun Hye caused. From there, things just started escalating out of the blue. Running Man had to be halted for a month. Through that month, Ji Hyo was going through a whole emotional rollercoaster about her family. Being in the spotlight is already hard enough but to drag your family into it - made her feel as if she has done everything wrong. For Jong Kook, he thought that his life was going perfectly fine and there wasn't anything that he didn't know. Until when Eun Hye dropped the bombshell that he was about to be a dad before she did what she did. Being so emotionally invested into their old relationship and how much he wants a family, that bombshell ruined it for days. He couldn't focus on anything that was set in front of him. The same goes for Ji Hyo. Having to work with Ji Hoon for three months was the most frustration and most emotional thing she had to go through. Not only was she ridiculed and judge during that drama set but she had to smile and laugh through people's known lies toward her. Ji Hyo leaned against the van and sighed as she looked up at the night sky. "I'm glad that we're both back to ourselves..."

There was a long pause before Jong Kook answered. "Yeah.." Ji Hyo could hear a crew member from the other end of the line telling Jong Kook it's time to film again. "I have to go, Ji Hyo. Bye."

. . .

Taking a sip from the beer can she has in her hand, she laughed as she watched Kwang Soo and In Sung screaming at each other over a game that they both lost at. It was already three hours into the party, everyone mostly alreaady left. The only remaining people were the Running Man cast and Song Joong Ki. "Hyung! You're not being fair! You lost more than I did so you," Kwang Soo slid over the glass that was mixed with beer and soju. "Drink it."

In Sung insisted on pushing the glass back over to Kwang Soo. "Ya! I'm older, aren't you going to listen?"

Haha and Gary were the only other running man members that were here. "Listen to In Sung." Gary said to Kwang Soo.

"I hate this game!" Kwang Soo screamed before downing the glass into one shot. Clenching his teeth from the taste, he groaned. "I feel drunk."

Joong Ki laughed at his best friend. "He really does look like a giraffe when he clenches his teeth like that!" It caused everyone to look at Kwang Soo again, bursting into a huge fit of laughter.

"Are you really going to be like this?" Kwang Soo narrowed his eyes at Joong Ki.

The sound of the someone knocking on the door made Ji Hyo get up. "I'll get it for you," she told In Sung before making her way over. She smiled to see Jong Kook finally arriving to the party. "Aren't you a little late?"

Jong Kook made an apologetic face before he walked in. "Late shooting." He waved over at In Sung, putting down a bottle of wine onto the table. "I got wine for you."

In Sung walked over. "You didn't have to. I think everyone had enough drinks for the night. Do you want water? I know you don't drink."

Nodding his head as he looked around the house. "Thanks." Jong Kook adverted his attention over to Ji Hyo. "How was your first day of filming?"

"It went smoothly. Everyone gets along." She answered as she took another sip of the beer. "I think filming will be alright. At least better than the drama filming months I had."

Jong Kook smiled. "You will do okay," taking the glass of water that In Sung handed to him. "Thanks."

"How have you been?"

"Lately? Fine." Jong Kook answered honestly. He shrugged his shoulders and chuckled. "It's been a little stressful. With performing on music show as Turbo and film all the varity show I am weekly. I probably didn't think my life choices very well."

In Sung laughed. "You'll be fine. You're strong!"

"What about you? How does it feel to film with Ji Hyo again?"

"Hmm...tiring?" In Sung laughed when she lifted her arm to hit him. "It's good. Since the movie really needs an emotional connection between two leads, I'm glad I got to do with a friend. Save the awkward meet up and discussions for certain scenes."

"Hyung!" Kwang Soo and Joong Ki screamed for In Sung as they were still arguing over what happened.

Ji Hyo leaned against the wall. "Did you hear? Eun Hye-ssi is back here."

"I know." Jong Kook answered as he leaned against the wall next to her. "She tried calling me earlier."

"Are you going to try and meet up with her?" Ji Hyo didn't want Jong Kook to just keep this problem buried and not try to talk it out with Eun Hye. Maybe he should try to listen her side of the story even more. Even if it might be half truth and half lies.

"I don't know about that yet," he replied. "Let's just see how the week goes." Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo, noticing the middle crease between her eyebrows. "Are you worried about something?"

"Huh?" Ji Hyo asked confused. "Oh. Do Hyun. He's with Ji Hoon right now." She looked at him, her eyes widened. "How did you know I was worried about something?"

"That middle crease you always have between your eyebrows," Jong Kook placed his finger between her eyebrows, smoothing it away. "You didn't know that about yourself?"

"No." Ji Hyo said.

"Well, you do it alot."

"It's always you, huh."

"Always me what?" Jong Kook asked.

"To know the small little things about me that I don't even know about."

