wonsoo/soonsoo - listen

Our Spotlight

Jisoo quite enjoyed his job as a bartender. He made a ton of cash in just one night alone than he ever did working at that dumb burger joint. He didn't have to talk at all. It was a pretty good gig if he had to say so himself. 

Then on the other hand, Jisoo had a few patrons from this job that definitely left a lasting impression on him. 

There was a really good looking, but pretty male that went by the name of Jeonghan. Even Jisoo had to admit that the guy was gorgeous, but he never voiced his opinion out loud unless asked. 

Jeonghan had a terrible dilemma. Jisoo noted how Jeonghan would sometimes come into the bar with one of two different guys. 

One of the guys went by the name of Seungcheol and the other by Jun. Seungcheol had boyish charms in a manly, semi-buff body. Seungcheol, from what Jisoo remembered, was head over heels in love with Jeonghan. He was like a puppy following its owner. It was cute, Jisoo supposed. 

Jun was different from Seungcheol. Jun flirted with Jeonghan a lot, gave him a bunch of compliments every so often. Jeonghan, of course, would eat it up. Jun was also Chinese and Jeonghan quite liked a man who was intelligent enough to be bilingual. 

Jisoo could see where Jeonghan had his problem; he was in love with both of them very equally. Although he didn't have many experiences with love and relationships, Jisoo told Jeonghan that he couldn't string the two along anymore. If he truly loved them both, he'd either have to choose one or the other or none. 

___

Another group that Jisoo remembered were a quad of high school seniors. He knew they all had fakes, but he didn't feel like ruining their fun so early on. They had one life to live. Jisoo could remember a time where he was like them once. 

Spearheading their little group was a boy named Seungkwan. He was outgoing and boisterous and loved singing more than anything in the world. Maybe that was the reason why the guy wanted to major in theatre. 

The next was Minghao who had been a little shy at first, but only because his Korean was still a little shaky. Jisoo actually taught Minghao a few words and slang so he could use it on his friends. The look of their shocked faces when Minghao roasted them made Jisoo chuckle as he pretended to wipe down glasses. 

After that was Hansol, who apparently really liked to rap and made a few mixtapes before on soundcloud. He was hoping to learn some more about music and potentially make it big in the music industry. Jisoo also noticed how his stares and touches would linger a lot more on Seungkwan than on the others, but Jisoo simply kept his mouth shut when he made eye contact with Hansol.

The last but certainly not least of their group was Little Chan as Jisoo liked to refer to him as. Chan loved dancing more than anything in the world and wanted to major it in, but also wanted to major in business. He figured he could combine the two and eventually create a famous dance company, but Chan said sometimes dreams are just dreams. 

Jisoo remembered a time where he once dreamed like that. He wanted to just play guitar and travel the world and do nothing more. Unfortunately, happened and Jisoo made changes, but he's happier than he thought he'd be after giving up his dreams. 

He usually let the group of high school students talk and rant about their problems as Jisoo listened and gave his best input. They made him feel younger which was nice. 

___

Jisoo had met the next two individuals at separate times. He put two and two together and figured out they had history together. 

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Seokmin would come into the bar. On Saturdays and Sundays, Mingyu liked to come in. 

Jisoo once held a conversation with Mingyu where he spoke of a person he cared deeply for. Mingyu apparently broke the poor guy's heart while simultaneously smashing his own and he regretted it ever since. 

He soon found that the poor guy turned out to be Seokmin, another one of his patrons. Seokmin was a smiley kind of guy, but if he had too much to drink, he tended to ramble and babble a lot. Jisoo caught the end of one rambling about a man named Mingyu who broke his heart. Seokmin also may have shown Jisoo a picture of the two of them. 

From what Jisoo could recall, Seokmin's parents didn't really approve of Mingyu and told Mingyu to break up with their son. Because of Mingyu, Seokmin wanted to be a singer, but his parents wanted him to be a doctor and go to medical school. Of course, Mingyu didn't want to break up but he also wanted Seokmin to have the best life possible and being with him, it was hard to give him anything he wanted. Seokmin deserved so much. 

Jisoo couldn't even believe that such a story existed. But he once told Mingyu that if he really loved Seokmin, he'd do anything to be with him and love him unconditionally no matter who or what got in their way. 

