Final

Can I borrow a kiss? (I promise I'll give it back.)

"Sorry, what?" Chanyeol thinks he has heard wrong.

"I want you to teach me how to kiss!", Jongin repeats to his best friend.

They have known each other for almost 5 years, it was more coincidence than fate that little Jongin stumbled over the steps of the stairs in school. Fate really was that Chanyeol was late as well and just happened to be at the right place to the right time.

Of course he caught the little boy, before he hit the floor. Since neither of them had many friends, they hung up together and grew closer and closer.

So when Jongin's parents got a divorce half a year ago and his mum wanted to take him to Japan (his mum's parents are living there), Chanyeol stepped in. Since he lived on his own, he persuaded Jongin's mum to let the younger stay with him. Being like a second son to her as well as being 18 already, convinced the poor woman to leave her only son in Korea.

They were fine. They really were, although Jongin used to have nightmares every night, which woke the elder up to sobs coming out of his friend's room and led to both of them tangled up under the blanket on Jongin's bed, whose sobs slowly subsided, the longer he was being held.

Soon they had dark circles under their eyes due to the lack of sleep and the younger muttered out a 'sorry' everytime the other let out a yawn. But Chanyeol wasn't angry or upset, on the contrary, he was actually kind of glad to spend more time with his precious friend, even if it was by being woken up in the middle of the night.

They still are fine, although Chanyeol feels his stomach twist a little when Jongin smiles at him or when he lays on their sofa after a day of work, his hands in the other's soft hair, who's laying next to him with his head on Chanyeol's chest, just to see that the pretty boy is fast asleep.

"Are you serious?" Chanyeol still can't believe it.

"Yep I am", Jongin answers.

"You sure?"

"Mhm"

"Really?"

"Chanyeol-ah!"

"Alright, sorry. I just don't get why!"

Jongin shifts uncomfortably. "You seem to be really experienced in kissing and stuff... So I thought I could learn from you..."

Chanyeol bursts into laughter which makes the other even more embarrassed. When he notices how the younger shrunks even more he collects himself again. Jongin looks like he's on the verge of running to his room, crawling under the covers of his bed and never coming out again.

But Chanyeol is quick to grab the other's wrist to keep him from escaping.

"Hey, I didn't laugh at you. I laughed, because I don't have any idea how you think I would be experienced in kissing 'and stuff'"

"Well you had girlfriends before at least...", Jongin whispers lowly.

"Hadn't you?" The younger shakes his head, no.

"No boyfriend either?" He shakes his head again.

Chanyeol's eyes get wide. He can't understand how not even one girl or boy could not want to be with Jongin.

"Well I had a girlfriend before, but..." The elder's eyes change back to normal, of course he had one.

"...that was in elementary school and doesn't count."

To calm the younger, Chanyeol shrugs. "Girlfriend is girlfriend."

Jongin rises his eyebrows and chuckles. "You gotta be kidding me. It's nowhere normal for a 16-year-old.boy to never have kissed anyone!"

Chanyeol fakes shock. "You didn't even kiss your mum?!??!?"

Jongin playfully punches his shoulder. "Hyuuung", he whines, "that's not funny!!!"

The taller straightens his expression again. "Right. Sorry, Jonginnie"

"Come and sit down." He pats the place in front of him on the floor.

The young boy does as told and turn so that they face each other.

"So umm... should I show you or... explain?" Chanyeol feels the blood rushing to his cheeks and he awkwardly scratches his neck.

"I don't know Hyung." Jongin sounds amused.

"That helps a lot, thanks", the elder snorts, making the younger grin.

"Always at your service."

"Alright um when you kiss it's important not to suffocate the other by shoving your tongue down her or his throat or something like that", he chuckles.

Chanyeol's quite sure this is the most awkward moment of his previous life (except maybe that day when his grandma welcomed him home after school with a package of condoms and lube she found tidying up his room and intended to give him a talk about the bees and the trees) and he asks himself why the something like this happens to himself.

"Omo, I don't know how to explain this..." A short silence follows with Jongin fiddeling his fingers and supressing the feelings in his stomach, when he sees Chanyeol with his eyebrows knitted together while thinking.

Meanwhile Chanyeol considers, if just showing the younger by kissing him is a good decision. It would definitely be easier and he wants to be able to 'teach' Jongin properly, not just the same as those advice websites on the internet. (And maybe maybe he just wants to kiss the sweet boy that causes so many feelings, but he would never admit this to himself.)

And maybe maybe that last thought is the reason for the sudden it in his head, as he seeks Jongin's gaze again.

"You know what?", he smiles as the younger's eyes fall to his lips before reaching his eyes again, "I'll just show you."

Before Jongin has the chance to say anything, Chanyeol rests his palms on his cheeks and bends down to get on eye level with him.

Jongin's breath hitches, as their lips get closer, Chanyeol's lips softly brush Jongin's and he swears he can feel a spark. He lets their lips brush again, this time more intense and the younger gasps.

