Café

Just a Bodyguard

Week 4

Suzy walks down the street with another one of her bodyguards. He’s just there for protection and he’s walking a few metres away from her. A few fans have approached her but it’s otherwise a quiet outing.

She goes into her favourite café for a quick coffee. She looks to her right and to her surprise Myungsoo is sitting at a table reading a book.

She looks up at the ceiling with a sigh, you are Bae Suzy, you can go on stage in front of countless people, film dramas with very famous actors, but this one guy has you acting like a little girl?

A guy who is your bodyguard as well and nothing is allowed to happen, she adds. Even with that thought she sits down at the table next to him not saying anything. She takes out her phone.
Myungsoo hears someone sit at the table next to him but he’s too immersed in his book to care. Then he gets a whiff of an all to familiar perfume, her perfume. He almost curses due to both the excitement that she's there, and the dread that her reputation might be damaged if people recognized him.

He looks at her as she scrolls through her phone.

“What are you doing here, you never sit down here.” He sounds more confused than anything. She looks up.

“I thought I’d give it a try, why are you here?”

“I wanted to try the food for myself.” He admits looking away again.

“And, what do you think?”

“Su-Ji, what are you doing? Just because I'm not working today does not allow any room for casual conversation.” He stands and his eyes soften, “I may be the one to help keep your spirits up but I'm only your bodyguard and that’s all I'm allowed to do. Have a nice day, Su-Ji.” He bows before hurrying out. He had said it all in a very low voice so luckily no one turned to look at them.
She drinks her coffee. Her rational thinking had completely shut down, you’re such an idiot, she closes her eyes with a sigh, what is wrong with me?

 

Short chapter, I know but it's important because we are all once again reminded of the boundaries.

What do you think will happen next?