Gentle Breeze: Introduction

Gentle Breeze

I promised myself I wouldn't create long-lasting friendships with anyone I encounter, no matter how much I wanted to. I know that you don't really choose who you can have a long-lasting friendship with because it takes the two people to work together to make it work. And deciding it on my own won't be any help. In order for me to prevent myself from doing such thing, I created a few rules. Ah wait, I mean, boundaries. Firstly, it's a civil relationship - nothing more, nothing less. For whatever reason I have to create a type of relationship with the other party, it starts and ends with it being civil. Secondly, no attachments must be formed whatsoever. No ifs, no buts. Once an attachment forms, it's game over for me. I'm the clingy and obsessive type so not only does the other person suffer, I suffer too. To be frank, my clinginess and possessiveness isn't really that appealing as I go overboard. And that's a big no. Let's just say, it won't be a beautiful relationship; it would most likely be a temporary one. Lastly, I come in and out like a gentle breeze on a hot, summer's afternoon.

Now, you might ask why I promised myself this. Simply because I don't like temporary friendships. It just doesn't go with my personality. Oh, to add to that, my heart can't take another polishing and sharpening - any more of it, and it would simply become non-existent. In other words, I'm sick and tired of trying to make everything work out when I know fine well that I don't have such ability nor is there such thing as 'perfect'.

And that's why my friend - wait, I mean dude - such promised was made.