Min Yoongi

Lost

Min Yoongi

            It’s been three weeks since has started and you were already failing all of your classes except your advanced music class because it was the only class you actually cared about. You knew you needed to keep your grades up to get into the college you wanted but you had no motivation what so ever. It wasn’t like your mom and your stepdad would help either or even cared at all. As you got ready for school and was thinking; thank god it’s Friday, your stepdad came storming up into your room and slammed open the door.

            “WHAT THE IS THIS!?” he screamed while shaking a piece of paper in his hand. You were in the middle of changing and were about to put on your shirt until he came in. You tried to keep a calm composure because you knew if you yelled back he would come at you.

            “I don’t know what you are talking about,” you said in a low voice.

            “DON’T PLAY DUMB WITH ME BOY, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!”

            You didn’t want to deal with this this morning because it would put you in a pissy mood the whole day so you just had to act liked you cared, nod, and agree with everything he said. That was the key to surviving and living in this house.

“You better ing get your grades up if you want to live in my house boy, you understand? No kid of mine will be having grades like these, or else I will pull you out of that dumb music class you are taking, are we clear?”

You knew after he said that if you didn’t keep calm you knew that were would blow up at him but you didn’t want to get hit today. You took deep breaths and answered.

“Yes, I understand.”

“Good, now get your to school now.”

 

*************************

 

You walked to school alone. You didn’t bother to stop by Nam Joon’s house or take the bus. You knew you were going to be late to school if you did walk but you did anyways. The New York streets were busy as always as you continued to walk to school. You had your head phones in listening to respect by Loco. You were still in a pissy mood from earlier and knew you would probably the whole day. You just hated your dad so much and didn’t understand why your mom didn’t do anything about him hitting you or yelling at you. You didn’t know if you were mad at your mother more or your stepdad more, or were you just mad at the whole world and God for making you go through this excuses of a life, you just didn’t know.

You arrived at school an hour late because you took your sweet time getting there. You walked up the stairs to your math class which you had about twenty minutes left in and took a seat in the back. Everyone was staring at you when you walked in and the teacher gave you a glare and went back to staring at her computer. Everyone was working on homework or some other things so you pulled your hoodie up and laid your head down on the desk. You were about to fall asleep until you felt someone tugging on your hoodie.

“Yo, dude where were you this morning? You didn’t answer your text! I thought you died man.” You lifted your head to see Nam Joon staring at you and giving you a glare that was supposed to intimidate you but it did just the opposite in fact.

“I didn’t die Nam Joon, I just walked to school”

“You could have answered your text at least.”

“Sorry.”

You put your head back down and tried to go to sleep. You heard Nam Joon whisper ‘whatever’ as he turned back to the front to work on his homework. You didn’t mean to come off mean but you were just not in the mood.

The bell rang for class to be over and so you gathered your belongings and was about to walk out the door when the teacher called you and Yoo Bi’s names. You stopped in your tracks and thought, since when was Yoo Bi in your math class?

“Yes Mrs. Johnson?” you heard Yoo Bi ask as she headed to the teachers desk as you did the same.

“I actually want to talk you both about you, Min Yoongi.” As she said this you could feel yourself gettting even more pissed off than you already were. You tried to keep your cool but it was getting hard now since you felt everyone was on your case today and it was only first period.

“Why does she have to be here if you just want to talk to me,” you spat. You could feel Yoo Bi’s on you as she gave you a glare but you didn’t care and tried to ignore it.

“Well, actually I was going to say since your grades on your test and homework is consistently low and Park Yoo Bi is excelling in this class she would be your tutor until you get your grades at least up to a B in my class.”

“But I don’t need a tutor.”

“If you didn’t need one then your grades would be passing in Yoongi. Please, I’m only trying to help you in the long run. There will be no excuses or complaints. Since off periods are starting today there is no better day to start. You can first do your homework that you didn’t do last week.”  The teacher handed you a stake of papers which you took with a scowl on your face. Meanwhile Yoo Bi was just was shocked as you about what just happened.

“I hope you don’t mind me putting you on the spot Yoo Bi since you just moved schools and classes but he really needs the help,” Mrs. Johnson said with a smile.

“Um…its really okay, I’m glad I can help.” You looked over to her and saw her already staring at you with her big eyes. Your face softened as soon as you stared at her face. You didn’t know why but whenever you were in a pissy mood and she was there, without saying anything she just lightened your mood a little, stupid right?

You cleared your throat and took the papers in your hand and began to walk out of the classroom.

“You guys can study in the Library during your off periods,” the teacher called out to you as you left for your next class.

******************************

You went all day without talking to Nam Joon and ate alone outside in the court yard at lunch. You just needed to cool off after all that has happened all day. You were still mad at your stepdad and your stupid math teacher but there was nothing you really could do anyways, plus you had work after school. The bell rang for everyone to go to their next period which was your off period. You headed to the library even though you didn’t want to study math at all. You began looking for Yoo Bi and spotted her at the tables in the back and started walking over. She saw you come over and gave you a small smile and began to take out her calculus text book and the homework you didn’t do.

            “So I guess we can start with the basics and the homework you didn’t do also. So what exactly do you need help with cause-“she began to ramble and you cut her off rudely still in one of your moods.

“Look, I don’t want to be here as much as you do probably and I’ve dealt with enough for today okay? So please can we speed this process up a little?” the shocked look on her face turned into a scowl and you knew she was mad.

“Why is it whenever I talk to you we always end of fighting? I’m just doing what Mrs. Johnson told me to!” her voice was beginning to raise a little until she realized you guys were in a library.

“I don’t know, maybe cause you’re so difficult to deal with!”

“I’m difficult to deal with?” she stressed, “You’re the one that’s always pissed off and yelling at me all the time! Like did I do to you!?”

            At this point you were both yelling at each other and somehow she ended up just a few feet in front of you with her finger touching your chest. You just stared at her in a daze, eyes wondering her body thinking when did she get all this confidence all of a sudden. You then took your hand and covered to shut her up.

            “Shhhh! You idiot do you want to get us in trouble?” she looked at you with surprised eyes and then glared at you. She managed to pry your hand off of her and shoot another death glare at you. Her face was a tomato red and her hair was a mess and I don’t think she realized how messy it was. She caught you staring at her and spoke.

            “What?” she whispered.

You didn’t answer and just scooted closer to her until her were right in front of her and you could hear her heart racing faster and faster. You didn’t know what came over you and didn’t know why she made you act like this. You guys would fight then make up and fight and make up, well at least some version of that and you barley knew her too, it was a weird feeling that you haven’t experienced before. You brushed her hair that was always in her face to the side and behind her ears. You felt her body tense with your touch. You left your hand on her face and just kept staring at her. Her face once again was turning bright red and she tried to turn her face away but you stopped her.

“Why do you always hide your face?” your voice barely above a whisper but you knew she could still hear you.

“I don’t know” she answered back in a quiet voice and removed your hand from her face.

“W-We should probably get to studying.” She stuttered and slowly moved away from you and seated herself back in her seat where she was before. You followed suit and waited until she began teaching the stuff that you weren’t paying any attention to but you kept getting distracted and were looking at her instead. You continued to think what is this feeling you are getting when you’re around her ad why does she make all your worries go away?

 

A/N:

안녕! I’m finally back from not updating in like forever lol. I’m really sorry but school and band got in the way. But I made this long chapter just to make up for it. Well at least I hope it’s long. More characters will be in the next chapter! Idk where this is going, or how I feel about this, but I hope you like it. I know it may move kind of slow but I want it to be as realistic as possible. Follow me on all my stuff in my bio! Also comment, vote and follow please! Feedback is also nice!