Final

The Art of Letting Go

The Art of Letting Go

Pairings: Jessica/Donghae, Tiffany/Siwon & Seohyun/Kyuhyun


 

They say everything but a broken heart is better.

It’s better than losing a box of chocolates, getting ran over by a car or having lobotomy. Certainly, that really is better because you can’t heal a broken heart (literally but, maybe, figuratively).

 

#

 

It’s been three years and Donghae still can’t move on.

He’d say everything is okay but it isn’t. They believe him yet he doesn’t believe it himself.

He watches television again and sees her with smiles and waves. It brought him back to the last farewell he got from her.

With smiles and waves she did but he did not.

His heart cracked then, and forced to leave a bitter smile and a sad wave of goodbye.

“Goodbye.”

That one word quickly flashed but was too slow resounding.

She walks away, leaving.

He looks ahead, still.

Donghae was the first one she said goodbye to.

And Jessica was the last one he’d love, too.

 

#

 

Siwon prays to the Man up above every single day.

It annoys the out of Hyukjae and Heechul – who doesn’t care by the way – but he tells them to off and Hyukjae does because he still has to marry his noona but Heechul doesn’t.

It’s not the ritual that Heechul is really annoyed at but the intensity Siwon gives off when praying: it is much stronger and far louder than before. Sometimes, Heechul forgets they’re living in a dorm and not in a church.

“Dear God! I really appreciate what you’re trying to do! But please, please please—“

Heechul walks in the bedroom and sees Siwon with hands firmly clasped. He pulls him up but he resists. “Man, Siwon, you’ve got to stop this.”

“—bring her back! Bring the love I had back…”

Heechul really isn’t a fan of these talks but the way Siwon looks right now urges him to do something with his broken heart. “Siwon, you really don’t have to do this.”

Still, the remarks given is deaf to Siwon’s ears. “I’d do anything! I’d be a good boy! I’ll stop bugging Heechul to change religions or irk my dongsaengs! Anything…”

Heechul understands the power of faith. He knows it well. But, love? It's far more unimaginable than faith; it is something far more powerful than any force in the world. It's something that drives us to the edge.

Heechul sees it in Siwon and sometimes, he fears the day that he finally gets to love someone as much as Siwon loves Tiffany.

 

#

 

Seohyun gets to see Kyuhyun during vacant hours. 

They were the best of friends, insepearable among the rest until one of them fell in love on the other. 

The friendship they shared didn't last long and the pillars started to crumble.

"I love you." Seohyun reiterates on and on, wanting to get it in his head. Hoping to make him waver, to make him fall in love with her too. "Is it that hard to take in?"

"We can't be what you want, Seohyun." Kyuhyun tells her softly. "It just doesn't fit."

"We aren't puzzle pieces!" Seohyun shouts. "We will fit if we'd just try."

Kyuhyun replies with a simple nod with closed lids. Seohyun knows.

He mutters under his breath, seeing the love of his life slither slowly away from his grasp . "I love you too much to be with you."

 

Years later, Seohyun had a newfound love. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, gets to see Seohyun in a reunion.

Seohyun smiles and Kyuhyun frowns. They should just be like this.

Friends couldn't be more than friends. Both know that too well. 

But Kyuhyun? He knew it too well that he ended up like this.