V's Instagram Account

Case Closed

CASE ONE – V’s Instagram Account

I was in my office (bedroom) looking at the pictures posted on Instagram and liking them with a light smirk pasted at the corner of my lips. As I scroll down, I found a video uploaded by a Bangtan Boys’ fan account. The video consisted of the famous Asian idols from the group, BTS, members V and Jimin wearing a beauty face mask, doing a video where when they opened the face mask, they look stunning as angels. My lips parted and the sounds of laughter came out as I watched always-weird V winked both of his eyes in a sequence compare to Jimin who only winked one of his.

 

V had always been my favorite idol and I had his details in one file including the pictures I had got from talented photographers (on google). My inspiration is my father who works as police officer at West Kanye. He collects details of specific criminals and has their files messing up his study room which I find quite amazing ever since I was only a 6-year old. When I was in that age, I dreamt to become a detective when I grow up but now that I am mature enough to think about it, I am not sure whether becoming a detective is good for me. Reminding about the file, I began reaching at the corner below my study desk, searching for V’s file. When I found it, I laid the file onto the table, opening it to re-read V’s profile. I realized there was something missing – it was his instagram account.

 

No, I figured. How could I like someone without knowing his IG account?!

 

I looked back onto the screen of my phone – the video kept repeating annoyingly by itself on its own that I had to stop it by clicking the searching button on the application. Feeling quite frustrated for my still uncompleted detail of my number one idol, V, I decided to start looking for his IG account by typing his name on search, ‘Kim Taehyung’. A whole bunch of accounts came out and most of their account names can trick a fan to follow them. But I say, ‘Not me.’ Their display pictures would be the hardest for me, to be honest, so most of the suspected accounts I chose would be those with V’s picture that is with no grids. I find it rare to see an account using grid pictures as their display picture.

First, I pick up 5 of the most real-like accounts that may be of V’s. I checked those I chose, one-by-one, and the first thing I look up to would be the description. If the description says something like ‘Official Fanpage’ or ‘TaeTae’s Wifu’ or anything that looks like of those sorts, then move along to the next account suspect. The second thing I’ll be looking at is the caption the user wrote on every picture that he/she posted. If there are hashtags, then move along. Korean captions are a ‘yes’ but most idols wouldn’t usually write captions but for V, it is an exception. I know V’s high-spirited attitude will have him write at least a kaomoji in the caption and I am right.

I found V’s instagram within 5-7 minutes. There weren’t a lot of followers, 3000 plus, and he followed kindly to every followers who asked him to follow back. He hadn’t post much but recently he had posted the same video I watched earlier before putting up with this case. But I told myself to not yet officially decide that it was really him. I must wait and observe his updates, then I can really decide who the user really is – either he/she is just a fan or it is really V.

 

Knowing all what I am left to do, I decided to take a break and have my chocolate shake at the kitchen.

 

I went to school the next day and hid the fact what I had been doing the day before from my friends. I don’t want to confirm it all in just one chat. I have this habit on suddenly deciding about something when I started to talk with my friends. I was an odd one at school. It is not because I am a loner – I am not the silent type. I am very loud. It is because I like to do random things and I rather ‘walk’ back home rather patiently wait for a car to pick me up. Everyone at school went on a ride in their cars while I usually walk. So, on that day, as usual, I walk back home when suddenly a car stopped before me. It was a large black car that I thought is similar to those of the cars that kidnappers used on TV. A frightening thought passed through my mind – it had me shaken with fear. My legs stood firmly onto the ground, unable to move, as a tall man with a hazzle-nut colored hair and sunglasses on to block the afternoon sun came out of the car. I could tell he is Korean by the pale-color of his skin and from the language he spoke.

I could not understand a word he murmured but I figured that he was cursing the wind for blowing his hair to annoyingly stick onto his forehead, almost blinding his sight. He went to me and asked with broken English, “You walk in this hot day? Want take ride?” He pointed at the car.

Like any wise person would reply, “No, thank you,” I told him. I must not accept a stranger’s request unless if it is necessary – even though if he is a handsome, rich-looking Korean guy. He is probably in his 20s, I figured.

 

Ah, there's no chance. I can't hit a guy that old, I thought feeling quite disappointed.

 

He was still forcing me to enter his car, “No, no, no… I insist. I want ask you for help.”

“You can ask for help right here, right now. You don’t have to send me home,” I said and I could tell that he was impressed.

“Then,” he finally agreed. “You school at that school, right?”

He pointed at the school not far behind me. I only nodded as an answer. He then continued to his point, “Get me teacher’s phone number.”

“Um… Okay?”

“Here my number, text if you get it.”

Probably because of embarassment, the man left me speechless on the road to enter his car and drove away. I didn’t get to ask him what's his name nor who is the teacher he was asking for but I have his number, so I could ask him later. Everything seemed to go so fast that I figured I was maybe dreaming. And if I really was, that would be an odd dream.

 

Two days after, the account I suspected to be V’s IG account starting to actively post videos; first was V and Jungkook cutely peeking at the camera, then 3 videos of V, Jungkook and Rapmon singing a korean ballet, a video of him smiling and lastly a video of him singing alone. I came to realize it was the launch of the V app. I cursed myself to realize about it now and hadn’t yet downloaded the app yet but going back to the main point, I was certain the uploader is V.

The official BTS’ fanpages began posting the same videos and other videos from the V app. But I know I trust my chocolate shake and the rest of my internal organs and the account I suspected that that it is really V.

I went to school the next day, sitting onto the seat between Yuna and Mai, where I had always sit everyday for class. As a loud person, I started chatting with them and told them everything that happened including the mysterious Korean man. I shared them V’s instagram account and they got excited to start looking at his photos. Of course, I felt proud of myself to be able to find his account.

“Hey, Rin, you should try finding the others’ as well,” Mai meant the other members of BTS’ instagram accounts. “Starting with Jimin’s,” she suggested for Jimin was her number 1 bias.

Well then, I figured. Why not?

 

V’s Instagram: @v.bts_kim_taehyung

Case One Closed.