Dinner Date

Love Letters

Note: I'm in need of some fluff once in a while, this ongoing and open collection of bits is the result of that and it's highly unlikely that there will be any drama here. Sorry to disappoint but yeah. If you need drama read one of the other 2 xD

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun was nervous.

No.

Not nervous.

Nervous was the understatement of the century.

He was terrified.

 

He and Jiyong had gotten closer the past 2 weeks and the pretty postman would come and visit him after work, almost every day.

They didn’t even know each other for more than 2 weeks but Seunghyun couldn’t contain his feelings any longer, not a single minute! Thus he decided that he should act on it. Ask him out. Yeah. That was the plan.

He shuffled into the hallway and stood in front of the mirror, desperately trying to fix the collar of his shirt.

He sighed in frustration.

 

He had to look nice.

 

His nerves were going havoc as it was, he couldn’t even fathom the outcome of this night if things weren’t going to go right. He hadn’t enough confidence to ask Jiyong out, if the circumstances weren’t perfect.

The nervous man made his way into the kitchen and checked the settings of their dinner table once more, lighting some candles and filling their wineglasses. Than he grabbed the bouquet of white roses and forget-me-nots and moved to stand in the hallway, facing the door, to wait for Jiyong.

It didn’t take the petite man long, to appear on his threshold, the soft knocking on the door reverberating through the hall.

Seunghyun stood frozen for a moment, dread and anticipation alike, humming through his body. He moved slowly, towards the door, hesitantly inching closer and drawing one last deep breath, before opening it and facing the young man, he adored so very much.

 

“Hi Seunghyun I- ohhh…” His voice fell half way through the sentence, smile faltering slightly.

“You seem to be awaiting someone.” Jiyong smiled uneasily.

“Errr… Yes. I-I do.” Seunghyun smiled nervously, momentarily forgetting what he wanted to say.

 

He didn’t notice the crestfallen look on the younger man’s face.

 

“Come in.” He stepped aside, making room for Jiyong to pass.

“Ahh… No Hyung, I shouldn’t disturb you on your date.” He smiled sadly and turned to leave.

Seunghyun, now registering how wrong that went, hastily moved to get a hold of his wrist.

“No, I mean, I-I… was waiting for you…” He let go of the smaller man’s hand and looked down, blushing.

“I don’t think I quite understand...” Jiyong froze, not daring to hope he heard it right. Why should Seunghyun wait for him? An ordinary mailman. That was just downright ridiculous.

“I… actually w-wanted to… to ask you out.” Seunghyun, furiously blushing now, took Jiyong’s hands in his again and lead them into the house, towards the kitchen.

“These are for you, by the way.”

Jiyong took the bouquet in his hands, happily smiling.

“Please take a seat.” Seunghyun pulled one of the chairs out and gestured for his guest to make himself comfortable.

“Wait, let me put these in a vase for as long as you are here.” Seunghyun flushed red again, just now realizing the stupidity of bringing the flowers to meet his guest at the front door.

What’s done is done.

He sighed and placed the bouquet into a vase, filling it with water and setting it onto the counter. Turning towards the oven he pulled the lasagna out and prepared two plates for them.

“I hope you like it.” He sat one plate in front of Jiyong and sat down on the other end of the table with his own plate.

Seunghyun started to feel a bit uncomfortable, as they ate in silence. He didn’t know how to take Jiyong’s silence and he was afraid to speak up, seeing that he was so nervous it was highly likely he said something stupid, or offensive even.

Jiyong, totally unaware of the others distress and the silent, raging war that was battling inside Seunghyuns head, just enjoyed the peaceful silence, savoring every bite of the lasagna.

It had been a while since a person cooked for him and he felt happy just thinking about how much work the older one had poured into making him dinner.

It was a sweet gesture and Jiyong wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world, to hell with 5 star restaurants, a home cooked meal beat anything.

Seunghyun, feeling highly anxious by now, couldn’t take the silence anymore.

