1/1

IDK

     "Hey Hoshi hyung, you feeling better?" 

     Dokyum was worried for his friend. The only replies he had gotten from the other was always "IDK" whether or not it was in person or when texting each other for the past few days (or was it weeks?) and he didn't understand it at all. He just shrugged it off at first thinking that he really didn't know, but the elder had been saying and texting the same abbreviation too much for his liking. 

    "IDK." 

     There that abbreviation was again. Sighing Dokyum just stared at his phone above him, lying on his back. He really needed an answer. 

 

-----

 

     Dokyum started his day nicely, waking up with a smile, ready for the new school day. Of course he didn't like school, but he didn't hate it either. 

     Saying a quick "Bye" to his parents, he closed the door and began walking to school, thinking of Hoshi. Those "IDK's" have been bothering him for a while. Was his hyung alright? And why was he the only one that was replied with only "IDK's" not exactly answering his questions? 

     "Hey, Dokyum!" His thoughts were fading as he returned to the real world as he heard the familliar voices of his angel and gentleman hyungs, who were happy as can be standing next to each other, Jisoo's arm wrapped around the slightly shorter's waist, bright smiles on their faces.

     "Hi hyungs!" He replied with his signature smile before making his way to the couple. "What were you thinking so hard on?" Jeonghan asked him, a worried expression etched on his face. "Nothing, hyung." Again he smiled his signature smile, rubbing his neck. "You sure? I have some medicine in my bag?" When will Jeonghan hyung stop worrying about me? Dokyum thought. Sure, he's thankful, but his own mother doesn't worry about him as much.

     "I'm fine, hyung, really." Dokyum looked toward to the younger hyung, eyes pleading for help from the motherly elder. "Hey Jeonghan ah, he says he's alright. Just leave it be, okay?" Jisoo gave a reasuring smile to Jeonghan. "Okay." Jeonghan said, sighing before.

 

-----

 

     Conversing with his hyungs, they made it to school shortly, making their way to the rest of the crew who were there before them at the entrance. "Hyung, you okay?" Was what Dokyum had immediately said when he made his way to the person who had been on his mind a while. "IDK." Hoshi turned too converse with the chinese line, smiling and giving them real answers. 

     He was taken aback. Sure he was used to that answer after a while, but Hoshi didn't talk to the others right away, just ignored him and minded his own business. This hurt him to be honest. Looking at his surroundings, he noticed the three youngest looking at him, Hansol facepalming not long after, Seungkwan with a disappointed face, and Chan shaking his head. He looked at them with a face clearing meaning what.

 

-----

 

     He was in 1st period with Hoshi, learning about something he didn't need in his future. His thoughts were only on the elder, who was in front of him, looking as bored as half the class. He spaced out the rest of the period.

     "Make sure to not forget to study for the upcoming test on Thursday (It was Monday). You guys are dismissed." Mr Jung dismissed the class at the bell and the students headed out. Dokyum who spaced out just stared at Hoshi as he was packing. Hoshi saw this and wanted to say to him that class was over, but he couldn't. And he didn't, just waved his hand in front of the younger male, not enough to snap him out so he left not wanting to be late. He didn't want to do this, but he had too. 

     The bell had rang for the end of passing time to 2nd period and Dokyum was finally beginning to pack as the students began to fill the room. He didn't know what happened, all he knew was that he was late for class. Rushing, he opened the door to his 2nd period, apologizing before heading over to his seat besides Hoshi at the right hand side, near the windows. 

     "Why didn't you tell me class was over, hyung?" Dokyum pouted, and the other wanted to badly smile and apologize, but he couldn't yet. Replying with a quick monotone "IDK." the bleached blonde haired male looked toward Ms Kim who was teaching English. 

    

-----

 

     Classes ended fast and not long it was lunch. His favorite subject. After getting his tray of food, he made his way over to the rest of the crew who either had a tray of food or didn't, and sat besides Hoshi at the end of the table. Making conversation with the other was hard, but he tried anyways, to be only replied with "IDK's" everytime. 

     "Hoshi, stop it already," Jihoon who was seated front of them, was really annoyed that moment. This has been happening too long and he's grown very, how do you say it, infuriated? "Just tell him already, that clump of cheese doesn't understand!" dispite being younger than Hoshi, Jihoon talked back, and he really didn't care.

     The others at the table looked toward Hoshi and Dokyum. "Tell me what?" Dokyum tilted his head in confusion and looked at Hoshi besides him. What was it that he didn't understand? "He loves you, don't you get that?!" with a doubtful face he had to reply, "What about the "IDK's"?" 

     "IDK is for "I love you Dokyum." he looked at Hoshi again. Hoshi had actually replied to him, with an actual answer. "I love you, Dokyum, can't you see?" The shorter of the two looked down at the table feeling embarassed having to confess infront of their friends. "I love everything about you..." 

     Dokyum didn't know what to think at this confession, and from his own best friend. Sighing relieved, he let out a chuckle and hugged his red faced hyung. "I-I love you too, hyung." Dokyum lifted Hoshi's head and stared into his deep chocolate eyes that shined bright and leaned in, noses touching. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, too much PDA! There are minors here, boys." Seuncheol stood and exclaimed from besides his pink (or is it blonde now?) haired partner. 

     "Awe, come on hyung! You don't know how long we've been waiting for this!" The maknae line exclaimed in unison. "No, you guys are too young." Seungcheol replied sternly. "But we see you and Jihoon hyung kiss all the time." The two mentioned turned red at this. 

     Hoshi turned to look at Dokyum a bright smile on his face, and leaned in, lips meeting. 

 

-----

 

     Hope you guys liked this! I don't really know what I was writing, not really satisfied with this, I'll probably edit this sometime this week or so or maybe not at all lol. Sorry if its short. I'll be writing a sequel chapter so look forward to that! Thank you!!! <3