Satisfied with his work the elder presses his lips on the other one's. They stay like this for a while, lips connected, hearts beating and insides tingling. Jongin's hands are cramped between the two of them, so Chanyeol softly untangles them before placing them on his hips. His own hands slide into Jongin's hair to gently pull at the soft strands of hair.

They pull apart for a short time to regain their breath, before connecting their lips again.

Chanyeol feels Jongin relaxing and sneaking his hands under his shirt, so he begins to slowly open and move his mouth. Soon the younger moves his mouth along. He gains more confidence to softly the skin under Chanyeol's shirt, while the elder messes up his hair.

A soft moan escapes Jongin's mouth and the other thinks it's the best sound he has ever heard from the younger. Jongin opens his mouth to take a breath and Chanyeol takes the chance to slip his tongue into his mouth.

At first he doesn't know how to react to the unused feeling but then moves his tongue along Chanyeol's, (almost) not ashamed of doing something wrong. This is supposed to be a lesson anyways, right? (Even though it doesn't feel like just a lesson...)

Due to the tingling feeling in his whole body, as Jongin's tongue touches his own, Chanyeol has to concentrate to not completely lose himself. Although the younger is very cautious and slow with his tongue, Chanyeol can't help but to enjoy it.

But then he remembers why they're even doing this and pulls back. At Jongin's disheveled appearence his heart skips. His lips are red and swollen and his hair is completely messed up.

The smaller looks at him expectantly. Right.

"Yeah umm... you're eh- actually quite good , I'd say...", he stutters while scraping his neck once again, "But y-you should try to eh- be more confident and stuff... and you could do a bit more umm you know..." Chanyeol's sure he's red as a tomato by now.

"More tongue?", Jongin asks.

The elder chuckles about the other's bluntness. "Yeah."

"Okay."

He shifts before asking: "Could we try again?"

Startled, Chanyeol doesn't have a choice to say no, even if he doesn't think it's a good idea, considering that he probably can't stop if he'll kiss the boy again.

Jongin leans up this time, hands on the taller's neck to pull him down. They kiss and the younger doesn't miss the chance to slip his tongue into the other's mouth. He's a bit more confident now, moving his tongue passionately against Chanyeol's.

As he feels the way Chanyeol nips his lower lip and traces his teeth (to induce some variety), he knows it helped to ask his friend. His heart beats harder than ever and he feels fluttering in his stomach, he usually just gets in that high rollercoaster he adores.

For a try he imitates the actions and is very pleased when Chanyeol lets out a stifled moan from the back of his throat. The make-out-session they currently perform is wilder and it almost seems as if they have forgotten what the actual cause of this is.

After a while Chanyeol remembers though and pulls away.

"That was...", the taller begins, "...kind of perfect."

A pleased smile spreads on Jongin's face.

"Do you feel better now?" Chanyeol has to keep down the embarrassing feeling.

"Yup.", the younger boy nods, "Thank you."

 

 

                                                                                                       ***

 

 

They're not the same after that.

Jongin notices the way the elder tenses when he hugs him from behind like every morning or how he excuses himself more and more from spending time with the 2-years-younger boy.

No matter how hard Jongin tries to loosen up the tension between them, Chanyeol always seems to be too deep in mind to sincerely concentrate on anything that leaves the blond boy's mouth.

On working days the tall boy leaves early in the morning for his little, but sufficient job at the radio station and comes back long after Jongin is still awake. Though the younger insists on waiting until the other is back, he has always fallen asleep deeply before.

When Chanyeol enters his (and Jongin's) home to the sight of the petite boy sleeping on the sofa, guilt crosses his feature. He ends up with throwing his jacket and shoes on the floor and carefully picking up Jongin, before carrying him to bed.

Most of the time he stays for a few minutes to watch the sleeping boy, gently covering him with his covers and then exits the room (without forgetting to kiss the younger's forehead).

On weekends it isn't better. When the young boy asks him to spend some time together, he refuses and drives off. Chanyeol takes additional shifts at work or he visits his family. Of course Jongin doesn't want to interfere to that.

Usually, Jongin is a patient and uncomplaining person, but after almost two weeks he can't stand it anymore. He feels hurt and more often than not he feels like a burden.

So he sets his alarm to 4:30 am, to get up early enough to have some time to talk with Chanyeol. When he stumbles into the kitchen, he sees the other standing on the counter with his back facing him.

Jongin stops a bit behind his tall friend and rubs the sleep off his eyes, when the other turns around. Chanyeol lets out a surprised shriek and instantly presses his palm to his chest.

"Holy , Jongin. You scared the out of me!"

Relieved, he exhales, before turning to the refridgerator to put back the the milk for his cereals.

Jongin's heart hurts, when was the the last time Chanyeol called him Jongin? There were countless names the elder called him, but definitely not just Jongin.

"Why are you up so early?" He grabs a packet of banana milk and shuts the fridge.

"I have to talk to you." Jongin fiddles with the hem of his tanktop. The elder takes the bowl and banana milk to the small table next to the little kitchen window. He takes a seat and peels off the straw.

"About what?", he asks.

The younger sighs, before sitting down in front of the other.

