Tuesday

Sweet n' Cozy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN | Is it weird that I'm updating with Tuesday on a Monday irl? Well, I didn't plan on it. I did want to get this out soon, and I figure I won't get round to it tomorrow. Currently I'm resting up at home after a tooth extration (it was really deep in, too ;-;), so I should like to hope that knowing my readers will appreciate and possibly enjoy this chapter might speed-up my recovery. Enjoy~ <3 (◠‿◠) .

P.S. Tuesday feels like blue to me. Wednesday is pink.

With this update, I hereby mark this story as subscriber's only.

 

#Tuesday


Taemin looks incredibly and unbelievably professional in his work attire, Minho notices while sitting at his little, white, circular table for one near the window and waiting. Albeit, his comical side is still there; he makes jokes with customers. For the most part, though, after he ties his apron behind him, pulls on the strings to secure a neat, tight knot shaped like a bow, a difference radiates from him, a serious vibe. This and his blond hair chalk-up his appearance to be like a kind of....coffee prince. Even the dyed-purple haired co-worker, Leila, compliments him on the same criteria.

 

Today, actually, for Minho is...it's the first time he's paying a visit to this cafe after—since they've started dating.

 

The facade of sophistication lying in Taemin working as a waiter drops no sooner after he finally reaches Minho, holding up a jug of freshly made coffee. "I apologise for the wait, My Lord. Coffee's here! Say aaah~" Alright, two things are wrong with this picture. The first is that Minho's sure he hasn't heard Taemin (or even Leila, for that matter) address another customer as My Lord. And second...

 

Minho's eyes scan around the table, "Uh, where's the cup?"

 

"My Lord, I believe you asked for coffee, not a cup of coffee. Otherwise I would've brought along with me a cup." is Taemin's response to a pretty valid question, which funnily enough is exactly like what he said when they first met; Minho will bet anything and everything that it's not a coincidence.

 

"It's piping hot!"

 

"Relax, I'm kidding. Don't look so mortified!" Taemin laughs and vertically waves a hand to coax down his boyfriend. Then, from where anyone will call nowhere but he will call a magic satchel, he presents and sets down a cup and pours the hot caffeine into it. "Your coffee, Sir." he says, apparently returning to his facade of professionalism. "Also, if you're considering ordering something else to go with your coffee, I recommend this morning's special."

 

Minho picks up his cup for the first sip. "What's that?"

 

"Me."

 

Minho's face is red and warm in an instant, his first sip of coffee all morning stopped. He quickly tries to rid himself of further humilation. "S-ssh! You can't just say something like that! Seriously—if a co-worker or your boss hears you—"

 

Taemin waves his hand again like the matter is nothing. "Nah, it's my cuteness and bright personality that brings in a lot of customers. I'm a valuable employee, so firing me is basically impossible."

 

"Hey..." Minho says, catching on to something there, suspiciously. Has Taemin not even noticed what he's just revealed so carelessly? "Are you saying that you flirt with other customers or that they hit on you?!"


Taemin shrugs, "Depends," but this smile of his is saying he's definitely aware of what's truthful and what's fictitious. And in his hand still is the hot pot of coffee that what he says next makes Minho feel is thrown onto his face. "If I say yes, will it make you jealous enough to have your way with me against this table?" Minho sputters all over the place; Taemin laughs again, as if he didn't know such a bold suggestion was clutching the potential to incapacitate his boyfriend. "I'm kidding, kidding! Lighten up! Public isn't a kink of mine. It's too "showy"."
 

Minho coughs and steadies his breathing. "Yeah...me too."

 

"I'll be leaving to see to the other customers now. But shame on you, Minho, ordering coffee when you know we're a tea-loving couple."

 

"Are we? I'm convinced you'll shove it down my throat either way."

 

"This is a divorce-worthy matter, Minho!"

 

"We're not married, Taemin."

 

Taemin tries to adopt a seriously frustrated face when he next says, "And we might not ever be because of this!" then he whips around fast, about to leave in quick immature stomps.

 

"...It would make me jealous."

 

Taemin abandons his plan to leave and turns around, but his boyfriend isn't willing to show his flushed face, embarrassed. It truly is something when he agrees with Taemin after disagreeing with him and his antics for so long. It means he's taken a big step in a new direction because of their relationship; it means sometimes he's fine to be completely honest with his wacky neighbor-boyfriend, despite how he may come out at the end. 

 

Minho looks down at his cup before he braves a glance and looks straight at the waiter, then elsewhere with a darker blush.

 

'It's flattering, and cute', Taemin smiles. "You don't have to worry, Minho. I love you the most."

   

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

"Sorry to impose."


"Nonsense, you were invited! Sugar?"


"...S-Sorry?"


"In your tea." Taemin elaborates with a smile, standing at the kitchen counter by two cups and an unlidded jar of sugar (of which six tea-spoons he's already taken and put in to his cup). He can't blame their being nervous. "Do you want—" the guest shakes their head, waves a hand left to right, tightly folds in their lips, desperate to be clear (and hysterical, it seems) with their rejection—they're probably not past the incident. Taemin won't push it then. Into the two cups goes tea and hot water, and a spoon to stir it together.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter