Chapter 3

University Life

The next day Kibum was, unfortunately, awoken by loud knocking on the door again. “Ugh Taeminah… does your brother not know that some people would like to sleep in when they can?” Kibum heard Taemin laughing from the other side of the room. “I don’t think it’s Onew hyung. He starts late today as well.” “Who is it then?” 

 

Kibum got up from his bed and padded to the door while rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Whoever it was, the person was still knocking enthusiastically on their door. “Yah! I’m coming already!” The knocking luckily stopped then.

 

Kibum opened the door with a frown on his face, but that frown quickly slipped away when he saw the person standing in the doorframe. “Uhm hi…” He uttered eloquently. The person standing there seemed just as stunned as Kibum felt.

 

“Uhm I was just- for Taemin?” They kept looking at each other, staring more like, until Taemin appeared next to Kibum in the doorway. “Oh! Jonghyun hyung! What are you doing here?” Taemin smiled at his hyung. Jonghyun however, was still staring at Kibum.

 

“Hi, I’m Jonghyun.” Taemin blinked. Was this really happening right now? Kibum’s face got a soft pink color and he smiled bashfully at Jonghyun. “Kibum, sorry for yelling just now.” “That’s okay.” Jonghyun smiled back at Kibum with the same bashful smile.

 

Taemin had had enough of his hyungs ignoring him already. “Jonghyun hyung! What are you doing here?” “Huh? Oh Taeminah! I was wondering if you got those notes on that history project? I kind of forgot to write them down.” He rubbed his hand over the back of his neck, embarrassed that he had once again spaced out during classes.

 

“Oh sure I’ll go get them.”

_________

 

Kibum was still checking Jonghyun out, overwhelmed by his presence. Jonghyun’s gaze landed on Kibum again, a small smile forming on both of their lips. “So,” Jonghyun broke the silence, “do you maybe want to go grab a coffee or something?”  “Are you asking me out?” “Yes. Yes I am.” Kibum’s smile grew. “In that case, I’m free at 4 o’clock today. Meet me in front of the building?” “Sure.”

 

Taemin returned with the notes and looked between Kibum and Jonghyun before sighing and going to the bathroom to get dressed.

 

Jonghyun started to turn away to get to his own room. “I’ll see you later Kibum.”

________

 

Taemin returned from the bathroom to see Kibum sitting at the kitchen table, head in his hand and a dreamy look on his face. “Taeminah, I think I’m in love.” Taemin couldn’t help but smile at the love-struck look on Kibum’s face.

 

“How could you be in love already? You’ve met him 5 minutes ago and you shared, like, 20 words or something.” “Have you never heard of love at first sight?” Taemin rolled his eyes at that. “That only happens in stories and sappy romantic movies hyung.”

 

Kibum turned his gaze to Taemin and pouted at him. “I don’t care. We’re going on a date later today though, so I won’t be here after classes.”

_______

 

Jonghyun wandered into his room that he shared with one of his friends.

 

“What’s up with you? You look all, giddy like, or something?” Jonghyun turned to where he heard the voice from to see his roommate playing a game of soccer on their TV.

 

“I think I just met my soul mate Minho. He was perfect! With his cute little nose and pretty eyes and the cutest dimples I have ever seen and he had the prettiest blush on his face when we were talking!” Minho gave Jonghyun a weird look. “Have you been drinking or something?”

 

Jonghyun gave Minho an incredulous look. “No! I’m telling the truth okay? And we’re going to drink coffee together later today.” The dreamy smile appeared on his face again before it was just as quickly replaced with a look of horror. “Oh my god! What am I going to wear?”

 

“Wait you’re really serious? I didn’t even know that you’re into guys.” Minho mumbled. Jonghyun turned to look at him. “Have I never told you I’m bi?” “No. No you haven’t.” Jonghyun frowned as he thought this over. “Oh.” He was quiet for a moment before the panic returned in his eyes. “But Minho! What am I going to wear?”

 

“Hyung relax, he has already seen you in your pajamas and he agreed to go on a date with you. I don’t think he’ll really care about what you’ll be wearing.” Jonghyun gave Minho another look.

 

“Of course he’ll care! I can’t just show up in a flimsy shirt and skinnies! I have to look nice okay? Now leave me alone, I need to look perfect.” Jonghyun turned around with a huff and walked into his room.

 

“Drama king.”

 

“I heard that!”

 

“Wasn’t trying to be quiet!” Minho yelled back before continuing his game.