Chapter 2

Kim's Family

Next morning Chaerin woke up earlier than usual so she could prepared breakfast for Sunggyu and Ye Rin. After took a shower and got dressed,  she double checked her bag made sure nothing left. She then went to Ye Rin's room and checked if anything that her baby might needs was put in the right place so Sunggyu would be able to find it fastly whenever she needs it. After double-checked on everything, she went to the bedroom and found Sunggyu still in his deep sleep, cuddling the pillow and making a soft snore.

It was already 6.30 in the morning and there was no sign he would wake himself up in a minute. Chaerin pull up the curtain and let the sunshine came in. She then sit at the edge of the bed and shook Sunggyu's shoulder slowly. "Oppa, wake up. It's already morning."

"Hmmmmmm.." sunggyu's body wasnt even moving an inch. She thought he even answered her in his dream. 
 

Sunggyu's white and black stripped long sleeve shirt made him look like a little baby. He still curled in bed with his pillow in his arms. "Aigoo.. this big baby.. Wake up.. hurry.. i have to go now." Chaerin pulled out the pillow he was hugging making him turn his body around and finally opened his eyes. He rub both his eyes and saw her wife sat at the edge of the bed, chuckled at him. "You already have to go?" Sunggyu made himself sat at the center of the bed with his one eye closed.

"Yeah.. or else i'm gonna be late. Hurry wake up oppa. You have to feed Ye Rin." Chaerin answered while folding the blanket.

"What time is your flight?"

Chaerin look at her wrist watch. "Mmmmm.. 9.30.."

Sunggyu then moved his body to the edge of the bed and gave her wife a sudden backhug. He placed his chin at her shoulder while resting both his hands at her waist. "Don't go..ye rin's mommyyy"

She startled by his voice that came really close to her ear. She turn her head and saw sunggyu's deer eyes begging her to stay for a while. "Oppaaa..what's wrong with you? Are you a baby? Hurry wake up you got some errands to do."

"No, i dont want to." Sunggyu pouted his lips and circled his hand around Chaerin's neck.

"Hurryyyy!!"

Instead of getting out of bed, he pull chaerin against his body and he lay his body on the bed again. He circled his legs around chaerin hips making her unable to move. Chaerin struggled to release herself but with no luck she just wasted her energy.

"Oppaaaa.. what are you doing? You ruin my haiiiiir. Yaaaah oppaaaa!!" Her blonde hair became a mess in just a second. Thanks to her husband who ruined it. Such a waste of time to wake up earlier and straightened her hair if she had such a kiddos husband like him.

"It feels strange knowing you will leave." 

"Dont be too much, oppa, i only go for three days and you act like i'll go for 3 years."

"But i feel nervous"

"Shouldn't i be the one to feel nervous leaving ye rin with you?"

"Yah! I will win her heart while you're gone."

"Tsk..last time i checked you let mosquitos bit all over her body."

"Yah!" Sunggyu tighten his legs and his arms around her and turn her body to the right and hug her tightly. Chaerin laugh at his ridiculous behaviour and let him cuddle her for a moment while thinking how on earth he could be such a baby in front of her despite his strong and bossy-like appereance in public. She's going to miss him a lot no matter how annoying and stubborn he could be sometimes.

"Oppa..i really gotta go." Chaerin broke the five minutes silence they spent cuddling in bed and reminded him about what to do once again "Oppa you have to feed ye rin before i go, okay?" Which Sunggyu replied simply with a single nod. She got up from bed and went to ye rin's room to wake her up and carried her in her arms while waiting for her manager to pick her up.

Sunggyu who finally woke up, went to the kitchen and cooked his so called healthy baby food for ye rin. He insisted that kids should live a healhty lifestyle since early age and so does his kids. After finished cooking, he joined Chaerin in living room who sat in the couch watching tv while holding Ye Rin in her arms. He feed Ye Rin while discussing some governement and political issue that appeared on TV with chaerin.

