Beach misadventures

Beach misadventures

Do Kyungsoo was a good kid. He did his school work on time and he got high grades, but even he was happy when school finished for the year. He was currently at the beach, swimming underwater with his eyes shut to keep the salt out, when suddenly his face was in someone’s crotch. He quickly emerged from the water.

“I am so sorry! I swear I didn’t mean to! I’m not a ert! I’m so sorry! Sorry!” Kyungsoo profusely apologized.

The other guy laughed. “It’s ok, really. We’ve all done it before. What’s your name?”

“K-Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo.” He bowed as low as the water would allow.

“Well, Do Kyungsoo. I’m Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai. Would you like to get coffee with me? It’s getting kind of cold.” Kai finished his sentence with a smile that made Kyungsoo’s heart race.

“Uhh.. Sure!” Kyungsoo agreed. He was still very sorry for what he had done, regardless of Kai saying it was okay.

 

The two boys made their way to the beach side cafe, ordered their coffees, and sat down together.

“So. Kai. Um.. What kind of things do you like?” Kyungsoo asked awkwardly.

“Ooh, I love fried chicken. And sleeping. And you. I also like to dance! What about you?” Kai smiled cutely, making Kyungsoo look down and blush.

“I-I like cooking and singing. A-And you.” Kyungsoo stuttered nervously. Kai giggled and grinned. The two talked for several hours, before Kai looked at his phone and frowned.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked, noticing Kai’s frown.

“I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?” Kai replied with a smile.

Kyungsoo snorted and laughed hysterically. Kai just grinned cheekily until Kyungsoo calmed down and gave him his number. Kyungsoo looked outside and noticed it was getting dark.

“I should go. It’s getting late.” He told Kai.

“Oh! So it is. Can I walk you back?” Kai offered.

Kyungsoo smiled at how considerate Kai was, but politely declined. He didn’t want Kai to inconvenience himself for Kyungsoo.

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo woke up to a text from an unknown number.

 

Unknown number: I had a lot of fun last night ^_^ Beach today? :D

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes and mumbled sleepily before replying.

 

Kyungsoo: Kai?

 

Unknown number: Oops! Yes it’s me ;D

 

Kyungsoo smiled and saved Kai’s number.

 

Kyungsoo: I’ll be there in half an hour. I’ll be at the cafe.

 

Kai<3: Yay! :D I can’t wait!

 

Kyungsoo blushed and put down his phone to get ready. He arrived at the beach cafe 20 minutes later to find Kai sitting with his head resting on the table, with two mochas. He looked like he was sleeping.

Kyungsoo smiled and sat down opposite him. “You know, if you were this tired, we could have met up later.”

Kai’s head shot up. “Kyungsoo! I didn’t hear you! Hello! I was just resting. Rough night, my friends were teasing me because I couldn’t stop smiling after meeting you.” He pushed one of the mochas towards Kyungsoo, who took it and thanked him, blushing heavily. At least he hadn’t been the only one who was ecstatic.

 

After finishing their mochas, the two got changed and headed down to the beach. They swam side by side pretty far out, until Kyungsoo mentioned the movie Jaws, which made Kai turn pale and he quickly swim to shallow waters, with Kyungsoo teasing him as he followed. They spent the day together, playing in the sea together. Kyungsoo loved every moment of it.

 

The next day, Kyungsoo got a text.

 

Kai<3: I have to leave in 30 minutes D: Come say goodbye? I’m at **********

 

Kyungsoo’s heart panged in sadness. Kai was leaving. He rushed to get dressed and arrived at the address in 10 minutes.

When he saw Kai, he ran up to him and hugged him, resting his head in the crook of Kai’s neck. “Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving today?”

“I didn’t know myself. My friend just told me a couple of hours earlier that he accidentally booked our vacation home for 3 days less than he had meant.” Kai explained.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes as his heart panged again. “I… I’ll miss you. When will I see you again?”

“I don’t know. I really hope it’s soon.” Kai wrapped his arms more tightly around Kyungsoo. “Text me loads, okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Goodbye, Kai. Be safe.” He pulled away from the hug and kissed Kai on the cheek. Kai grinned dreamily and blushed. “Goodbye, Do Kyungsoo. I swear, I will see you again.”

And with that, Kai got in his car, and left. Kyungsoo watched as his car drove out of sight.

 

One week later~

 

Kyungsoo sat in his class, his head resting on his desk in sadness as he waiting for his new teacher to arrive.

His best friend Chanyeol came up and used Kyungsoo’s head as an armrest. “Aw Kyunggie, you’re not still sad about Kai, are you?”

Kyungsoo pouted and nodded. Yes he was still sad. He hadn’t seen him in a week! He could hear the new teacher arriving, but he just closed his eyes.

“Sorry I’m late everyone- Kyungsoo??”

Kyungsoo’s head shot up at the sound of the familiar voice. “Kai!”