Park Yoo Bi

Lost

      You were sitting in the back of your Aunt and Uncle’s van staring at the scenery zipping pass you. Your eyes were very droopy from the long plane ride from Seoul to New York or the big apple as everyone calls it here. You leaned your head against the window and slipped your head phones into your ears and fell asleep to Bts Miss Right.

                                                                                      ******************

                The car came to stop in the driveway of a very large two story white brick house with black shutters and lots of windows covering it.  Your Aunt and Uncle climbed out of the van and went to the trunk to help bring all your belongings inside.

“Yoo Bi, wake up sweet heart we’re here.”

                You heard the sound of your aunt’s voice in the distance as you slowly came back to the real world from your deep sleep. You turned off your iPod and paused the Epik High song that was playing. Your aunt and uncle were already half way to the door to go inside so you quickly fixed your messy black hair and straighten your clothes and ran to catch up with your guardians. As you stepped into the house and replaced your beat up black converse with slippers you glanced around the modern looking house and took it all in.

“Wow…,” you breathed under your breath. The inside of the house was huge with tall ceilings, a flat screen TV in the living room, tons of furniture and paintings and everything you could have imagined. Compared to your old house you had it good. You remembered your old life, which wasn’t really too long ago to be honest. You remembered you your mom and dad living together peacefully in your one story house in Seoul cause you guys didn’t have much. You remembered the home cooked meals and all the good memories that seemed like centuries ago, it seemed like a dream until your uncle snapped you back to reality.

“……And your room is upstairs all the way at the end of the hallway. If you need anything just holler down,” he smiled down to you as he and your aunt walked back outside to finish unpacking all the rest of your bags. You slowly made your way up the stairs with some of your bags and opened the door and walked in. Not to your surprise the room was huge just like the rest of the house. You had a king sized bed with your own TV, a walk in closet and a desk top computer to top it off. You threw your bags on the bed and ran and jumped on top of it and sighed, you could get used to this.

                                                                                          ******************

                “Yoo Bi, dinner!” your aunt yelled.

     Since earlier you have unpacked some and took a shower and freshened up so now your hair is wet and you changed into a big t-shirt and shorts. As you made your way down the stairs you instantly smelled your favourite dish in the whole world, sushi. You then rushed downstairs and quickly took a seat at the kitchen table, mouthwatering.

“I knew you would like this, your parents always told me it was your favourite.”

      As soon as your aunt said that your smile wavered a little but you quickly put it back on your face. Your uncle gave your aunt a worried look and they both turned to look at you.

“It’s okay, I’m fine really.” You gave them both a small smile that didn’t reach your eyes and continued to eat your food, when really you knew you weren’t. Dinner was filled with small talk here and there. It was mostly your aunt and uncle talking and you just nodding your head and giving simple ‘yes’ and ‘no’ answers.

“Well, we already registered you for school, you start on Monday. I hope that’s okay,” your uncle said in between bites of food.

“I think it’s good you are getting a fresh start, you really do need this.” Your aunt leaned across the table and put her hand on top of yours.

“You know we love you very much and we will help you through everything, you know that right?”

          You looked at both your aunt and uncle and thought about how much you loved them, but they weren’t your parents. You then thought that both your mom and dad would want you to be happy that they took you in. You squeezed your aunt’s hand.

“Of course I do, and thank you so much for taking me in. I would probably be homeless if it weren’t for you two,” you sadly smiled.

 

                                                                                          ******************

                You finished washing all the dishes and helped your aunt and uncle clean the kitchen. You said good night and went back upstairs to your room and locked the door. You sat on you bed and looked around until you found the picture of your parents you unpacked earlier before and held it in your hand. You smiled to yourself as you remembered the memory clearly in your mind. It was the last time you spent with your parents before the car crash a few months ago. It was a picture of you, your mom and dad at the kite festival and you were smiling widely as you finally got the kite to stay in the air. Your parents were laughing with you as you flew the kite high into the air. You felt a tear drop onto your lap. You sniffled and quickly wiped it away. You hugged the photo to your chest and closed your eyes.

  “I miss you guys so much,” you whispered as you placed the photo back on your desk.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

i know the first chapter is kinda boring so you dont have to say anything lmao! but this is my first fanfic/ full length story so it might be a little bad at first i will get the hang of this haaaa. i have a slight story line i dont really know all the details so lets see how this goes. i was going to just post this on wattpad but i was like what the hell ill do both i guess lol. comment/ subscribe idk how this works lol but just hope you enjoy this! it gets better i promise!!! XD