Just Like That

Love Letters

omg can't believe I get so mushy at 3am but oh well, here we go again uwu #nofksgiventbh xD

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was infatuated with Seunghyun.

There was no other way of putting it.

The small mailman was even cheerier as usual, wearing an almost creepy grin, wherever he went. His friends, his family, the customers, they all were used to the 24/7 good mood the frail guy was usually in, but this, they all agreed on it, was  unusually good, even for someone as cheery and happy as Jiyong.

The grumpy contestants on this list, might even be grading it as downright unsettling.

The rain was falling.

Jiyong was smiling.

So far so good.

(Rain was never a reason, not to smile, for a person like Jiyong.)

Santiago soiling his new pair of pants.

Jiyong was smiling.

No problem.

The mail slipping out of his hands, the breeze pulling the stack with it.

Jiyong chased after it, jumping up and down in concentration.

Smiling.

Okay.

Mr. Henderson having a bad mood, yelling at the sensitive lad.

Still.

Smiling.

And even wider than before.

To give the grumpy population of the small town some credit here: It was creepy.

Mrs. Thompson was that close, to check his temperature.

There he stood, the boy with the brightest gummy smile, the world had ever seen. Happily smiling as Mr. Henderson shouted at him to get that eating grin off his face. Which…

only widened the eating grin.

Ooops.

Seeing that, only infuriated Mr. Henderson even more.

 

Mrs. Thompson, sensing that the situation would escalate pretty soon from there on, decided to step in and pulled the oblivious boy away from the raging source of danger, she knew for way too many years now, in her timid opinion.

If she could swap the years she had known Mr. Henderson, with the years she had known the happy go lucky postman, she would certainly not hesitate, in doing so.

She pulled him into her backyard, seating the, almost comatose, boy into one of the chairs and went inside to retrieve their tea time utensils, shaking her head at the love stricken fool.

The poor boy was so deep lost into that pretty head of his, that it was likely he wouldn’t even be aware of getting kidnapped. He would probably just smile at his captors and recite some drowsy, mushy love poems.

She was glad for him though. The poor boy had a shining history of bad luck when it came to relationships, of romantic and platonic kind, alike.

It was heartbreaking to see, how such a gorgeous and talented young man, had so much trouble, finding for himself, what he always brought along for other people.

Wherever he went, he made people smile, made them happy and more often than once, even saved their days, with his sunny personality.

Jiyong however, couldn’t seem to grasp any of the luck he brought upon others, for himself.

 

She almost wanted to howl in frustration.

 

She had seen him at his worst.

 

The side, apart from the carefree, young man, not many had seen.

She had wiped his tears and muttered words of consolation. She had rubbed his back, trying to soothe the hiccupped sobs wrecking his frail body, she had encouraged him to eat, when he didn’t feel like it anymore.

Marlene had seen his devastated face, after his last boyfriend, of more than 2 years, had told him he was nothing but a mere boy toy.

It maddened her.

What a fool that guy was, for tossing Jiyong aside like he was nothing, stomping on his huge, kind heart, without caring that he would break it, break Jiyong.

She didn’t know how so many people, out there, where not able to see what a gem he was. What a treasure they had been gifted to take care of, to keep for themselves. And that, he was. Jiyong was, truth to be told, the purest, most kind hearted person, she had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

There was just not even so much as an ounce of evil in his soul.

Jiyong always put other people’s happiness before his, without hesitation or any care of the world, not ever second-guessing his good intentions. He was as selfless as one could be and if anyone ever needed him to be there and help, he would, without a care, if the one at the receiving end, was deserving or not.

And that was the part that worried her.

His good intentions in all honors, but Jiyong tended to believe in the good in people, no matter how many times he had been proven wrong.

She sighed, slipping out onto the porch, next to Jiyong and carefully rearranging the porcelain.

Looking at his dreamy smile, was all the information she needed and she hoped that this time, the person at the receiving end, was deserving of it.

Jiyong had been like a grandson to her, ever since he moved into town, always ready to help an old lady with the house chores, some gardening, the groceries or really just some nice chats or monopoly evenings with nice music, playing in the background. 

There was not a single person she appreciated more than him.

He was like an angel, when her daughters and sons had decided there were more exciting things in life, to go after, than their mother.

She was thankful.

 

Serving the tea, she poked the boy’s side.

“Enough of those dreamy, pouty smiles. Who is the reason for this mess?” She smiled cheekily at him.

Jiyong flushed red and drew his lips together in a thin line, overly nervous and giddy.

“Come on, tell that old Lady something to get excited about.” She bumped his shoulder, playfully.

 

“Okay, Okay… Only a few details tho! And no names!” He coughed awkwardly.

“He is really intelligent and has a great sense of humor. He loves dogs, even owns one and he is really caring and thoughtful.”

Typical Jiyong.

 

Stating the unknown guy’s main traits in personality and skillfully leaving out the rest.

 

“Appearance Jiyongaaahhh” The old lady singsonged.

He coughed uneasily.

“What? Is he not good looking as well? , your prince charming?”

He blushed.

“He is very good looking, thank you very much! But you know that I don’t like to dwell on appearances too much, it clouds your vis-“

“Your vision for the more important things, I know, I know.” She rolled her eyes at him.

He flushed an even deeper shade of red now, slowly giving in to the elder ladies scrutinizing stare.

“He’s tall, has broad shoulders, long legs, tanned skin and really really nice and warm eyes, you know that kind of stare that makes you feel warm, inside out, even on the coldest of December nights.”

“Alright little Shakespeare, I get the gist now.” She grinned.

“What do you like the most when it comes to his appearance?”

“His dimples. They are gorgeous and I just can’t help but smile along whenever they show.” He looked down, onto his lap.

That was it.

The final hint.

She grinned at him.

“I have said too much, haven’t I?” Jiyong never felt as dejected in his life before, there was just no use in trying to keep something hidden when it was his, literally speaking, oldest friend he was talking to.

“Yup.” She smiled.

She was very much pleased with his choice, this time around.

Seunghyun Choi was a nice boy and the two of them fitted together just right, she thought. Seunghyun had almost had the same problems as Jiyong in the past. Men seemed to think he was the fling type of guy. Easy. But she knew that he really wasn’t.

Good thing, the two of them did find each other then, she mused.

 

Seunghyun was good-looking, smart, humorous, interesting and had a very kind heart, as well.

Just like Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun had been disappointed by life, far too often.

Just like Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun was selfless, caring and loyal.

Just like Jiyong.

 

Marlene hoped that the two of them got together soon.

 

Just like Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*hides behind her hands* o m g