New Year's

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11 New Year’s

Soo In’s POV

“Noona is there anything that you need before we come over?” Seungri asked while I was on the phone with him. I was going around my apartment to make sure that everything we clean and ready to go for tonight’s New Year’s Eve party. Few days ago, Ji Yong was over saying something about hanging out over the holidays. I come up with an excuse about hanging out with Jun and Saya, which happened. So, my Christmas eve I spent time with them and then on Christmas I spent my time with Youngbae and his girl. However, somehow, I allowed myself to agree with having the whole gang over at my place for New Year’s.

"Um, just snacks that you bring over and drinks. Other than that, should be it.” I told him looking in my fridge seeing that I was in need to get myself some adult beverages.

“Noona you’re the best you know that?” he was such a sweet talker. I told him that I would see him tonight. We said our goodbyes when my doorbell rang.

I placed my phone down on the counter and walked over to the screen to see who it was at my door. A smile appeared seeing who it was. I buzzed them in and walked over to the door.

“Can’t believe that my baby sis is all grown up and living on her own.” In-Su said and walked in. I gave him a big hug after he took his shoes off. Even though he and I had our differences he was still my big brother. When he left my senior year of high school, my parents and him had a huge fight over him wasting his life away. He told them that would leave and show them that he was wasting his life. In-Su did just that. He moved to Jeju and got a job as a farmer. There he met his wife who was the daughter of his boss.

“Oppa I missed you so much.” I said in a muffled voice as my arms tightened around him. We stayed like that for a few minutes and then we let go while I wiped tears that escaped. “Would you like to see the place, or do you want something to drink?” I asked him.

“How about we go out and get coffee. Spend some time before I leave later today.”

“You know I won’t say no to coffee.” I disappeared to grab my coat and purse. I walked over to my kitchen to put my phone in my purse. In-Su was at the door, shoes on waiting for me.

“You know I still can’t believe that you are married and that I am an aunt.” I told him once we were out the door, heading to his car.

“I never thought mom would be so happy. I take she has been nagging you about getting married?”

“You have no idea. She has been telling me that Ji Yong would be the one she wants me to be with.”

“And have you thought about that?” he asked once we go to the car and he opened my door.

“About dating Ji Yong? No.” I told him when I go into the car. I watched him walk over to the driver’s side.

“How is that possible? You’ve been with him for 20 years! And you haven’t thought about dating at least once?” he questioned me starting the car.

“Oppa did I tell you about the offer that I received a few weeks ago, that I have a chance to work in New York.” I was trying to change the subject. I was not ready to blurt out that I have thought about dating Ji Yong.

“I know you Soo In. I have noticed since you were in high school. You were in your room circling something. It was Ji Yong’s name.” He looked at me with a serious face.

“How the hell do you know that?” I ask shocked that for one my brother was snooping and two I just confirmed what my brother already knew. He looked away from me to pay attention to the road. This just proved on how good my brother was on getting information out of people.

“I looked in the notebook when you weren’t around. Plus, I didn’t need a notebook to confirm that you liked him. Everyone knew except for him when you two would always attach by the hip.” My brother over at me at a red light. “All I know is that he the best fit and match for you when you plan to get married and have a family.”

“How did you know that Bae-Chin was the one for you?” I asked.

“When I was in Jeju-do I was walking around taking pictures, and Bae-Chin ran into me. She had a bag of oranges and they all fell out. I ended up helping her pick up the oranges. When her hand brushed against mine. I felt this connection and she felt it too. We spent the whole day talking and then one thing led to another. Now here I am with her and our little girl.” When he was explaining this to me his face lite up with a big smile. I have never seen him this way, but this was a side that I was hoping to see more of in the future.

“I will say springing that you’re married and have a baby was a big surprise.” I shared with him when we arrived at the coffee shop near my place. The one that I tended to go to when I didn’t feel like making my own.

“Yup and you know would be a bigger surprise?” he inquired before he got out of the car.

“What?” I curiously asked when he opened my door. What could be more surprising then him being married?

“You and- “In-Su I stopped him knowing what he was going to say. He laughed the whole time when we walked into the shop. Once we got what we ordered was sat down and caught up in the time that was missed. The day after Christmas we were able to talk but that was cut short when my mother had just asked him about his life in Jeju-do. Before I left that night, he told me that he would make time for me that way we could just hang out.

We sat there and just talked. More him then I though. I let him share about the fight between him and our parents, to getting a job on Bae-Chin’s farm. I asked him if he knew about her being the farmer’s daughter. He admitted that he didn’t until that day they ran into each other. Apparently the two been married for just a year before they had Nari. I was proud of him that he was able to get his life together. Here I was stressing out on what to do with my life. With only four months life before I would be in the real world. When we finished our coffee, we headed back to my place to continue to talk. I told him about the job offer in New York. He wasted no time in telling me to take it.

“Oppa I was to really think about before I fully commit to it.” I told him on the ride up to my floor.

“You’re not heisting because of a certain some one?” His tone serious.

“That I don’t know it if is or not.” Truthfully, I did think that maybe for my hesitation was because of Ji Yong, but the more thought about it never came to that conclusion.

“Soo In this is your dream is it not?” he inquired as we walked off the lift and to my door.

“It is.” I put in my passcode and we both walked in.

“Well think about it that way. Its you dream and so you need to do what you love.” He walked over to the couch and sat down. I followed him, placing my stuff on the stool as I walked by.

“I’ll do that. Thanks, talking with you might help me make my decision easier.” I gave him a smile and he gave me on back.

“Now back to you and - ” I closed my eyes waiting for him to say Ji Yong when my door opened.

“Hey noona I figured I could come early and help you set things up.” Seungri said when he entered but looked up and saw that I was with someone. “Oh, Sorry noona I didn’t see that you were with someone.”

“It’s ok Seungri. Are you the only one that is coming now or are the other coming too?” I asked walking over to him to see what he had in the bag that he brought over.

“Um Ji Yong hyung is coming now and so is Daesung.” He said with a nervous tone to his voice. He kept looking at my brother who was still standing in the living room. “Seungri this is my brother In-Su. In-Su this is Seungri the youngest of Big Bang.” I Introduced them and took the bag from Seungri and placed it in the kitchen. My brother followed me and leaned against the counter. Seungri stayed by the door unsure on what to do. “Seungri you can go watch tv if you want. No need to be nervous.” I stated while giving him an option on what to do.

“Actually, I have a few more things in my car.” With that said he walked out.

My brother let out a fit of giggles when the door closed. I couldn’t help but laugh with him.

“You know that I treat the young man as a younger brother.” I told him turning around to look at him. “Since he is gone do you want to finish what you were going to say?” I was still curious and wanted to know.

“When the day comes and you tell me who you marry it will be a surprise to mom and dad on who it is, but it won’t surprise me.”

“what if he isn’t and it ends up being someone else?” I questioned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter