Scene II

The Gray Area

Two months prior

 

[The smell of freshly made pancakes surrounds the air of their apartment.  YIFAN had the day off and YIXNG didn’t have to go to work until later in the evening.  YIXING had woken up early to cook breakfast, which was something he rarely did.  Their jobs made it almost impossible for them to see each other in the mornings.  Their mornings mostly consisted of quick hellos and goodbyes as they rush to their jobs.  YIXING hums as he flips the last pancake. He turns the stove off and moves the cooked pancakes onto a plate.  He places the plate on the table he put effort setting, making sure it was perfect. YIXING looks at the table and checks everything before heading to their bedroom to wake up YIFAN.

 

YIXING (softly shakes YIFAN awake)

            Hey wake up.  I made breakfast.

 

YIFAN (mumbling)

            …too early…

YIXING (in a sweet tone)

            Wake up Fan~

 

YIFAN (sits up on the bed)

            (While rubbing his eyes of sleepiness) Morning.  Why are you up so early?

 

YIXING

Well, seeing as we both aren’t busy this morning, I made breakfast! 

 

[YIXING grabs YIFAN's hands and scurries out of their bedroom.

 

YIFAN (chuckling)

            (Amused) Okay, slow down.

 

[They head over to the table and sit down.  YIFAN takes a sip of the cup of coffee and sighs in satisfaction.

 

YIFAN (in a complementing tone)

            Wow, I can’t remember the last time I drank your coffee.  It tastes amazing babe, thanks!

 

YIXING (happily)

You’re welcome.  (While grabbing the syrup)  I have to leave at five today, do you think you can drop me off?

 

YIFAN (looks at YIXING)

            Where?  I thought you had the day off today.

 

YIXING

            I have the morning off, but I have to go to my boss’ party.

 

YIFAN (sternly)

            I don’t remember you mentioning anything about a party.

 

YIXING (stares at YIFAN )

            I told you about it last week.

 

YIFAN (ignoring)

            Well, I don’t remember.  (Seriously) Don’t go.

 

YIXING

            I can’t just not go.  I have to, it’s an important event.

 

YIFAN (daringly)

Why can’t you?  Wouldn’t you rather spend the day with me and not in some party with your boss?

 

YIXING (annoyed)

            It’s work, Fan.  (Slowly in a serious voice) I’m going to the party for work.

 

YIFAN (indifferently)

            Fine.  Go to your boss’ party.

 

[What started off as a good morning was now filled with heavy tension.  YIFAN grabs the syrup and pours it on his pancakes.  He takes his fork, slices a piece of the pancake, and eats.

 

YIFAN (chewing)

            It’s cold.

 

YIXING (grudgingly)

            (Stands up) I’m going to take a shower.

 

[YIXING takes his plate and puts in the sink.  He goes to the bathroom with an annoyed look, ignoring YIFAN's stare.  YIFAN sits at the table, sipping his coffee, feeling just as annoyed as his boyfriend.


Hello everyone. It has been some time since I last updated any of my fics. If you follow Paint My Love, you would know that I am going through a rough time right now, but I am trying my best to move on and prevent myself from getting depressed. I wanted to update this first, and Paint My Love will be updated either by tomorrow or over the weekend. Thank you all for understanding my situation and I am also sorry for making you wait and constantly postponing updates.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ByeBye!~~~