soonsoo drabbles

Our Spotlight

01. Focus

Many people have told Soonyoung that he was extremely whipped for a certain hyung of his. He couldn't help it, though. Whenever Jisoo needed help, Soonyoung was there in a heartbeat. Whenever Jisoo wanted to do something, Soonyoung would rush over and do it with the older so he wasn't lonely. That being said, Jisoo loved doing too many things at once which worried Soonyoung. 

It's not enough that his favorite hyung was the vice president of student council, but he was also a member of the school's choir and they had an upcoming performance soon. Not only that, but Jisoo was tirelessly planning the school's homecoming dance. Not to mention that Soonyoung knows for a fact that Jisoo tutors underclassmen on the off days he doesn't have practice or a student council meeting. 

"Hyung, are you sure? You seem out of it. Maybe we should just skip class today?" Soonyoung suggested, only to met with a faint giggle and a hand on his cheek. 

"You're silly, Soonyoungie. We can't skip. There's so much I have to do." Jisoo removed his hand from the younger's face before pivoting away and walking only to stumble against the lockers for support. Soonyoung frowned at how slowly and sluggishly his beloved hyung moved and jogged over to reach Jisoo before the other could continue further.

"Hyung." Soonyoung tried.

"I can't disappoint anybody." Jisoo said with a whisper. 

"I would rather that you disappoint people than working yourself to the brink of exhaustion." Soonyoung hoisted Jisoo up and carried him 'princess style' with Jisoo wrapping his arms around Soonyoung's neck. 

"Stop focusing so much on all of the things you have to do. Instead, I want you to focus only on me today, hyung." Soonyoung declared as they hurried out of school so they won't be caught by any teachers for skipping. Even with his slight confession, he blushed hard and stared straight forward because he just couldn't face Jisoo after his little declaration. 

"Sure, I can do that, Soonyoungie." He looked down at Jisoo and the older was giving him a gentle look and he felt the red bloom over his face once more. 

02. Flower

Soonyoung didn't mind the job working at the florist shop. The pay was decent, his boss was nice, and he had a really cute co-worker that he may or may not be crushing on. But then again, it was like everyone was crushing on the beautifully attractive Hong Jisoo. Soonyoung has seen the way his other co-workers act towards Jisoo, him included. 

Whenever they have to move the large bags of soil from the truck to the back, Soonyoung carefully notes the way that Mingyu offers to help Jisoo. Maybe if he was taller and stronger like Mingyu and had rippling biceps, Jisoo would blush and oogle at him too. 

Or maybe it's whenever there's a customer and Jisoo is busy explaining anything and everything to them and Jeonghan is always around to help Jisoo out by doing some live demonstrations. 

Perhaps it was how Jisoo was assigned with Wonwoo to rearrange the potted plants to make it much more presentable and prettier and Soonyoung sees exactly how Wonwoo leans in just a bit closer to Jisoo's personal space and the casual way Wonwoo leaves his hand on Jisoo's waist. 

Soonyoung just felt annoyed and tired at all of them because he should be the one impressing Jisoo. At least because he was assigned sweeping duty, he can keep an eye on Jisoo around the flower shop. 

"Your jealousy is showing." Soonyoung turns around in the employee locker room and glares at Mingyu. He flips the bird at the taller. 

"Hah, real mature! This is why Jisoo won't ever give you the time of day, dude." Mingyu says and Soonyoung thinks it stings a little.

"He's right, you know." Jeonghan comments as he and Wonwoo step in as well. Soonyoung just wants all of them to leave and stop being annoying little s. Instead of replying to any of them, Soonyoung just rolls his eyes. 

Thankfully, the terrible trio leave and Soonyoung can finally breathe again as he finishes hanging up his work apron on the hook. He almost misses the plant that's at the top shelf of his locker and he carefully removes it with gentle hands. It was a ranunculus plant. Soonyoung tilts his head as he tries to remember what this was supposed to mean.

"It means you're charming and attractive." At the sudden voice, Soonyoung yelps and almost drops the potted plant before carefully holds it close to his chest. He soon realizes that it's just Jisoo and he feels shy in the older's presence. 

"Ahh, is that so?" Soonyoung nods his head and looks over at the plant very fondly. Whoever left this for him must like him, he thought. 

"Soonyoung, I left that flower."

"Wait, what?"

Jisoo walks over and takes the plant out of Soonyoung's hands because he's honestly too stunned to do anything at the moment. 

"I think you're really charming and attractive, Kwon Soonyoung." Before he can even reply, Soonyoung is frozen by the press of Jisoo's lips on his cheek. His eyes widen and Jisoo pulls away laughing a sweet innocent laugh as usual. 

03. Sweetheart

Jisoo makes two lunches every single day since the beginning of his first year in high school. Also known as the year that Soonyoung confessed to him and the rest of history, as they say. Their parents are best friends and were completely ecstatic at the idea of making their sons date. Of course, Jisoo couldn't even think about dating someone else. Not when he and Soonyoung have spent so much time together. 

And even when somebody found him interesting, Soonyoung would do something to scare the poor person away. Jisoo got really mad at that until he realized Soonyoung's true feelings and it was okay for the most part. 

"Jisoo! My love! My whole world! My one and only!" Soonyoung cries out in the middle of the cafeteria and people start to stare. Jisoo merely laughs because his boyfriend was always embarrassing like that. 

