Musical Help

Just a Bodyguard

Month 1, Week 2

It had been two weeks since the café. Two weeks of awkward conversations. Myungsoo kept all conversations going as long as necessary before closing himself off.

She sighs from the back of the car. He glances at her.

“Something wrong?” He asks.

“I need your help with something.” She keeps her eyes on the rear-view mirror.

“What is it?” He looks back at the road.

“I need your opinion on a song for my next album.”

“I'm not the kind of person for that, I could call someone from your agency who can.”

“But you’re quite musical, aren’t you? You went to a university of music and you play the guitar well. Please, Myungsoo, you’re one of the few people I trust to keep the song a secret and to give an honest opinion.” She leans forward slightly.

They stop in the front of the building and he closes his eyes.

“Just to give my critique on the song.”

“Yes.” He slowly nods, “Thank you.” He opens his eyes to see that bright smile of hers. They get out of the van and into the elevator again. This time both avoid looking at each other despite the growing temptation.

The doors open and she leads him to the area where she dances and sings. They sit down and she starts singing the song. She can barely focus with that intense gaze of his. It sends her heart into overdrives and she feels so much confusion yet again but she can't look away.

“What do you think?” She asks when she finishes, “Honest opinion and don’t hold back.” She looks down at her feet.

“It’s great, beautiful, really.” She blushes and jumps up, can't let him see that.

“I'm glad you think so, very glad, actually!” She hops out of the room. Then her foot catches on the corner of a carpet and she falls back landing with an ‘oof!’

“Su-Ji?” She hears his voice filled with concern. He comes into view, his eyes matching the concern in his voice, “Are you all right?” He kneels down beside her and she sits up slightly winded.

“Yeah, fine.” She groans putting a hand to her head.

“You hit it?” He takes her hand away looking. His hand is loosely holding hers but it’s already too much. She bites her lip and squeezes her eyes shut, calm down, she thinks. “Does it hurt a lot?” She opens her eyes to see his looking straight into hers and shakes her head.

When she opens her eyes he realizes it was a mistake to kneel down next to her, a mistake to move in front of her, hell it was a mistake to come up in the first place.

Her long lashes frame those beautiful brown eyes that annoyingly, appear frequently in his dreams.

She can't stop her eyes from trailing down his face to those full lips that can form such a beautiful smile. She looks back up to his almost chocolate brown eyes.

No, no, no, you idiot! He thinks after looking at her lips.
This cannot be happening. Even with that thought, neither can look away. Both their hands are on the floor, the right ones centimetres away from touching.

She wants the feel of his hand around hers again; it had felt so comforting. 

He wants to hold her hand again like that, wants to run a hand through her long brown hair, wants to stare into her eyes for the entire day.

She wants to have her hands in his fluffy almost black hair, she wants to study those brown eyes that hold so much emotion and care, wants to have those lips on hers. 

He sees her her lips as if they're dry and his eyes go to them again. 

She sees him move his head forward and feels her own do the same. The need to get closer to him is unbearable now. She closes her eyes.

Everything in him is screaming for him not to lean forward, but he ignores it. His eyes slowly close.

Their lips barely touch when Damon’s bark has them both jump back as if electrocuted. 

They stare at each other with wide eyes. Her lips are still tingling as she remembers how it felt the moment they started to touch his. 

His heart is still pounding and his head is spinning as if he's just drunk a little too much champagne. 

They get up quickly. The dog had probably saved them from the biggest mistake in their lives. Myungsoo clears his throat.

"Was there anything else?" He asks. 

"No, I'll walk you out." She says, her face is on fire. He opens his mouth but then closes it again and they go to the elevator. He presses the button and almost jumps into the elevator. 

"I'll uh, see you when I'm assigned to you again." He bows and the doors start to close. He looks at her and for one fleeting moment she sees the guard go down.