He usually didn't try to make cupid considering his first occupation was being a bartender, but Jisoo had a soft heart. He told Mingyu of the days that Seokmin frequented the bar and Mingyu seemed shocked. 

On a Friday night, Seokmin came in as usual and sat at the counter while asking for a shot of vodka. In came Mingyu with a small bouquet of flowers and Seokmin seemed stunned when he turned around and saw Mingyu. 

Sure, as a bartender, he didn't really have a right to eavesdrop, but he was standing right there. After years of practice, pretending to wipe down glasses made it look like Jisoo never cared about anything even though he observed everything. 

That Friday night, Jisoo got to see what true love really was like. Of course, tears were shed. (On Seokmin's Part). But they kissed and made up and walked out of the bar hand in hand. Jisoo felt his heart swell at the sight and smiled. 

___

The last and final patron is a bright and cheerful man that went by the name of Soonyoung. Jisoo liked this guy a lot for some strange reason. Soonyoung liked to talk about anything and everything. He had dreams and he also had limits. But to Jisoo, it was nice talking to someone who seemed like he would also listen. 

Usually, Jisoo had to deal with listening to other people talk about their lives, their worries, their problems. Sometimes, Jisoo had worries, too. Soonyoung asked and he listened. 

Jisoo asked Soonyoung what his dreams were and he replied that he wanted to be a dancer. It reminded him of Little Chan actually. 

Soonyoung followed it up by saying that he accidentally tore a ligament and couldn't dance for a very long time. He hated himself because of it, but then he realized a dream to help others by trying his hand at becoming a physical therapist. 

"Sorry for talking so much. I took so much of your time."

Jisoo shook his head. "I wasn't doing much."

"If you're not doing anything after, would you like to get something to eat with me? I know it's late, but there's a 24/7 chicken place and trust me, they're to die for."

Jisoo was shocked because Soonyoung was practically asking him out on a date.

"You don't have to accept, but the offer stands." Soonyoung offered him such a brilliant smile and was so nice and Jisoo was stunned, but he just dumbly nodded his head while staying quiet. 

Soonyoung left him and Jisoo noticed a napkin on the counter where a series of numbers were written and Jisoo realized that it was Soonyoung's number. 

___

While this guy was not one of Jisoo's patrons, they did frequent the bar. His coworker, Wonwoo, usually worked the same shift as him. 

Wonwoo was quiet and reserved towards bar-goers, but with Jisoo, Wonwoo smiled a lot more and talked more. Jisoo really liked the way Wonwoo would smile and if he laughed hard enough, his nose would scrunch and Jisoo found that extremely adorable.

Wonwoo also enjoyed making puns and even if they were terrible, Jisoo humored him by cracking a smile. They were in the same boat in which they had to give up their dreams for different reasons. Wonwoo picked up the bartending gig along with being a full time student just so he could help his family out because they were in a bit of a pinch. Jisoo could relate. 

There had been an instance where a really drunk patron once tried to grab Jisoo because he cut the guy off, but Wonwoo came in and stopped it before it could get worse. 

It was then that Jisoo saw Wonwoo in a different light, but of course, he wouldn't act on it. Considering they're both coworkers, he didn't wanted something to make it awkward between them. He liked talking to Wonwoo. 

"Are you gonna go on that date with him?"

Jisoo looked up from wiping down the counter to Wonwoo who had been staring at him the whole time. He felt like he had two options here. He could go off and see where the road with Soonyoung took him. A bright and cheerful young man. Or he could stay with Wonwoo. A quiet, but warm and protective man. 

Jisoo looked down at his hands and mulled it over for a bit. He nodded to himself as he made his choice and smiled. He knew what'd he do and hopefully it was the right choice. 


Yeah... I purposely ended it here. I honestly couldn't decide between Soonyoung or Wonwoo for Jisoo, so I figured I'd do this to get the best of both worlds. LMAO. Although, if you really want me to pick, you could leave a comment down below with who you want and I could do a little epilogue of sorts about who Jisoo ended up choosing. Unless, you guys just want two different ending epilogues. I may not even do anything at all, hahaha!~ OH ALSO. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope 2017 is a spectacular year for my babies, SEVENTEEN.