He makes it to the table and Soonyoung just scoots closer because he doesn't understand the concept of personal space. Jisoo places the lunch he made in front of Soonyoung and immediately the younger kisses Jisoo on the cheek and starts digging in. 

"Thank god you made it, Jisoo. Kwon Dumbyoung was seriously annoying me." Jihoon points out, shooting a glare in the poor guy's direction. "I will never understand how you put up with him."

"They're practically married at this point." Jisoo's other friend, Jun, comments as he points his chopsticks in their face. 

"I know. It's disgusting." Jihoon agrees, giving Soonyoung a nasty look and an apologetic one to Jisoo.

"You can do so much better, Jisoo. Let's get you a new boyfriend." Minghao claims from his seat next to Jisoo. He just simply laughs with a hand covering his mouth. Soonyoung finishes chewing and swallows and frowns at his friends. 

"You guys are mean! Jisoo would never date anybody else other than me. Right, babe?" Soonyoung gives Jisoo a kicked puppy dog look and Jisoo pats the other's cheek. 

"I wouldn't date anybody besides Soonyoung." Jisoo starts and Soonyoung is grinning like he's just won some grand prize. 

"But that doesn't mean I can't marry someone else." Jisoo finishes and Soonyoung feigns shock as he holds a hand to his chest where his heart is. Jisoo laughs hard, as does everyone at the table. 

"Oh don't be such a baby, Soonyoung. You know I was just kidding." Soonyoung pouts and points to his lips and Jisoo rolls his eyes, but there's a smile on his face before he leans in and kisses his boyfriend. 

04. Soulmate

Most people tend to meet their soulmates around age eighteen. Some are early and some are late. Soonyoung was one of the unlucky few who had to be late in meeting his soulmate. The thing is when one meets their soulmate, a tattoo is supposed to complete itself on your body. For Soonyoung, he makes out that the tattoo is an outline of a cat with whiskers. As of right now, it's missing an ear and the other side of whiskers. When he meets his soulmate, it'll be finished and Soonyoung is absolutely dying to meet whoever it is. 

Soonyoung liked to think he was a patient person, but he's close to the age of twenty and he feels like he's dying. He's a dance major in college and life is good, but all around him, everyone seems to be with their other half. But him? He hasn't met his other half yet. And sometimes Soonyoung is afraid that maybe his soulmate died or something like that and that's why he hasn't met the person yet. His friends tell him to stop worrying so much and that everything happens for a reason. 

Soonyoung rolls his eyes at them. They wouldn't be saying that if they hadn't met their own soulmates already. 

It's an ordinary day as usual. Soonyoung wakes up late and misses his first class of the day. He has two more classes later but figures he might as well skip the whole day. They were just dance workshops anyways, so he could afford an absence or two. 

He got ready as usual and headed over to his favorite coffee shop to get himself something to eat. With his heads in the cloud and his mp3 player on high, Soonyoung paid no attention to his surroundings. It was only when he bumped into somebody that he finally snapped out of his reverie to apologize to the person he bumped into. 

He's face to face with a man about his age with pinkish hair and a feline look to his face. Excitement seems to bubble out of nowhere in the pit of his stomach and Soonyoung makes to stand up. After dusting himself off, he holds out a hand for the stranger to take and pull himself up. From the movement, Soonyoung's sleeve rolls up his forearm revealing his cat tattoo. He hadn't noticed it before but it's finally completed with both ears and all whiskers in tact. 

"It filled out?" Soonyoung questions to no one in particular. He takes one look at the stranger again and that bubbly feeling is back again in his stomach. He notices the stranger looking at his own wrist and Soonyoung asks to see as the stranger shyly holds out his arm. The tattoo was of a star. 

"A star." Soonyoung pulls back and purses his lips. So this was his soulmate. Boy, did he get lucky as hell. 

"Does this mean what I think it does?" The stranger asks and Soonyoung grins before nodding his head. 

"I guess so. Umm, I'm Soonyoung." He holds his hand out. 

"Jisoo." Their hands linger for a moment. 

"So what's the deal with the cat?"

"I love cats. But probably because everyone thinks I look like one. What about the star?"

"I'm gonna shine bright like a star."

"That's... cool."

"Actually, my dance nickname is Hoshi and that... means star, so you know."

"Okay, that's actually really cute. I think Hoshi fits you."

"..."

"Awww, are you blushing?"

"N-no."


hi guys! so honestly... i'm like scrambling about irl because college is starting soon again for me and it's gonna be my sophomore year and wow clinical lab, i love it but because it's a health science, textbooks are mad expensive lmao. 

that being said, me posting anything and writing will be even slower and sadly, i won't be posting as much. but on the bright side, there's still so much i want to write! i mean, i've only been doing drabbles (wonsoo and now soonsoo). BUT I HOPE TO DO ACTUAL ONESHOTS ONCE I STOP BEING LAZY AND BUSY LOL. i'm hoping to do some more wonsoo drabbles before college starts and then maybe some seoksoo drabbles and maybe a minshua oneshot? 

ALSO FOR ANYBODY IN COLLEGE. LMFAO. DON'T BE LIKE SOONYOUNG AND SKIP CLASSES WILLY-NILLY. trust me, i skipped classes like crazy my freshman year of college. (i mean, i made dean's list with a 3.2 gpa, but i'm just lucky...) going to class is kinda fun... speaking of class, I wanna write more college!aus for jisoo and all his pairings !!!!