"Ye rin-ah.. this is the last bite.. say aaaaah.." ye rin took a spoon full of fish poridge and tried to munching it that made her cheeks became puffy. Sunggyu laughed at her daughter cuteness. "Good job ye rin-ah"

"Woooow, our ye rin is so smart. She ate the whole food today. Was the food taste that good?" chaerin looked at ye rin with a suprise face and wiped the leftover food in her lips. "Uwaaa.. oppa she likes your cooks. Good job oppa."

Sunggyu pushed his face towards ye rin's puffy cheeks and tickle her cheeks with his nose. "Of course.. daddy is the best chef in the world." Ye rin laughed cutely in chaerin's arms as sunggyu tickled her. He then went to the kitchen to wash some dishes when suddenly the doorbell buzzed loudly. "Omo..i think it's hyun woo oppa." Chaerin walked towards the door and saw her manager waited for her. She opened the door and greeted her manager. "Oppa, wait a moment. I'll have sunggyu oppa take ye rin first."

"It's ok. Oh, where's your bag? Let me help you bring that." 

"It's in the living room. Thanks oppa." Chaerin led the way to the living room and let her manager took her lugagge. She took her clutch which she just thrown at earlier above the couch and picked a white heels in the shoe rack. Ye Rin was still clinging in her arms with her pacifier on not giving a sign to release herself from her mother's arms.

"Oppaaa.. i gotta go now." Chaerin stood in the hallway waiting for sunggyu to take ye rin from her.

"Oh.. you really have to go now?" Sunggyu came along from kitchen to the hallway. "Don't wear something provoking for the stage Chaerin-ah.. i'm watching you.." sunggyu said in a serious tone and gave a deep eye gaze which means he just gave an order that had to be obeyed. "I get it, oppa." Chaerin answered shortly while crossing her finger. She honestly had no idea what kind of costume she would wear for the red carpet and stage since she hasnt met her stylist coordinator yet. But remembering her former fashion before she had a child, it wasnt impossible if she was given a swimsuit like costume. But knowing her husband traits, she didnt have choice instead of saying yes right away whenever he was in a serious mode like that.

"Ye rin-ah.. mommy's gotta go. Be nice while you're with daddy, okay?" Chaerin hug her tightly before giving her to Sunggyu, but as if understanding the situation, ye rin started to be cranky out of the blue. She tighten her arms and her legs around chaerin's neck and waist, didnt want to let her mother's go. Looking at her sudden reaction, chaerin couldnt help but laughed "omo..omo..look at her oppa, she act just like you whenever you dont want me go."

"Omo! That's exactly the same" sunggyu chuckled at her cute reaction. "Ye rin-ah, come here, mommy has to go now."

Instead of going to her father's embrace, ye rin started crying her lungs out. "Ye rin-ah, why are you being like this? Dont make this too hard for mommy." Chaerin pat her back trying to calm her down.

"Ye rin-ah come here, mommy's gonna be late." Sunggyu reached his hand to take her but she kept crying even louder than earlier. "Oppa, let me take her with me to the car, maybe she'll get tired and sleep eventually then you can take her with you." Ye RIn's loud cry made her more pamic and confused.

Sunggyu who looked slightly annoyed with his daughter action trying his best to keep calm in the middle of that chaotic morning. "No, give her to me chaerin-ah."

"But, she could go with me until i get inside the car. I cant stand see her crying like this oppa."

"No. Give her to me. Don't show her that you are panic, kids could sense it and it'll just make them more cranky."

"But.." chaerin still felt hesitant to let ye rin go.

Sunggyu reached his hands and took ye rin forcefully make her crying louder and moving her body refusing to be taken by her father. It was kind of difficult for him to hold ye rin properly in his arms since she kept strugling not wanting to be hold by him and crying so loud making his ears hurt. Chaerin looked concernly to her daughter. Ye rin had never been like this before even when Sunggyu had to leave her for some days to do the album promotions. Maybe Sunggyu right, she always spoiled ye rin and being too protective that she became so dependent to her. This morning chaos just made her heart hurted even more to leave ye rin.

