Blank Paper

Blank Paper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Blank Paper

Let it be told, a story of how Yoongi managed to fill his papers with words. Words that outlined the meaning of art, love and happiness. With a mug of coffee that rest nicely upon the wooden table, he drowned himself into the thoughts of him, Those thoughts of him were the main reason why he was passionate about making music. But the gist of it, were the lyrics that brought meaning to its melody. Yoongi smiled at the thought of him. The thought of love. The thought of happiness. The thought of Park Jimin. 

The pen in his hand was moving endlessly, as the tip of it brazed against the surface of the paper. Words after words filled in every line. His palm was sweating but he didn't regret it. He loved writing about him. He loved what he was doing. It was the forth paper, reaching five. Every sides of it were filled with hand-written words. Every word was written with thoughts of that one boy. Every sentence was filled with sincere thoughts and affection that had been written upon. 

It was like an addiction. Every negative things he faced in life, every problems he came across. Each time when he sat alone in one corner and started writing lyrics, the negativity was automatically swept away. And another thought replaced it. 

It was a normal Thursday afternoon in his usual messy room. He kicked the door shut, ignoring the yells coming from his father. Apparently, he hated how his family wasn't supportive enough to support his dreams in becoming a music composer. He hated how they wanted him to follow the path of his father, instead of going in another life direction. He knew where he was going, but his parents dont. His relatives dont. No one does. No one understands. No one could express how he was into music.

Yoongi slammed his body against his bed, his eyes drilled across the ceiling above him. Besides anger, he felt sadness washing through him. 

You can't be a composer. 

You won't earn enough.

You're a disgrace to the family.

Your dreams are stupid!

He swear to god, he felt the bricks inside him breaking apart, hearing how people could have the urge to shut him down so hard. His eyes fell back at his working table. Stacks of papers were there, staring at him sorrowfully. He sat up straight and took a deep breath in before looking at the clock. Maybe he could feel better if he talk to that boy. That one boy he love with all his heart.

The boy drew his lips, revealing his teeth as his eyes turned into sweet crescent moons. "Yoongi," He fixed Yoongi's hair gently in place, cupping his cheeks, "What is it this time?" Yoongi couldn't smile as much as he wanted to. He felt the silent ease seep through him, knowing the fact that someone was at least there for him. He let out a heaved sigh, looking into the younger's eyes. "Jimin, It's-" 

He was at Jimin's living room. But looking at him, he felt like everything was just a plain shades of white and only him was seen in his vision. "It's the same problem." Yoongi finally answered, wrapping his hands around Jimin's waist. He could go on like that the whole day. Be with him, complain about his problems, cuddle with him and kiss him. Jimin's smile faded into a thin line, as he hugged him closer.

"Don't let their words bring you down, Yoongi." He advised, "If you're happy with what you're doing, why not? Don't let it get to you. Do what you're happy with." 

Yoongi sighed once again, treasuring every seconds of the hug. If it wasn't for Jimin, he wouldn't be that strong to come this far. "I don't understand. Why can't they know how I truly feel about music? They don't know how in love I am into rapping. All they want for me is to satisfy their standards. That's right, I'm their son, but i'm not their puppet. I have every right to do whatever I want when it comes to my career. Even if they do not like it, they don't have to spit words into my face, telling me how unlucky they were to have me as their son-" 

"Yoongi.."

"Why do they have to put me to hell? Why do they have to discourage me to this extend-" Yoongi pulled away from the hug, locking gazes with him. "I seriously don't know what I should do anymore. You understand, right? You do understand how I feel right? " 

"I understand you more than anything else in the world." Jimin said, and it made Yoongi happy hearing his words. "Just remember, the only that could break you is yourself, and nobody else. I'm sorry, baby. I can't help you if you're just going to complain into my ears. Sure, I'm always there for you. But I can't help you in everything. This is your life. You-"

"How could you?" Yoongi narrowed his eyes, pulling his hands away from Jimin, "All I want is your listening ears. It's not like I expect you to solve my problems. You really thought me like I'm some kind of a talker, don't you?" 

He could feel pieces of him shrink, as he grew weaker in a matter of seconds. 

"If you want to take it that way, I don't care. But really. Complaining won't help a single in your life. Take the baton and do something with it, instead of sitting in one corner, whining into my ears."

And that was when Yoongi felt his pride slowly slipping away.

"What the ?!" 

"I told you a million times." Jimin continued, "I ing told you. If you're going to just sit back and let your parent's word kill the out of you, then might as well I sit back and watch you crumble. I can't help you because why? You're not helping yourself, you know that?" 

"I write songs every night before I go to sleep." I write songs about you before I go to sleep. How could you say that to me? "I do everything I could and you're saying i'm not helping myself? Are you kidding me? Do you know how hard it is? Do you know how hard it is to let my parent's words slide no matter how much it kills me? You said you understand me more than anything else in th

Please log in to read the full chapter