Meeting the Friends

Just a Bodyguard

“So you are going to where with Ms Jung and Ms Choi?” Myungsoo asks. It’s the second week and he still calls her Ms Bae despite her asking yesterday if he could call her Suzy or Soo-Ji.

“They’re waiting at f(x)'s dorm. From there we'll go to Bistro Miru, do you know it?” He nods and they start driving, “They want to meet you as well if you’re okay with that.” He nods again.

“Just as long as it stays according to protocol.” She smiles slightly. Very often he joked about it, then she would as well. He’s easy to talk to and certainly doing his job of keeping her happy but she’s so conflicted. The conversations they have are so casual and he even makes her laugh but she always has to keep in mind that he’s just a bodyguard.

He watches Suzy smile, hating the way his heart flutters, hating how he wants to watch it all day, hating how he has to remind himself daily that he’s just a bodyguard. But he’s her bodyguard. A girl with an amazing sense of humour, such kindness, and that laugh—he tears his mind away from her and focuses on the driving.

He opens the door for her and she’s put on a hat to hide somewhat. He too has a hat and is wearing a black t-shirt over jeans and a black jacket.

The door buzzes and they go in. Myungsoo has his body in a professional stance as he walks with her. They go into the lift after he asks if she’s okay with that.

“Why wouldn’t it be?” She asks when the doors close behind them.

“Celebrities aren’t always open to being in such close proximity alone with their bodyguards.” He avoids her eyes and looks in the mirror. He’s quite uncomfortable himself. Even when they first met or was driving her around, he’d never been so close to her and that’s really unnerving.

Suzy watches how he doesn’t look at her and looks into the mirror as well. Then their eyes make contact and she can't look away. She feels her stomach lurch, her heart rate quickens, and her knees tremble. How can he have this effect on her just by looking at her?

Myungsoo is freaking out inwardly, you idiot, look away right now, right now. He orders but he can't. Her eyes are curious and gentle and his heart is going crazy. Then he sees her gaze change into something softer. The doors open and he regretfully drops his gaze.

She feels disappointed when he looks away but makes herself get out of the elevator. Sulli opens the door and smiles.

“Hey, it’s good to see you.” They hug. Then she hugs Krystal, “This is your bodyguard?” Sulli looks at him critically.

“Yes, this is Kim Myungsoo.” Suzy nods.

“Ms Choi, Ms Jung.” He bows respectively and they do the same giving Suzy a look of approval.

Myungsoo goes into the restaurant and sits down a few tables away from the girls. He’s out of earshot but can still see them and the entrance. He looks at the menu while frequently looking up. Suzy had said he could order something while waiting and she’d pay for it but he declined her offer. As her bodyguard he has quite a handsome pay and can afford this, plus he wouldn’t want to use her hard earned money like that.

“Okay he is way too attractive to be a bodyguard.” Krystal says, “How long have you had him?”

“Two weeks now, next week we’re going to a signing event in China in the jet. It’s a smaller one so I only need one guard.”

“And he’s the one who was assigned to you.” Sulli finishes and she nods, “But he looks quite young for a bodyguard and have you seen social media?”

“I tend to avoid that nowadays.”

“But look at this.” Suzy takes the girl’s phone. It’s a picture of him with her.

—Omo, her new bodyguard. I'm surprised there are no scandals yet!

—He touched me on his first day, I just wish he could take those sunglasses off.

She scrolls down and all the comments either talk about his looks or that they think they’re dating. For some reason she feels irritated at the first part of comments and almost longing for the second to be trye.

She sighs and gives Sulli back her phone.

“He’s really blown up but I can see why.” She looks back and at that moment he looks up. They’re all looking at him so he lifts up a piece of paper. On it are the words ‘Need anything?’ Suzy has to smile at that and shakes her head. He nods and goes back to looking at the menu.

“Those eyes.” Krystal sighs.

“Well, let’s not talk about that. He’s my bodyguard.” The other two pause before nodding. She glances at Myungsoo and finds herself wishing he would look up again. To have those soft brown eyes on hers again, stop it. Bodyguard, he’s just a bodyguard, she thinks while ordering her food, just a bodyguard.

 

I hope you liked this first chapter! Please tell me what you thought in the comments! :D