Sunggyu saw the concern look in chaerin's face and quickly asked her to go affraid that she might missed her flight. He gave her a lovely hug and quick peck on her lips and sent her off with some warm-hearted words. "Bye mommy.. byeee good luck for your stage! Ye rin-ah say bye to mommy." Sunggyu took ye rin's small hand and made her wave to Chaerin which she responds with a loud scream at his ears.

"Aigoo..this kid."

Chaerin waved her hand saying goodbye to her little one.

"Bye ye rin-ah.. be good. Take a good care of her oppa." 

"Call me when you arrive there." Sunggyu screamed as she step outside their apartment and closed the door leaving sunggyu and ye rin alone. The apartment sounds bit more quiet than before. Ye rin was still sobbing softly in his shoulder. She seemed tired after throwing a tantrum because of being left by her mother. Sunggyu her back and brought her to the living room. "Aigoo.. ye rin-ah why didnt you cry when i leave you for work?didnt you miss daddy? I always missed you when i'm on tour ye rin-ah." He sat at the couch while holding ye rin nad stared blankly to the TV in front of him. He let out a sigh thinking how he will survive taking care of her daughter without her wife beside him."aaah..what to do?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in her black van, chaerin couldn't stop thinking about ye rin. Her heart felt really hurt and sad leaving ye rin for the first time. She stared blankly outside window. Her manager broke the silence by informing her about her appereance in MAMA tomorrow night. "You will be presenting the awards for Best Male Group and Best Female Group."

"so, will i be paired with someone or will i presenting it alone?"

"no, you'll be paired with someone."

"aaah..i see, i hope it's someone i know so we wont be too awkward on stage."

Her manager stayed silence for a while before answering her "you knew him well chaerin-ah"

Chaerin turn her head to her manager "oh, who is it then?"

"It's Yongguk"

His name was really familiar to her ear and her mind since they had had something personal back in the day when she hasn't married. 

"and you'll do a duet stage too with him." 

"what? what if i say no?" Chaerin still couldn't accept shocking news. She fully realized that she had to be professional, but imagining angry Sunggyu when he watches the broadcast is not a good idea too.

"no, you can't. the event organizer suggested that this will be a special stage to recall the time when idol group was starting to hit big in music industry and they chose you and yongguk as the representative for idol group at that time. CEO yang hyun suk already approved it though."

Chaerin felt her head would explode in a minute. She then asked her stylist coordi about the dress she would wear for the stage. The stylist coordi showed her some polaroid picture from Versus Versace SS15 collection. The stylist coordi suggested her to wear the long black dress with low cut cleavage and double high cut at the legs part for the red carpet. Chaerin quickly rejected the suggestion. "The dress is really good unnie, but Sunggyu oppa will kill me if i wear it. He already told me not to wear something provoking. He didn't even know i'll have a duet stage with Yongguk." No matter how much she loves the dress but she isn't on her own now. She must respect her husband and act more considerate knowing that she represent her husband too in public and she just doesnt want to destroy Sunggyu's image. After a whille, she kept swiping the polaroid picture and finally chose tubeless jumpsuit for the red carpet and one tube mini dress paired with oversized blazer to cover the shoulder thinking that suits her the most and the safest one that won't make Sunggyu upset. 

She gave those polaroid back to her stylist coordi and closed her eyes trying to gather her mind together after hearing about about her duet partner while thinking about her daughter and her first public appereance after a year and half hiatus. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note : I just watched fancam of SBS Gayo Daejun 2013 when CL sang the baddest female with Lee Hyori and saw Bang Yongguk' fanboying over her stage. His reaction was just so epic ^^ i couldn't help not to include him in Chaerin and Sunggyu life here. 

Thank you for all who read this and for subscriber :) really really hope the story will be worth to be read :)