OVC CHAPTER 2

Our Vicious Circle

I opened my eyes in a startle after hearing a loud beeping noise. I was drenched in sweat and my heart was beating crazily in my ribcage. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes to calm myself.

 

Jaejoong.

 

Cat.

 

Blood.

 

Dead.

 

I immediately reopened my eyes once again after remembering the dreadful event that I witnessed. Feeling the tears welling up in my eyes, I heard the insistent beeping noise next to me. I then realized that I was in my bedroom, on my bed. A bit disoriented, I reached for my phone only to see a text:

 

Yunnie^^

 

How long are you gonna make me wait? Remember our date? It’s today!!

 

Come on, I’m seriously considering leaving... :P

 

-Your Jaejoongie <3

 

Puzzled, I took my head on my hand. Seeing the date in my phone, I suddenly understood everything.

 

July 15th, 20XX

 

I had a nightmare. Only a nightmare. An awful nightmare, but at least it wasn’t the reality.

 

I let out a sigh full of relief and thanked god. My phone once again beeped and I opened it to see another text from my now-definitely-alive boyfriend:

 

Jung Yunho! Show your right here right now if you don’t want to see me sulking!

 

-An angry Jaejoong  >_<

 

Tossing aside my bed sheet, I ran to the bathroom and then to my room to make myself presentable before I sprinted to the park.

 

Breathless, I arrived in front of my love who was pouting slightly on his swing. A damn cat on his laps.

 

Nevertheless, I kissed him (on top of his head because of you-know-what) and settled on the swing next to him. Frowning a bit at the cat, I however noticed that my Jaejoong was still very sulky.

 

“Jaejoongie, I’m very sorry. I kind of had a bad dream last night and couldn’t really wake up on time... Sorry.” I apologized.

 

He looked at me weirdly before sighing:

 

 

"I'm not really that mad. Just... don't make me wait for you. You don't know how much I worried about you, thinking about all the things that could have happened to you. It's... not pleasant."

 

 

Recalling my nightmare and the feeling to lose someone dear to you, I felt guilty that my love had to experience even just a fraction of that pain.

 

 

"Jae, I'm very sorry. Hey, don't frown! You'll get wrinkles more easily and I sure don't want to date an old man!" I teased, trying to brighten the mood.

 

 

Indeed, my little joke had the effect I wanted; my boyfriend puffed his cheeks and stuck his tongue out at me with a small smile.

 

 

"Says the one who sleeps like a log. Shall I call you Yunho the Sleeping Beauty, now?"

 

 

"... Whatever, dear grandpa. Don't go cry to me when you'll see that I'm the one who can preserve my youth and beauty even after 100 years of sleeping it off!" I retorted in amusement.

 

 

"Hmpf! You, beautiful? I dare beg to differ!”

 

Flipping my hair up, I replied sneakily: “I am drop-dead gorgeous and you love me, don’t you?”

 

“Let’s forget the 5 first words and my answer is yes.” He smiled at me.

 

It was right at that moment that the (ooh... I think I developed a deep hatred toward it) cat jumped off my boyfriend’s laps and ran off somewhere.

 

Strangely enough, it’s kind of a déjà vu.

 

Of my nightmare.

 

Damn.

 

Grabbing Jae’s arm before he could chase the runaway cat, I said in a trembling voice:

 

“Let’s just get back home, shall we?”

 

Looking at me quizzically, my love simply nodded and held my hand while I lead us back to my house.

 

How could I forget how I felt when I thought that my Jaejoong had been struck by a truck? Maybe it’s just me being paranoid, but at least I can now rest assured that he’ll be safe.

 

On our way, he insisted that we make a small detour in the city for a small shopping spree. And who was I to refuse? Therefore, we were now walking among the tall building of Seoul. Many of them were in construction and I wondered how they will look when they’ll be finished. As someone who’s aiming to be an architect, I loved to observe such edifice for they can be a great source of study.

 

After awhile, I felt my boyfriend tugging on my arm.

 

“Yunho, I found a Hello Kitty shop over there!” he told me with eyes sparkling from excitation.

 

“Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s go over there, shall we?”

 

“Of course, hahaha!” he sprinted to get to that shop.

 

I didn’t really expect him to run off like that, but when he was that determined to get something, I don’t think anyone could hold onto him. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by the gasps of many people around me. Seeing that they had all they’re heads up, I lifted my eyes only to see a crane holding up metal bars that were dangerously leaning to the ground.  In a matter of seconds, the wire holding the metal bars snapped and screams filled the place. People were running away hastily from under the crane, but still, the screams never stopped. A scream in particular made me skip a heartbeat.

 

“YOUNG MAN, WATCH OUT! ABOVE YOU!”

 

Crash.

 

Young man? Jaejoong.

 

I hurried and pushed away the people in front of me. I screamed and screamed Jae’s name repeatedly until I finally reached the place.

 

Blood.

 

Again.

 

Blood.

 

And my Jaejoong pierced by the metal bars.

 

Seeing that he was still breathing, I rushed by his side and dropped down on my knees to his level on the ground. With tears blurring away my vision I whispered violently:

 

“No... Jaejoongie, don’t you dare leave me! Look at me, don’t close your eyes. Breathe, love, breathe. Don’t... don’t die.”

 

With what seemed like his last strength, he smiled.

 

I passed out.

 

(ô_ô) (ô_ô) (ô_ô) (ô_ô) (ô_ô)


 

Yo... Once again SORRY SORRY SORRY OTL

 

You’ll understand everything in the next chappie (or the next next one… Anyway :D)

 

And lovely people… I’m bored. Talk to meeeeeeee please XD Comment something random and I’ll be sure to answer.

 

See ya, love ya <3