Frequent visitor

Bunny Cafe Lay


     

   You sat down in your little spot by the back of the cafe and relaxed. Every time you visited the cafe you could feel yourself begin to relax the moment you stepped through the doors. Although it was never empty the cafe was never filled with people like the starbucks around the other corner. Most people that visited the cafe spoke softly because they didn't want to frighten the rabbits and others chose not to speak at all as they sat in the rabbit area petting rabbits of their choice as they read books that they brought along. Even the music in the cafe was relaxing (on your third visit you found out that Lay was the one that picked out each song, every single one of them coming from his personal playlist), playing a range of English, Chinese and Korean songs that all sounded beautiful. Just as you had sunk down into your seat you spot the main reason of your repeated visits heading over towards you with his signature dimple grin.

"The average heart rate of a rabbit ranges between 130-325 beats per minute." He said as he brought over milk tea which was what you ordered every time you came here. 

"Rabbit fact of the day?" You ask as you smile up at him and resisted the consistent urge to pinch his cheeks.

"Yep. Its one of my favorite facts because it was also one of the first rabbit facts I learned." He set your drink down in front of you and looked like he wanted to say something but he was called away by another customer. You watched as he walked away and and found yourself once again admiring the way he smiled at everyone and how he always spoke nicely to his staff (your boss could take a few lessons). 

You were halfway through your drink when phone in your pocket vibrated. You let out a groan as you checked the message because you more or less already knew what it was about. Not having time to call Lay over again you paid the other waiter for you drink and left as quickly as you could.

It was a whole two weeks later when you stepped through the doors of the Bunny Cafe again.  You spent those two stressful depressing weeks at the office working for your slave driver of a boss because someone else messed something up and you had to be the one to fix it. You sat down on your spot and looked around for any changes. Almost immediately you noticed that the reason for that had you rushing to the cafe the moment you found out you had day off wasn't there. The only waiter out today was the one who had shook his head at you and Lay the first time you visited the cafe. You were about to call out to him but he spotted you first and head over to where you sat at an alarmingly fast speed.

"Your finally back. I'll go get Lay. He's been moping in his office because you haven't shown up in two weeks. I swear he's starting to grow mold." The waiter with the name tag Baekhyun rushed of before you could say anything. You thought of the cute image of Lay staring at the door and waiting for you to walk through which made you feel bad and also fuzzily happy. You were smiling just as you saw Lay towards you.

"Whatever Baekhyun said it isn't true!" Lay's face was rather red and too cute so you decided to have a little fun.

"So you didn't miss me?" You ask with a pout.

"I did, I mean I didn't, I mean-" You cut him off with your laughter as he looks at you with surprise. 

"I'm just kidding Baekhyun didn't say you missed me."

"But I did." You stopped laughing and you look at him. "I was worried I had done something to offend you when you suddenly left and then vanished for two weeks." He looked away from your eyes and looked down but you could still see the blush on his cheeks. You imagined him with ears that were drooping down and you did not like that one bit.

"Are you busy later?" He looks up surprised and confused.

"No..."

"Ok then I'll be back when the cafe closes at six to tell you about my dreadful two weeks over dinner." You smile as you get up and walk past him to head home and freshen up (you did not miss the smile on his face as you walked past.).