Prologue

Way Back to You

"For your mother?" the 30-year-old florist asked as he arranges the bouquet of flowers that Sehun picked at the flower shop's garden.

"Ah.. no." The young boy replied with an obvious blush creeping on his cheeks.

"Oh... for a young lady then?" the florist questioned again with a knowing smile but Sehun just shook his head. He then said, "A boy" with a shy smile as he looks at the ground to hide his embarrassment away. Despite knowing how deviant it is to be in love with the same gender, the florist still smiled at the boy in front of him.

"That's cute." he said in a voice so comforting. Sehun looked at him with mild shock, surprised by the comment.

"You know, there's really no reason to be ashamed about it. Love is Love no matter what." The florist said with a smile that emits bitter- sweetness contrary to the words that he just said a while ago.

Sehun just smiled, knowing he's not judged by a person with the same gender as he is.

"Here you go." The florist transferred carefully the bouquet of sweet flowers to his customer's arms and smiled.

"Thank you~" Sehun gave the florist a shy smile and already walked out of the shop.

 

Sehun has been a regular customer of the flower shop on their neighborhood ever since his mother's death but until now he was still wondering why the florist keeps a single rose together with the withered ones on the vase sited at a table on the middle of the shop's garden. He has also never seen the florist smile brightly like the flowers on the shop. Somehow, Sehun was curious to know the answer.

 

                                                                                                ----