“I… I’m sorry I didn’t take you out for a real date, I should’ve booked a table or something, I mean the ambient is so much nicer and I’m not really skilled in the kitchen and also-“

“What are you talking about? Everything is just perfect, I love it.” The other looked up, confusion showing on his pretty face.

“What? You… You do?” Seunghyun couldn’t keep the unbelieving tone to his voice out.

“Yeah..?” Jiyong didn’t understand the others doubts at all.

“You are the first person who ever cooked for me, besides my mom that is.” He smiled.

“Most people would book a table at a restaurant and wouldn’t even bother, but you… I mean you decorated the table, you brought me flowers, you pulled the chair out for me and you even made me the best lasagna I ever had! That’s really nice of you, you know? You were not obligated to do that at all and yet here we are and it’s more I could’ve ever asked for. Really. Thank you, Seunghyun.” Jiyong finished, quietly.

 

 

The night went faster by then Seunghyun would’ve liked.

They were sitting on the front porch, enjoying the cool autumn night and each other’s company.

Seunghyun sighed.

“Was I an absolute disaster or was it good enough to score me a second date?” Seunghyun smirked slightly.

He had managed to trash the others shirt, spilling red wine all over it and had, in general, done and said really stupid things. He was the personified secondhand embarrassment, when he was nervous. And Seunghyun couldn’t remember a night when he was more nervous than this one. That meant, in conclusion, his mortifying awkward social hermit skills were at max that night.

Jiyong laughed quietly.

“I guess…” he smiled slightly at the flustered man.

“How about we see, if I am as good at embarrassing myself as you are.” Jiyong giggled.

“It’s my turn next time and then we can determine whether we are at the same disaster level huh? I’d bet we’d make a good chaos couple.” He continued.

“I sure hope we do, but I don’t think you can surpass my level of social awkwardness.” Seunghyun laughed.

“Mhhh…” Jiyong muttered. “We will see.”

“Marlene thinks we’d make a good one.” He added, after a few seconds of silence.

“Huh?”

“The old lady down the road, you know, the one that is always singing last Christmas in the middle of july.” Jiyong laughed quietly.

The older boy laughed along.

“You are going to have to trust her on this, then.” Seunghyun smirked.

“Oh.. Do I?” Jiyong scoffed, a humorous twinkle in his eyes.

“Yes you do…” Seunghyun winked at him, making Jiyong flush slightly.

“You are really weird, you know that?” Jiyong leaned slightly back, an incredulous look of astonishment showing on his face.

“How so?” The older frowned slightly.

“Ahhh… It’s just…” Jiyong was beat red by now. “When I first met you, I was really intimidated, because you were so handsome and just downright hot and stuff.”

“Oh?” The taller male, now clearly smirking, threw Jiyong a suggestive glance. “Was I, yeah?”

“Yeah.” Jiyong frowned slightly. “But now that I got to know you, the illusion is done with.” The petite male, replied cheekily.

 

Rattle.

 

Rattle.

 

Click.

 

“Hey!” Seunghyun said, entrusted.

“What? Your attitude called for it, Mr. Arrogant.” Jiyong said, eyebrows drawn up and almost disappearing under his fringe.

Seunghyun pouted slightly.

“Be glad. I don’t think I could date someone so ridiculously perfect.” Jiyong scrunched his nose up. “Handsome, intelligent, humorous AND a y, social butterfly attitude? That’s too much.”

“Plus, I like you better with that childlike glint in your eyes.” Jiyong smiled.

“Does that mean you consider us dating already?” Seunghyun asked, hopeful.

“Maybe.” Jiyong smiled mysteriously.

 

 

It was 1 am when Seunghyun walked Jiyong home, that night.

Jiyong thanked him for the flowers again and kissed him goodbye, having to promise Seunghyun, once again, to go out with him for a second date.

 

Seunghyun was dead tired the next morning, but he was smiling though all 9 hours of work, earning him weird looks from his coworkers and a head whacking, by his boss.

Seunghyun didn’t mind one bit, the deliriously happy, dopey grin on his face, never once leaving, as he dealt with noisy and disgruntled clients.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*