Chapter 2

University Life

Since Kibum knew there was still an empty bed in Taemin’s room, he had made he was the one who got to use it. Luckily, the school didn’t protest at all when Kibum requested room 404 to be his room as well. The school was probably just glad that their new student already knew someone on his new school, since Kibum didn’t exactly start at the beginning of the year. For this exact reason, they had also allowed him to follow the same courses as Taemin. Putting him in acting and dancing alongside Taemin. They also made sure that his regular classes were the same as Taemin’s.

 

Of course a student couldn’t just request all of this with the school blindly obeying. But after a sudden big donation to the school was made, they were very willing to help Kibum out.

_________

 

Kibum went up to room, glad that he had come after classes were already over. This hopefully meant that Taemin was already in their room and could help him unpack. Also, it would be nice to get a tour of the school before he started attending the lessons tomorrow.

 

Kibum used his key to open the door and saw Taemin sitting on his bed looking up with a confused look. Which changed quickly when he saw who was standing in the doorway.

 

“Hyung! You’re here already! Why didn’t you call me to let me know?” “What? And miss the opportunity to surprise you?” Kibum smiled at Taemin and opened his arms for a hug. “Come here!” Taemin quickly walked over to him and gave Kibum a big hug. “I’ve missed talking to you this past week.” “Yeah me too. I just didn’t have time with everything I had to take care of.” “I know.”

_________

 

Once Kibum was settled in and he and Taemin had eaten something from the diner downstairs, too lazy to cook, Taemin showed him around the school.

 

“And here we have dance practice twice a week.” Taemin had been talking Kibum’s ear off for the whole trip. But Kibum put up with it. He knew the boy was just excited that Kibum had arrived.

 

Once Kibum had seen everything, and heard everything, they went back to their dorm.

 

“I can’t to see what the lessons will be like. This is the first time I’ll actually experience one.” “Don’t think it’s that great hyung, it’s still just school.” Kibum looked at Taemin. “I know, but weren’t you excited for your first day at a new school? It’ll probably wear off quite soon. But for now, I’m still excited.” Taemin thought about this for a while. “I guess you’re right hyung.”

 

After talking for a bit longer. Kibum decided he should go to sleep before it got too late. “I think I’m going to sleep now Taeminnie, otherwise I’ll look like a zombie tomorrow.” Taemin laughed at him. “Neh, sleep tight hyung.” “You too, goodnight Taeminnie.”

_________

 

Next day

 

Loud knocking on his door waked Kibum up. Groaning, he turned around and saw that Taemin had already gotten out of bed. “Taeminnie! There’s someone at the door! Can you please open it?” “Sure hyung.” Taemin walked to the door and opened it to reveal his brother standing on the other side.

 

“Hey Taeminah! I was wondering if you still have that book I lend you? Because I kind of-“ He stopped talking once he saw Kibum still lying in bed. “Who’s this?” Kibum turned to look at him. “Oh I’m sorry!” He quickly got out of bed, almost tripping, to the amusement of Taemin. When Kibum finally reached their guest. “I’m Kim Kibum, but you can just call me Key.” He smiled at him. “Oh so you’re Kibum! I’ve heard lots about you. I’m Jinki, Taemin’s brother. But please, just call me Onew.” “I’ve heard a lot about you too!” Onew smiled nervously, sending a glance at Taemin, who looked back at him innocently. “Good things I hope.” Kibum grinned at him. “Of course!” Somehow, Onew wasn’t entirely convinced.

_________

 

Onew had left again after Taemin had given him the book he had been looking for. Taemin turned to Kibum. They were eating breakfast now after haven gotten dressed. “So, I just wanted to let you know that hyung knows about who you really are. I couldn’t not tell him.” Kibum looked at Taemin. Not sure how to react. In the end he just sighed. “I understand Taeminnie, as long as it stays between the three of us.” Taemin nodded his head vigorously. “Absolutely! Hyung won’t tell anyone, I promise.” With that, that particular topic was closed as well.

­­­­_________ 

 

The rest of the day wasn’t particularly interesting for Kibum, though he was very glad he shared all of his classes with Taemin. It seemed the kid didn’t have too many friends. When Kibum asked about it, Taemin said it had something to do with him being so smart.

 

“That’s bull! That’s not a reason to not befriend someone!” Taemin sighed. “I know hyung, but it’s not like I don’t have any friends at all. They just don’t share the same classes as us.” “Oh. Well, that’s good then.” Taemin smiled at him. “You’ll probably meet them tomorrow though, today they don’t have the same lunch period.”

________

 

When the day was over, Kibum and Taemin went back to their room and made their homework. After that just relaxing and chatting till Kibum got up to start dinner preparations. “I have to say, I’m kind of glad you’re here hyung. Without you I would still have to live off of that diner food.” Kibum glanced back at him, a smile on his face. “So you’re just using me for my amazing cooking skills?”

 

Kibum heard Taemin laughing from where he was standing in the kitchen. “Of course hyung! Why else would I want you here?” Kibum rolled his eyes. “Love you too Taeminnie!” This was followed by more laughter from Taemin.

 

After dinner, “Hyung, this is amazing!” “I know.” They went and watched a movie while relaxing on their bed. Kibum glanced at Taemin cuddled next to him on his bed. “I have to say, for a first day, it was kind of okay.” Taemin glanced up at him. “Only kind of?” “Yes. Though the food was amazing of course.”

 

Taemin laughed loudly. “Of course hyung.”

_________ 

I know it's a bit of a short chapter, but I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to upload it tonight. So hope you enjoy! Even though it's somewhat short...