Among Mad Men

Nine

Bonus Drabble!

 

---

 

“I’m going to eat one.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are sitting on the latter’s bed, hovering over a small box that is placed on the duvet between them. “Authentic Hawaiian Chocolates,” the package reads in sunny yellow font. And then, in miniscule text underneath, “May contain peanuts.”

 

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says in an exasperated tone, eyes momentarily shutting as he wonders how the is my boyfriend so ing stupid what the . “You can’t. You’re allergic to peanuts.”

 

“There are no peanuts in these,” Chanyeol argues back. “Besides, Jongin got me these from Hawaii. It’s the Bro Code, Baek.”

 

“It may contain peanuts. You don’t know for sure that there aren’t any. And also, Jongin bought these for you from Costco because he forgot to get you a gift, so don’t even pull that one on me—”

 

Chanyeol folds his arms over his chest. He lets out an angry huff of air, blowing his bangs out of his eyes. “Fine!” He snaps, getting off of the bed and heading over to his desk. “If you’re going to be so mean about it….”

 

Baekhyun watches warily as the taller boy digs his hand inside the front pocket of his backpack. Finally, Chanyeol’s face lights up; he pulls out something that Baekhyun can’t see and bounces back to the bed before handing it to him.

 

Baekhyun obediently takes the object into his hands: it’s a small, yellow, rectangular box. He turns it over... and the color drains from his face. “Chanyeol—”

 

“Okay, so this is my EpiPen.” Chanyeol takes it eagerly from Baekhyun and pulls the injector out of its casing. “So how it works is first, you put the tip part thing near the top of my thigh—”

 

Baekhyun shoves Chanyeol away from him, shrieking at the top of his lungs. “I’m not going stab you with an EpiPen, you ing weirdo!”

 

Chanyeol seizes Baekhyun around the middle of his waist, dragging him back. “Then you swing your arm backwards—”

 

“The only thing I’ll be swinging is my fist, Park Chanyeol—”

 

“And yeah! Just put it in my thigh, press the button, and it’ll click or… or something, I don’t know, I’ve never had to use one before.” Chanyeol tosses the EpiPen next to Baekhyun, a cheerful smile on his face. His hand reaches out for the chocolates—

 

Baekhyun lets out a war cry and tackles Chanyeol. The taller falls back on his pillows and immediately rolls, wrestling Baekhyun underneath him. The latter yelps, trying to shove his boyfriend off of him, but Chanyeol’s grip on his wrists is too strong.

 

He stops struggling, panting from exertion. Chanyeol looks down from his position on top of him. His lips part as he laughs; his eyes crinkle into the pretty crescents that Baekhyun fell in love with. There is something warm inside of Baekhyun’s chest, something that used to be so foreign and uncomfortable to him but now something that he welcomes as home.

 

Chanyeol is looking at his lips now. Baekhyun’s heart flutters as his boyfriend hesitates for a moment, and then leans closer to him. His eyes close and his toes curl as he anticipates what is about to come—

 

“I’m going to eat one,” Chanyeol declares smugly into his ear.

 

Baekhyun kicks the box of chocolates off of the bed.

 

“NOOOOOOOO!” Chanyeol screams, diving to the ground to save his precious darlings. He picks the box up gingerly and dusts it off with a careful hand. “Baekhyun, I swear, if you do anything to Jongin’s gift—”

 

Baekhyun snatches the box out of Chanyeol’s grip and runs out the door. “I’m going to spray these with the water gun that Jongin bought me from Hawaii!” He hollers behind his shoulder.

 

“He got that from Costco too!” Chanyeol yells desperately at his boyfriend, but Baekhyun is already long gone.

 

---

 

I don't know if any of you guys like Kaisoo, but I'm writing for 10KFR Project! Come over and guess what I wrote ^^ (Also it's a good idea to follow the KFR Twitter if you want updates!)