Jong Kook cleared his throat. "You're the same with me. When I try to put up a wall and act normal, you always catch me on the act. You always seem to know that there's something wrong with me." He turned to look at her face better. If only he could confess his feelings right here, just tell her that he is extremely in love with her. But what if he does do it? Would it be another month of silence between them? "I guess we try understand each other more than others does."

Just as Ji Hyo was going to reply, the lights suddenly turned off. She automatically screamed since she doesn't like the darkness, it reminds her of haunted houses making her feel like a ghost or zombie will pop out. "Sorry! Sorry!" In Sung said as they heard him scrambling through the living room. "It's the wires. Hold on, let me go find the box to fix it."

His heart was beating faster than it should be right now. His hands were becoming sweaty and he didn't know how to stop. And it's all because of one reason. Even in the dark, he could see and feel where Ji Hyo was. After the lights turned off, she automatically clenched onto Jong Kook's shirt, face palming herself onto his chest. It wasn't like they're weren't this close before. But it was the fact that it was so sudden that he couldn't control the way his heart was beating anymore. Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! He can swear Ji Hyo is possibly listening to it right now.

The lights turn back on and he looked down to see Ji Hyo still clenching onto him. "It's over. The lights are back on."

Ji Hyo pulled herself away from him and cleared as she looked around. Everyone had their eyes on Ji Hyo and Jong Kook, obviously catching the moment on how those two looked like against the wall. Not wanting to comment on it, everyone else adverted their attention to something else while Jong Kook and Ji Hyo awkwardly stood there.

"I forgot something in the car," Jong Kook said softly. "I'll be back."

. . .

Shaking his head as he paced back and forth on the street, he is trying his best to hold himself back from confessing his feelings. That moment just now up there was too personal and way too close. Looking at himself at the car window, he could see how red his cheeks were. What is he? Five? Why is his face this red?

"Hyung!" Ji Hyo stepped outside with her hands wrapped around her waist as it was cold and windy. "It's going to snow soon! You should get inside."

"Okay." Jong Kook said while clearing his throat. He stood there, waiting for her to go inside first. "You go up first."

Ji Hyo bit her lip. She felt it. The sound of his heart she heard it. The way his cheeks are flushing red, she sees it. Has what Dong Wook been saying true? That Kim Jong Kook possibly likes her? "I hope..." she stops, wandering what exactly she should say. "I hope what I did earlier didn't shock you too much." She has hugged Jong Kook countless of times. It was nothing, it means nothing. As she stood there, her feet in the snow - she wondered about the past behaviors of his in front of her. Does that the kiss from that day.....

"Ji Hyo-ah."

"Huh?"

"Call me crazy or possibly insane for what I'm about to do," Jong Kook said slowly. For the past few days, the only person that understood him was her. He has held back so much from his actions because he was afraid of scaring her away. That he may never see her again. He lied about the kiss from a month ago being nothing. He lied about treating her only as a friend. He lied about his feelings towards her. And as they both stood outside in the middle of the snowy weather, nothing is going on in his mind except the mere thought that she looks incredibly beautiful right now. People say that before you give up something so quickly, the least thing you should know is that you tried. But he never tried. He wanted to make sure of how she felt first but how was he exactly supposed to now if he didn't showcase his own feelings for her? The more he thinks about it, the more sense it made. When he's alone, he thinks about the pain he felt about Eun Hye. When he's with Ji Hyo, it doesn't matter who is in the room with them - he only sees Song Ji Hyo. The way she makes him feel, the way she makes him think. The way she made him return to his old self for always understanding and knowing him best. It is making him insanse. So right now, he wants to stay being insane. Let him be insane with his actions for just five minutes. Just five minutes.

And without another word, he slowly made his way over to Ji Hyo. His eyes intently staying in contact with hers as he inches closer to her. Just five minutes, let me be insane. For just tonight. Just like that, he closed the boundaries between them. His lips moving closer, he waits to see if she was going to pull away like last time. But she didn't. Ji Hyo stood there, her eyes widened as she watched Jong Kook stepped in even closer, they faces merely centimeters away from each other. Just five minutes, he keeps repeating in his head. Softly and slowly, Jong Kook leaned down - kissing her passionately with the snow falling above them. When he felt Ji Hyo clenching onto the end of his shirt, he couldn't help but smile. The reason behind the smile was because he felt her kissing him back. His reached over to both sides of her face, holding onto her cheeks softly as he furiously kissed her even more.

 

A/N: Dun Dun Dun! Here's the next chapter! I hope you all like it! Please do comment and share what you think! I know the past two chapters has been pretty sad. But we're finally hitting the middle mark of the story! Here comes the drama and more romance possibly! :P Thank you for reading! Sorry for any mistakes!