last dance

last dance

Yonghwa is not sure what song is playing, but it is certainly a good choice. Jungshin has his arms around her waist, her arms around his neck, they exchange glances every now and then, softly laughing at an inside joke. Yonghwa feels the warmth of happiness in his own chest, bubbling with excitement.

The music stops, and Jungshin spins her around, urging Yonghwa to substitute him. “Come over here before I run away with your bride.” Joohyun laughs behind her hand, hitting him slightly as Yonghwa swoops in, taking Joohyun’s hand in his.

Joohyun arms closed around Yonghwa’s shoulders, pulling him into a hug. They stay there for a little while, feeling the melody echoing and reverbing through their pressed bodies. When they start moving, Yonghwa whispers something inaudible, but he knows Joohyun listens, she always does.

I will take a bullet for you.

They stay silent until the last melody, when Joohyun pulls away, she whispers, “I would too.”

 

Jungshin high fives Yoona, urging the others to leave the newlyweds alone. “Won’t the boss get mad?” Yoona whispers, poking Sooyoung when they sit at the back of the van.

Sooyoung passes her the revolver. “We have two hours.”

“No, we’re not going to do what I’m thinking of, right?”

Jungshin pokes his head in the passenger’s seat window, carrying his rifle.

“Love does not exist in our world.”

 

Bang. Bang.