wonsoo drabbles

Our Spotlight

01. Jealousy

Wonwoo knew the gentle American hyung wasn't even his to begin with, but he couldn't help the twinge of jealousy make its way through his bones whenever he saw the older being affectionate with everyone that wasn't him. 

He was jealous that he couldn't be like Seungcheol or Jeonghan who were the same age as Jisoo. 

He was jealous that he couldn't be like Seungkwan or Seokmin or Soonyoung who were extremely playful with Jisoo and could make him laugh and smile like crazy.

He was jealous that he couldn't be like Vernon who could easily converse in english with Jisoo probably to talk about how he missed home and make him feel better. 

He was jealous that he couldn't be like Jun or Minghao or Mingyu or Chan and have Jisoo dote on him.

He was even jealous of Jihoon just for being in the same team as Jisoo.

But there are times where he feels happy because Jisoo does notice him. Where Jisoo would dote on him. Times where Wonwoo could just rest his hands on Jisoo's waist or wrap his arms around the older and Jisoo wouldn't mind whatsoever and it was nice. He liked that. But Wonwoo didn't like being jealous. 

____

02. Demon

Jisoo was much too kind and much too gentle for such a cruel world, Wonwoo thinks. The older is a sweet ole forest guardian which is almost akin to a nymph or a fairy. Wonwoo, himself, was a demon, a much scarier being and more sinister than anything. 

The first time they met, Wonwoo was sure that Jisoo would try to get him away from the forest because Wonwoo reeked of death and evil and was killing the grass under him with every step. But no. Jisoo welcomed him with a bright smile and told him to sit down and chat. 

Jisoo was too kind, so maybe that's why Wonwoo always felt like he was taking advantage of him every time he visited. He'd scoop Jisoo up in his arms and the other would smile his usual smile, the kind where his eyes would crinkle. 

The first time Wonwoo kissed Jisoo was spontaneous. He wondered how the forest guardian's lips would feel against his own and they were as soft as he thought. Another thing that surprised Wonwoo was that Jisoo kissed back with all the fervor he could. 

There's nothing against the rules of their kinds ever falling in love, but it should be wrong. It's just that with Jisoo, Wonwoo thinks everything feels right. He especially likes the times where Jisoo is seated on the ground with his back against a log and Wonwoo has his head on Jisoo's lap. 

He feels content as they sit in silence aside from the common noises of the forest. There's a gentle breeze and Jisoo has a hand gently touching Wonwoo's horns and then those warm fingers are carding through his black hair and everything's good in his life for once. As a demon, he thinks that bad things should happen to him, but this is the best thing ever. 

____

03. Soulmate

Jisoo liked being alone. He didn't have to worry about anybody else and he could easily just rely on himself. 

Whenever his parents tell him about meeting his soulmate one day, he has to scoff at the idea. What kind of sick joke did the universe have for them that they were forced a soulmate. It was stupid and dumb and Jisoo vowed that he'd never accept it in the event that he does meet his destined one. 

He's busy taking notes for a class he couldn't care less about. The professor is too peppy for his liking and his classmates are annoying as well. It's why he likes sitting in the back because he doesn't have to deal with anybody else. 

It's when he's leaving the large lecture hall that he bumps into something, or rather someone for that matter. The male has black hair that's spiked up and has a sturdier build, not muscle-y, but lean and just right. Jisoo wants to tell the other off for bumping into him but he's stunned and tongue-tied. He felt a spark as soon as they touched. His heart's beating faster and he can feel a blush fighting to show on his face.

Jisoo makes the mistakes of making eye contact with the stranger and he feels at ease. He sees the color black in his mind, but it's not a malicious kind of dark. It's a comforting black that envelops him and Jisoo decides that he really likes it. 

"Yellow." The other's low voice snaps Jisoo out of his reverie and he stares wide-eyed. 

"Your color is yellow." The male says and Jisoo thinks he really likes the guy's voice and would wish he spoke just a tad more. 

"I-I see. Black. Uhh, your color that is." Jisoo stammers out and he sees the guy smiling at him. The guy stands up first and he holds a hand out for Jisoo to take. He hesitates because he's wary, but he accepts it anyways and is pulled up. Jisoo is about to pull away when the guy drags him closer. The guy peers into Jisoo's eyes and suddenly he feels lips on his. 

