Friends

Untitled

  James was happy, happy that today, finaly, he'd see his girlfriend, whom he had not seen for the past six months due to his busy  schedule.Today though he had no schedule, infact his company had given him and his bandmates a whole week to rest and whatever else they'd want to do that could be done in a week.After he'd gotten the news he had called his girlfriend and told her of the news and they had decided to have a date, which she sugested to be at James's house so that they could just spend time together with no interuption and James had agreed.

    Now James was in the middle of fixing whats need for the date and trying to make things suitable for the date with his girlfriend, though he is sure she won't mind if its not perfect. As he is about to set the plates down, the door bell rings.

 " Who could that be?" He questions putting the plates down and walks to see who is at the door. He knows that his girlriend won't be arriving for at least another16 minutes.

  Opening the door he is surprised to find Kevin, one of his good friends, standing in front of his door, eyes red from crying and still crying, and his cheeks puffy. He is curious as to why he is crying and  and came to him. He could have gone to Eli or Eric, not that he minded, its just that Kevin and him weren't that close. Kevin was more close to Eli and Eric, so it just seemed weird that kevin would seek him.

"C-can....I..I come in?" Kevin asks through his hisccups, head lowering even more than it was before.

 James debates this, he didn't know what to do. His girlfriend was going to be arriving soon, but he also did not want to push Kevin away. How could he? He looks at Kevin, he feels a pain shoots up in his heart, clenching tight and it hurts. He sighs.

" Come in."

He leads Kevin to sit at the love-seat sofa in his living room. James settles next to Kevin.Kevin has quieted down and is only sniffling.

" Whats wrong?" He gently asks,as his hand is rubbing up and down his back soothingly. And in response Kevin just turns in his seat and huggs James, Hand tightening their hold around his waist. James gets startled by the action, he stiffens but slowly relaxes letting Kevin burry his head in his chest, tears seoking his black dres shirt that he had put on for his date. He hugs him back, rubbing his hands up and down as before. comorting him.

 Kevin does not tell him the reason and only cries. James does not mind though and figures that Kevin will tell him when he is ready and so he lts Kevin  let whatever is upsetting him out and just hold him tight. Whispering words of comfort. After awhile he goes and  calls his girlfriend, canceling and tells her " Tomorrow. I'm sorry, but tomrrow, okay. I love you babe."

  " I'm s-sorry." Kevin apologizes, playing with his shirt nervously as James comes back and sits besides him again.

James looks at him brow raised. " What for?"

" For riuning your date."

He ruffles his hair and brings him in to hug him. His hands rubs circles at his back. He smiles his beautiful crooked smile, eyes closing slowly. His heart beating quickly and James doesn't know why.

" Kev... its fine, don't worry."

" But...."

" Besides, you're my friend and you know I wouldn't leave my friend hanging when in need. So don't worry and whatever it is thats making you cry I hope it gets better, because i like a smiling Kevin, one full of  energy."

Kevin hugs back, smiling and grateful for having James as his friend. James was always a caring friend, putting others before himself and Kevin was always happy to have him in his life.

 " Thank you, James. For everything." Kevin whispers sincerly and James's heart felt happy, that his friend was okay, glad that he could help out.

" Anytime, Kev."