Part 1

Crush

The peach-colored face powder spread around Sunny’s face as the sound of the hairdryer buzzed around her ears. Her eyelids were half-closed already; she felt sleepy just by the warm sensation around her head and by the noisy-yet-quiet room where she was doing her make-up. The other members had finished their preparation already, with Taeyeon finishing the first as usual, and she was left with the stylist unnies inside.

“Sunny-ssi, should I get your hair curled a little bit?” The woman in her 30 something asked from behind Sunny.

“Umm” The sitting girl was trying to come up with an answer when she heard the sound of the door squeaking.

“Anyonghaseyo, Sunny sunbaenim. I –“ A fresh, youthful figure popped out from behind the door. It was no other than the leader from Apink. “Oh, I am sorry, sunbaenim! I didn’t know you still have not finished with your make-up”

Feeling joyful and awkward at the same time, Sunny got up from her seat as the stylist stepped away to take some more hair-styling tools. She had a quick check on the girl in front of her from head to toe; she felt even more nervous seeing Chorong was cutely wrapped in all-white outfit – ready for Remember promotion.

“Ah, it’s fine. It’s fine. I am almost finished anyway. Nice to see you today, Chorong-ssi” She scratched her head. “Err… Uhm, what brings you here then?”

“Oh, that- I want to give our CD for you, sunbaenim”

“Right, yeah. I remember” Sunny smiled, recalling the embarrassing phone call the FM Date staffs had set up for her and the member from her hoobae group.

The younger girl then moved a step back, taking something from someone behind her – who apparently did not seem totally unfamiliar for Sunny.

“Oh, is it Bomi-ssi?”

The girl behind Apink’s leader looked up once her name was mentioned. Her eyes met Sunny’s and there was a brief silence filling in before Bomi spoke up.

“Y- Yes, sunbaenim. Nice to meet you” She bowed her head slightly as her hands were busy handing over the CD to Chorong’s hand.

“Sunbaenim, this is our CD. Thank you very much for your time and sorry for interrupting your preparation” Once again Rong leader bowed her head.

“Ah, never mind. It’s not a big deal. Please don’t feel too burdened to come and see me anytime” The older girl gave her best smile. “Also, you can just call me unnie. There’s no need to be so formal with me”

“Ne, Sunny sunbaenim. I mean, Sunny unnie” Chorong let out a shy laugh.

“Then… Then I will see you on the stage later, during the encore” Sunny continued, noticing that her stylist had returned and been ready to beautify her.

“Yes, I’ll be looking forward to it. Once again, thank you very much” The hoobae once again leaned her body forward, which was followed by her younger member.

“Chorong hwaitiiing. I like Chorong” Sunny showed her eye-smile before glancing at the other girl standing still next to Chorong. “Apink hwaiting!”

“So Nyeo Shi Dae sunbaenims hwaiting!” The oldest from Apink replied a second before the door was closed.

Going back to Apink’s dressing room, Bomi could only step in silence as she followed Chorong’s steps from behind.

“You could at least be more polite” Chorong suddenly spoke up.

“Huh?” Bomi stopped her legs for a split second, before realizing that Chorong did not halt her steps.

“You could have at least greeted her properly before she called you first. It’s a member from So Nyeo Shi Dae sunbaenim, Bomi-yah – it’s So Nyeo Shi Dae sunbaenim!”

“I’m sorry, I’m just –“

 Not knowing exactly what to say as an excuse, Bomi cut off her sentence. What her leader said was true after all; as a junior she should have known better how to act in front of her sunbaes. Nevertheless, she could not ignore the other fact that she was too stunned to even say anything when the second oldest from the older girl group stood before her.

She recalled Sunny’s gorgeousness – her y red hair, her luscious lips, her female marks, her cute voice, and even her body golden ratio. When she witnessed all those, it was like she finally understood why Chorong respected Lee Soonkyu from Girls Generation so much. She continued walking with her eyes fixed on the floor.

She could not compete with Sunny like, at all, she thought.

* * *

After being announced as the winner for Music Bank with their Party promotion, the Soshi ladies went back to their dressing room with cheerful chatters and joyful squeals. Even though her hands were busy keeping the trophy firm, Taeyeon could still steal a glance at the slightly younger member who was giggling behind her. She had to admit she was happy to see that bright smile again and had to be thankful that they would spend a lot of time together from now on with all the long promotion and their own variety show.

She should be grateful, indeed, but she could not help but to feel unsatisfied with the lack of attention Sunny gave her ever since they started the comeback. She realized that she had had this feeling for Soonkyu for – she was unable to count how long – and she was not sure sometimes of what she actually felt for the girl.

The only thing she knew and noticed these days was that: she got jealous every time Sunny gave her precious affection to someone else. Kim Taeyeon was very aware that this danshin partner of her had a big heart, but more than often she wanted to tell her that some people did not deserve her; they did not deserve the attention Sunny kept showing them.

Lee Sunny was not an ordinary girl – she knew that. The fact that Sunny was loved by a lot of people outside the Girls Generation members itself made her feel small in front of Sunny. And then there was this particular person who caught her crush’ attention these days. Her name was…

“Taeyeon-ah!”

She came back to reality once the girl sitting next to her shouted. She looked and realized that it was no other than Sunny herself.

“What were you thinking? I called you for four times”

“W- Well you called me from the corner, how was I supposed to hear that!?” Somehow panicking, Taeyeon stood up and acted like she was busy erasing her make-up.

“I want to show you this” Sunny came with her to the make-up table before she held up the CD in her hands.

Not actually feeling like looking at it, Taeyeon made a weak effort to peek at the thing. She went back to her own shadow in the mirror once she spotted the big Apink logo on the cover.

“Which of them handed that to you?” She asked, faking her voice to sound lazily even though she was dead-curious inside.

“Of course my favorite girl!” Sunny grinned innocently, without knowing that her answer hurt the other girl’s heart. “Chorong made a time to see me before we performed earlier”

“Ah” The taller girl nodded slowly. “Well glad to hear that”

Hearing a flat reply, Sunny pouted. “You don’t sound glad at all”

“How am I supposed to sound glad?” Taeyeon mentally questioned. Holding her breath, she tried to remain calm despite the uneasy feeling inside.

“I miss you, you know” Sunny blurted out of the blue; it made the girl in front of her literally widen her eyes.

“Uh– Yeah I know that. Misteoh-Misteoh promotion was like more than a year ago already”

“Not that” The shorter interrupted. “I miss you, not promoting with you. I miss telling you my stories. I miss pouring out my feelings to you. But I know since I was busy with all the solo activities I –“

“Sunny-yah” The sudden appearance of Tiffany’s head from behind the door got Sunny’s speech delayed. “There’s someone who wants to meet you outside”

Instead of replying, Sunny tilted her head.

“It’s the one who catches your attention these days” The American girl continued.

Despite not having any clue about who Tiffany meant, Sunny still walked to the door.

“Chorong-ssi?” Surprised at the sudden appearance of her favorite Apink girl, Sunny walked to approach her right away.

Even though it was already outside the room, Taeyeon could still hear it clearly. She sighed and sat lazily on the couch near the wall, and then sighed again.

“When will you notice me?” Again, she asked in her heart. 

 


 

I was inspired to write this after listening to Sunny's phone call with Chorong. This multi-shots will mostly be Dandyu but I'll put in ChoMi as well. I'll try to post the second part as soon as I can. I hope you like it. :)