Suddenly, Jisoo feels like he's among the stars. There's a vast darkness all around him, but then little bright yellow stars pop up everywhere he looks. The lips leave his and Jisoo didn't even realize he had one hand on the guy's jaw and the other resting on the other's bicep. It's then he also notices that the guy has his arms around his waist and he blushes some more. 

"I'm Wonwoo. Jeon Wonwoo. It's nice to finally meet you, soulmate." 

Jisoo smiles back and figures that the other saw exactly what he did. A sky full of stars and it was beautiful. 

"Hong Jisoo. Hi..." He holds Wonwoo's hand. "Soulmate."

____

04. Eyes

Wonwoo liked to pride himself on being a very observant person. He liked to think he knew a lot about his friends. But there was just one friend he couldn't quite understand. 

Jisoo was really kind and sweet and the most gentle person he's ever met. He had eyes that just seemed to naturally sparkle and gleam as if they held stardust within them. 

Jisoo was one of the older ones in their friend group. All 13 of them. Wonwoo noticed that Jisoo doted on everyone in very subtle ways. He hung around Seungcheol and Jeonghan a lot and let the two older males just because they could. He fooled around and played a lot when it came to Seungkwan, Seokmin, and Soonyoung. Especially Soonyoung. Jisoo and Vernon had this older brother younger brother dynamic probably based on the fact they both could speak english. He fed Chan a lot of snacks when he could. He loved holding onto or clinging to Jun or Minghao and the two would always reciprocate it. Jisoo and Mingyu were also extremely touchy with each other, Wonwoo noticed. They held hands a lot and Jisoo shared almost all of his food with Mingyu. Even with Jihoon, they would play guitar together and have mini jam sessions. And with him, Jisoo liked to sit in silence with him while they read in the library or the courtyard. 

But he didn't understand how one person could be so calm and gentle all the time. It was nice to have a person like Jisoo in their group, but he also wanted to know what set Jisoo off. What ticked him, what made him angry. Wonwoo wanted to know. 

Wonwoo finds out one day while they were walking home. Jisoo lived a few houses down Wonwoo's street, so they usually walked together. 

They find a girl being cornered by three males and Wonwoo sees Jisoo's fists clenching and anger flashing in his eyes before it settles back into their eerie calmness. Wonwoo didn't think Jisoo could even fight, so he does the unthinkable and fends off the three males trying to bother the girl. There's punches and kicks and Wonwoo doesn't think about anything other than protecting Jisoo. 

He's holding his side and he falls to the ground on his knees. He's panting heavily and he sees Jisoo talking to the girl and then she scurries off. That's about all he remembers before he blacks out.

Wonwoo wakes up soon after that and he's in a familiar room. He looks around and sees Jisoo at his desk working on something. Wonwoo shifts around and it alerts Jisoo to turn around and his eyes widen before he scrambles to get up and get to Wonwoo's side. 

"Thank god, you're okay, Wonwoo. I was so worried!" Jisoo says and Wonwoo notices the older boy's hands are holding tightly onto one of his own. 

"I'm fine..." Wonwoo replies and he winces as a pain shoots through his head. He finally looks into Jisoo's eyes and he notices something different about them. Jisoo was usually doting with their friend group and it could easily be seen that his eyes shone with adoration for all his friends. But there was something more in Jisoo's eyes when Wonwoo looked at him. He couldn't place his finger on it.

"Please don't do anything stupid like that again, Wonwoo. I don't know... what I would do if something terrible happened to you." Jisoo's confession surprises Wonwoo and it's then he finally realizes the different look in Jisoo's eyes. Besides the traditional worry, Wonwoo sees hope, sees adoration, sees admiration, but he also sees love. 

Wonwoo ruffles Jisoo's hair as he trails down to cup Jisoo's face. 

"I won't leave you, Jisoo." It's a simple statement, but it's also a promise. Jisoo smiles at this and Wonwoo is shocked when the older leans up and presses a chaste kiss on his lips. 

Wonwoo thinks that Jisoo's eyes are really special. They hold the gleaming stars above and Jisoo looks at their friends with a passionate adoration, but Wonwoo knows that Jisoo reserves a certain look just for him. Jisoo looks at Wonwoo like he's the only one that matters, like the only one in the room. He looks at Wonwoo with so much love, he thinks he might burst from all the happiness.