Chapter 1

My J

 

She was at it again, staring outside the glass window and observing him. Everyday, without a miss, he would be sitting there on the bench under that big, century-old oak tree, reading a book. It never ceased to amaze her how he spends his lunch break by just reading. "Doesn't he eat?" she thought.

 

 

She would always be the first among her group of friends to arrive at their table in the canteen. It was because her class before lunch was always dismissed a quarter before the bell rings. Their usual spot was at the back left of the room, the table nearest to the window. And her usual seat would always be that one beside it.

 

 

A smile grazed her beautiful features. At first, she was just one punk curious of that nerdy guy out there in the shade. However, as days went by, the curious cat eventually grew fond of the smart-looking lad, even though she knew nothing about him except for his love for books and that his favorite place was that bench under the shade of the oak tree just a few meters away from the school canteen. Fifteen minutes of silently watching him from afar was more than enough for her.

 

 

Little by little, without noticing it herself, she started to become like him. Still as bubbly and the jokester of the group but she had started to read too, which brought a big shock to her friends; she was the type to immediately fall asleep just after reading the first three pages of a book, that was why.

 

 

Since then, she was bugged and teased to no end by her group and also because she was the second most innocent, next to their maknae, Seohyun. It was a one-sided love, or so she thought, so she didn't bother. Little did she know, he was watching her too.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

He was the quiet type of a guy. Sure he had his dorky friends too but they didn't quite rub off their playfulness on him. Among them, he was the most serious and often just the observer and listener but don't be fooled for this guy held the maddest dance skill.

 

 

At first, he didn't mind that there was someone who watches him from afar; he knew. But he became curious as to who it was so his eyes searched for that person. He found her. So it was her, he thought. She already caught his attention even before that.

 

 

A few minutes before lunch would be over, he would enter the canteen and as always it was so noisy. Among the students eating there and chatting, there was this one girl who was the loudest; she was joking around, dancing to some funny dances, making her friends laugh loudly.

 

 

And since everyday was like that, being the keen observer he was, he learned that her orbs would only lay on him for a quarter of silence. For after that, her cheerful eight gals would already be accompanying her and she'd forget about him already. It amused him how she could be so quiet then turn into a human megaphone.

 

 

Day by day too, he found himself slowly getting attached to her even though he too knew nothing about her.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

In the long hallways of the school, they also meet. But it was just him who seemed to notice that. She was too busy joking and laughing with her friends that she would only pass by him without looking his way. He just watched her silently; how her hair flips and how her laugh echoes through the hallway.

 

 

He just didn't know that when she'd already passed by him, she'd turn around and look at his retreating back and smile. She was just pretending that he wasn't there because whenever he was near, she wouldn't know what to do. She would just grin widely and to prevent it from being obvious, she would crack jokes and whatnot. She was already aware that he watches her too. It happened a day or two ago when she caught him looking back at her while she was waiting. He didn't know she saw him looked back at her.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

One Friday morning, she happened to be late in class for she woke up later than the usual and as a punishment for being late, their teacher told her that she would be the one to bring the class' assignment notebooks in the faculty, WITHOUT the help of anyone after the class was over.

 

 

The notebooks weren't that heavy at all for her, being the athletic type she was, she had pretty good strength. The only thing was the pile of the notebooks, when she carried it, covered her line of sight because of her short stature and that the faculty was at the ground floor whereas their classroom was at the 3rd and more, it was at the far end of the hall.

 

 

The girls wanted to help her but they had different schedules after that class and they must hurry or they might end up late. She assured them she'd be fine. Reluctantly, the girls went to their own classes.

 

 

She had a hard time carrying the notes for she couldn't see her way properly since the pile was blocking her view, as stated before. Already halfway through the second floor when her arms started to feel tired.

 

 

Being too much absorbed with her weakening arms, she forgot to check her way and just continued to walk and eventually, she bumped into someone. The notebooks in her hold fell and so was she. She cursed under her breath for being so careless. She apologized to the person she bumped without looking and kneeled down to pick up the notes. The person who bumped into her helped in gathering the notebooks. There was only one more left and both of them reached for it.

 

 

Clichéd as it was, they both got a hold of each other's hand. It made her look at the owner of the hand. It was him. A shy smile tugged her lips, a confident one on his. They stared in each other's eyes without letting go of the other's hand. They were lost in each other's orbs.

 

 

No words were spoken; their eyes did all the talking. He then grabbed the last notebook and stood up. She did too. He handed it to her. "Junho," he eye-smiled. "Hyoyeon," she replied with a bright smile.

 

 

"Be mine?" he questioned. And she answered him with a stolen kiss on his cheek. A wide grin was on his face making his eyes turn into slits. He did the same, surprising her a bit.

 

 

It ended with their friends whistling and cheering here and there. It turned out they were there the whole time the two started their moment.

 

 

As all of them walked their way again, the two of them, Junho and Hyoyeon, fell behind the group. "Saranghanda, Hyo." He whispered in her ear. "Nado, my J.” She tiptoed as she answered him back in a whisper. He turned his head her way and their lips finally met. It didn't last for more than five seconds but they felt the electricity run through their system. Their lips parted and smiles were on their faces.

 

 

 

--------------

Sorry of it's kinda lame. I'm not really good with happy endings. >_<

Anyways, please take a moment and comment. Thank you!