"You know about what."

Chanyeol sticks the straw in the pack and pushes it across the table to Jongin. A light smile spreads on the smaller's face as he takes a sip. Banana is his favorite.

The elder begins to eat his cereals silently while Jongin drinks his milk and watches him. Their thoughts wander, both thinking about the weird 'incident'. Jongin once in a while opens his mouth, to mention the topic they both seem to avoid as much as possible.

Chanyeol's bowl is almost empty, when something comes out of Jongin's mouth finally.

"The uh...", he starts, "...kissing thing."

The other looks up. "Huh?"

"We. Kissing.", Jongin starts again, "It changed something. A lot, actually. You always tense around me. You're away all the time, I barely see you anymore."

A flash of guilt crosses Chanyeol's eyes. "I-... Jong-"

"I want to apologize.", the younger interrupts him, "I'm sorry. It was a stupid idea. I should have known that it would change our relationship. You're m-"

"Jonginnie!", Chanyeol shuts the boy's mouth with his hand, "It's alright. I have to go now, we can talk about it when I come home."

Jongin grabs the other's hand to free his mouth.

"You know I won't be able to stay up that long!", he whines quietly.

"Then sleep, I'll wake you."

The boy's eyes bore into his own's.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "I promise, I will."

"Yeah, you better do...", the younger growls.

He just chuckles and puts on his shoes.

"You should sleep two more hours or so..."

The tall boy grabs his jacket and throws a 'see you later' to his friend, before he leaves.

 

 

                                                                                            ***

 

 

It's late when he comes back home, almost 11 pm. He had a hard time concentrating today. His thoughts wandered, so he almost missed his mission a few times.

The thing with Jongin and him really freaks him out. He's quite sure that he has feelings for the younger. Feelings that exceed friends or best friends or soulmates. He's in love with Jongin or even more (if that's possible) and he's quite unsure if his flatmate loves him back.

On his way home he thought about what to say to Jongin.

Should he just ignore his feelings and say he just had a bad time at work?

Chanyeol doesn't want to lie to Jongin, but neither does he want to creep the younger out or ruin their friendship.

His brain and his heart debate for a bit more and when he rounds the corner near his (and Jongin's) apartment, he's glad that finally one of them won.

 

 

                                                                                          ***

 

 

After unlocking the door, the tall boy shrugs off his shoes and jacket, before carelessly throwing them on the floor next to Jongin's skateboard.

He quietly makes his way to the living room, just to see the younger curled up in a ball, fast asleep on the sofa.

Chanyeol sighs, before sitting beside him and tenderly a few strands of hair out of the boy's face. He takes a look at the peacefully sleeping boy and decides against waking him.

They can talk tomorrow as well, can't they? The next day is a saturday after all.

Carefully not to wake him, he picks Jongin up bridal style and carries him to his room. Halfway, he feels the younger moving and immediately stills, but Jongin just mumbles a few inaudible words, before clinging onto him and snuggling into Chanyeol's chest.

The elder has to take a shaky breath to control the tingling feeling in his stomach and where the smaller grips his shirt and then continues to walk.

He stops in front of Jongin's bed and slowly sets the boy onto the matress. Chanyeol backs away, but is stopped by the tight grip on his shirt. Gingerly, he tries to pry away the hands, but instead of letting go, the sleeping boy only thightens his grip even more while frowning.

Sighing softly, Chanyeol picks up the boy once again to carry him to his own bed. He strips to his boxers and considers a moment, before stripping Jongin as well.

After getting Jongin to loosen up his grip, he leaves for the bathroom to quickly brush his teeth and climbs into his small bed next to the soundly sleeping boy. For fitting under the blanket together, Chanyeol tangles his legs with Jongin's and soon sleep overcomes him.

 

 

                                                                                                     ***

 

 

Jongin is woken by a faint tickling in his face. He scrunches his nose and the feeling disappears for a moment. He tries to lull himself into sleep again, when he feels it again. A light touch along his nose, a strand of hair that's pushed behind his ear, despite it almost immediately slipping back.

His eyes open a tiny bit and what he sees instantly warms his heart and makes his stomach feel queasy. Chanyeol is watching him, supported on one ellbow, as he softly traces the younger boy's features. His head is a mess, with strands of hair sticking to every corner.

When Chanyeol notices that the other is awake, a grin spreads on his face. His hand is tenderly Jongin's cheek now, as he opens his mouth.

"Can I borrow a kiss?"

The younger just gapes at him, brain still clouded from sleep and unable to neither get a word out nor even blink. With a soft smile Chanyeol stares into the other's dark orbs. He leans down to whisper something into Jongin's ear.

"I promise I'll give it back."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

fin.

 

 

A/N: Hey guys!! Huh, that got cheesy... I hope the ending didn't confuse you too much but I just couldn't write a better one:/ I'm sorry for any mistakes and stuff, english is not my native language and maybe you know what a google translater is sometimes... Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, feedback is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah and by the way this is my first ever finished story or one-shot, however, so please bear with me and excuse my bad writing... :D XOXO