.01

stop and believe

"junmyeon."

junmyeon rolls over, burrows his head under the covers and into his pillow, ignoring the voice and the incessant poking into his arm.

it's too early for jongdae.

"junmyeon."

all junmyeon does is make an irritated noise and pulls the covers higher up.

apparently, this isn't the reaction jongdae is looking for, because the next second, a warm, heavy body is falling onto junmyeon's back, a bony chin digging into the sensitive flesh at the junction of junmyeon's neck and shoulder.

"junmyeon."

"what," junmyeon finally responds, the words muffled and exasperated into cool cotton.

"i'm hungry."

his body is telling him that it can't be later than 7am, and when he turns his head and peeks an eye open, the clock is blaring "6:47" at him in bright red numbers from the nightstand.

sometimes junmyeon wants to kill jongdae.

"you know how to cook."

he knows he's being short with jongdae, but he didn't get home until nearly midnight last night, because of course lu han would wait until it was 5 minutes to closing time to give junmyeon a huge stack of papers to sign, that .

the silence that meets his ears is unusual, and junmyeon stills, both eyes cracking open. jongdae's face is no longer by his, and there's a rustling of sheets as the warmth that was plastered to junmyeon is suddenly gone.

.

"jongdae?"

"sorry."

jongdae's quiet voice makes something in junmyeon's stomach turn, and he sits up slowly. jongdae is perched on the edge of the bed, head not quite downward but not looking at junmyeon either. junmyeon inches closer, sliding his hand up jongdae's back to settle on the back of their neck, warm skin meeting his palm.

jongdae leans into the touch, but they still won't look at junmyeon, and junmyeon sighs quietly.

"you don't have to be sorry," he says, carefully, because they're both still new to this and he's not quite sure how to deal with jongdae shutting down like this.

jongdae shakes their head, states firmly, "i shouldn't have bothered you," and wow, now junmyeon kind of feels like a .

"you weren't bothering me," softly, as he shifts closer, running his fingers through jongdae's hair. it's getting kind of long, and junmyeon absently wonders if he shouldn't schedule an appointment to get it cut.

junmyeon catches the glance jongdae shoots at him from under their bangs, cautious and questioning, and he pushes up onto his knees so he can pull jongdae into a hug and rest his chin on top of their head. he may only be 5'2" to jongdae's 5'8", but jongdae curls into the embrace, sliding their arms around the back of junmyeon's waist and tucking themself into junmyeon's chest.

"i'm sorry i made you feel like a bother," which isn't exactly what jongdae said, but junmyeon heard the implication, and although jongdae goes stiff for a second, they relax when junmyeon presses a kiss to their forehead.

"it is kind of early, though," jongdae admits kind of sheepishly, and it's strange to see jongdae so unsure of themself. usually jongdae is a bustle of energy and self confidence, bordering on arrogance if not for the laughter to their eyes.

"i wouldn't mind if lu han hadn't kept me so late," junmyeon points out, lowering back into a cross legged position on the bed. jongdae immediately twists and falls into his lap, pillowing their head on junmyeon's thigh and grinning up at him with a knowing look on their face.

"i told you he was no good," jongdae teases, smile widening when junmyeon glares at him.

the awkwardness seems to have passed, and junmyeon can't be more thankful when jongdae pops up off the bed and rests their hands on junmyeon's knees, eyes gleaming with something that junmyeon knows is no good.

"so. breakfast?"