Scene III

The Gray Area

Later that night

[YIFAN rushes to the door as he hears keys jingling.  The door opens to reveal YIXING in a white dress shirt and black dress pants.  He puts the keys on the counter, and takes off his shoes.  YIFAN looks at YIXING and notices his faltering steps.

 

YIFAN (clears throat)

            (In a stern voice)  Are you drunk?

 

YIXING (in a tired voice)

            No, I’m just tired.

 

YIFAN

            Then why are stumbling, and why does your breath smell like alcohol?

 

YIXING (exasperated)

            Fan please, can we save this for tomorrow?  I’m really tired right now.

 

YIFAN (snickers)

            Coming home at almost midnight, drunk!  Do you think that’s right?

 

YIXING (screaming in frustration)

            I was at work!  I had two glasses of wine, that’s it!  Are you satisfied!?

 

YIFAN (snorts)

            Sure. Work.

 

YIXING (angry)

Ugh!  I have had it with you thinking that I’m cheating on you!  Why do you always think like that!?

 

YIFAN (shouting)

Well, what am I suppose to think?  He texts you, he makes you work extra hours, he freaking calls you late at night!  What boss does that? 

 

YIXING (frustrated)

Then that’s his fault, not mine!  And could you get it through that tiny brain of yours that it’s work!  It’s just work!  There is absolutely nothing going on between me and my boss.

 

YIFAN (sneering)

            Sure.  It’s all just work.

 

YIXING (screaming in frustration)

            Fine!  You know what, we are done!  I’m done!

 

[YIXING grabs his keys from the counter.  He puts his shoes back on and heads for the door.  YIFAN looks at him with an irritated face.

 

YIFAN (angry)

            Go ahead!  Run away!  That’s what you’re good at right?  Always running away!

 

YIXING (shouting)

            We are done!

 

YIFAN (annoyed)

            And just where do you think you’re going to go!?

 

YIXING (sarcastically)

            To my boss!!!

 

[YIXING slams the door, not bothering to lock it.  YIFAN is left irritated.  He walks over to the door and locks it.  He makes his way into the kitchen, to the fridge and grabs a can of beer.  He opens it, and takes a drink as he sits on the couch in the living room.  YIFAN grabs the remote and turns on the TV.  He takes another chug from the bottle, and continues to stare blankly at the screen.


Two more scenes to go! See you all next week! ByeBye~~~

EDIT: There is actually only one more scene left.