Chapter 1

Kim's Family

"Is that so? Aaah.. it's too bad harin-ah, sunggyu's mom is going abroad too so she cant babysit ye rin tommorow.. no, it's okay, sunggyu oppa will babysit her while i'm gone. Good luck for your exam, harin-ah.. do well.."

Chaerin let out a heavy sigh after hung up her sister's call. Her phone was thrown carelessly on her side. She then covered her face with her palm confused about what she should do about her baby.

"Aaaaah.. what to do?"

after gave birth to her daughter, Chaerin decided to go on hiatus from the entertainment industry so she can focus on taking care of her baby, kim ye rin. She doesnt want anyone else beside her husband, family or close friends to babysit ye rin. She will make sure her baby is in the right hand. Whenever she had to go outside the house, she would bring ye rin with her. It wasn't only once that her husband complained her for being too protective over their daughter. But despite of her nickname as korean baddest female, she basically still a woman and a new mom who really loves and being all protective for her little family.

And after eight months not showing up in every media or any public events, chaerin finally accepted an offer to be one of the host and performer at yearly event MAMA Award which will be held two days later at Hongkong. Her husband was being all supportive about her first public appereance after her eight months hiatus. She also got super excited but also anxious whenever the thought of her leaves ye rin for three days comes to her mind.

Chaerin kept holding her phone and stared at it blankly until she heard the bedroom door opened.

"Oppa..what should i do?" Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrow as soon as he saw his wife sit helplessly at the edge of the bed and look at him with deer eyes.

"What's wrong?" He then sat beside her. His face told that he had a little bit of worriness hearing her wife's sad tone.

"Harin just called me and she said she couldnt sleep over here tomorrow because she has exam coming for this whole week."

"So..?"

Chaerin felt so frustrated seeing Sunggyu being so clueless about the situation "So? Of course she cant babysit ye rin while i'm gone"

"Well actually i'm okay babysitting her for the whole three days. I dont have any schedule anyway"

"But oppa..you dont even know how to change her diaper properly."

"Yah, dont you know that your husband was the smartes kids in high school? How could i not know how to change diaper?beside, you already told me everything since three days ago i could have a headache trying to memorize those things you always do."

Chaerin let out a little laugh remembering how she trained sunggyu to feed her, change her diaper, cook for her and kept telling him about what to do and what to not do for their baby. Not only that, she also wrote down every single stuff ye rin might needs and also her daily menu and stick those list on fridge's door so might as well, he wont forget single thing.

"Okay, but promise me you wont let a sight off of her. And you gotta do a video call of her for me every night. She might miss her mom"

"What for?he got her father with her"

"But still she might miss me! Aaaah this is really frustating .."

Chaerin felt so hopeless about her baby. That doesnt mean she doesnt want sunggyu taking care of ye rin, he's her father after all. Ye rin definitely in the right person. But knowing sunggyu for almost 5 years, she just couldn't help but feel worry about him. Sunggyu could be pretty careless about things.

Seeing chaerin all confused and lost, sunggyu hug her and pat her head. "It's okay chaerin-ah.. dont overthink about it. She's gonna be fine. I memorized all the things you taught me."

Chaerin lifted her head up and stared at her husband amusedly "really?" A sight of relief could be seen through her face.

Sunggyu smiled then cupped her face, tried to convince her wife. "Of course." 

He pulled her closer to him and hug her tightly. "I know that family has always been your number one, but it's been a quite long time for you to not be on stage. Ye rin is your world but the stage is your playground too. You grew up in music and public. And it's ok to go back to where you were. Plus there'll always be me. You can count on me. Ye rin is our responsibility and it is my responsibility to keep my wife and my kids happy and safe." Sunggyu ended his long speech of life advice with a soft pat at chaerin's back.

"Thanks, oppa. I know i can always count on you."

Sunggyu grinned widely "Dont miss me much okay?"

"How can i not? Can you both just go with me?"

"No i can't. Gotta go earn money."

Chaerin pouted her lips hearing his answer until Ye Rin's crying voice heard to their bedroom and caught their attention. "Omo..ye rin-ah" she turned her head, pulled herself from sunggyu's arms and rushly ran towards her crying baby.

She then found ye rin in her room crying loudly inside her babybox. As soon as she took ye rin to her arms, she realized that the babybox wasnt covered with the mosquito nett. No wonder ye rin got bitten by some mosquitos that made her crying and left some red marks at her skin.

"Aigooo.. ye rin-ah stop crying. Your father must be forgotten to put the mosquito nett." She pat ye rin's back hoping she would stop crying and go back to sleep.

Just then, sunggyu came to ye rin's room to see what made his kid cried. "What's wrong? Is she ok?" He asked innocently.

"Oppa, you didnt put the mosquito nett above her babybox, did you?"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes trying to recall what he did after take his baby to sleep. "Mmmmmmm.. i .. think i did"

"No, you didnt. Look, she was bitten by mosquitos. Aigoo, my sweet baby, please stop crying. Mommy has to pack for tomorrow." Chaerin kept patting ye rin's back while carrying her on her arms.

"Aaaah.. yeah you're right i dont think i did. I was looking for my cellphone after taking her to sleep."

"Yaaaah.. oppa.. dont you remember what i said?"

Sunggyu pout his lips "but i did sing her lullaby though."

Chaerin just look at him with a suspicious eyes, not believing on what he said and walked to kitchen to give ye rin a bottle of milk.

"But, chaerin-ah do you happen to see my cellphone? I just remember i need to call woohyun now." Sunggyu's voice was heard until the kitchen. He was busy looking for his cellphone through any room.

"Oppa, why dont you call your own cellphone and hear where the sound from." Chaerin needs to scream back at him since ye rin kept crying out loud.

"Aaa.. you're right."

A deep sigh was heard at kitchen. Ye rin finally stop crying as soon as she was given a bottle of warm milk. Chaerin look at her baby's skin that full with red marks because of mosquitos and thinking about her careless husband. She really felt hesitate to leave her husband and her baby for three days straight. "Aaah..what is this? I feel like having two babies at once."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Notes : this is supposed to be a one-shot story but i had no idea that this would be a long story. kekekekekeke. i was desperate to find SunggyuxChaerin pairing and find none. So, i decided to make one just to at least make me happpy. Hope you all who read this like this story too. any comments and critics are welcomed ^^