THE BEGINNING, THE MIDDLE, & THE ENDING

If Only For One Night

Seunghyun sat in the back of the cafe sipping coffee watching as the waiter served other customers with a quickness unlike anything he'd ever seen. He'd been coming to this cafe for years, but not exactly for the coffee. His name was Jiyong...
 
"Let me hold you tight
If only for one night
Let me keep you near
To ease away your fear
It would be so nice
If only for one night"
 
Seunghyun didn't know exactly when he fell in love with the younger. Perhaps it was when the orange headed one had come to work under too much stress and spilt his coffee all over his brand new Armani suit. And after a million apologies, and a million and one reasuranaces that everything was ok, he finally got Jiyong to look at him with something other than shameful guilt.
 
"Seunghyun...Choi Seunghyun." He'd said quietly.
 
Jiyong had answered with a gummy smile before his boss had griped at him to get back to work, and as he'd shuffled away, he looked back. "Kwon Jiyong..." Maybe that was the day he fell in love...no...maybe it was before that.
 
"I won't tell a soul
No one has to know
If you want to be totally discreet
I'll be at your side
If only for one night"
 
Or maybe it was the day he finally got the courage to ask him out on a date only to be turned down.
 
"Can I take you to dinner?" He had asked. Blurted out was more like it, but it didn't matter. The question was out and hanging in the air like a thick fog. He watched as Jiyong worried his bottom lip looking down with that guilty face again.
 
"I-I'm sorry, Seunghyun. I can't. I'm actually seeing someone." He confessed. The elder tried, and failed, to keep in a disappointed sigh. He caught Jiyong's eye and smiled. The lie didn't get very far as they both knew that it wasn't ok.
 
Yes, Seunghyun knew he was in deep like with the perfect being that stood before him, but he missed how Jiyong looked at him with just as much if not more longing than he had.
 
Or just maybe...he knew he was in love with the former when he found him outside his apartment building on a harsh cold winter day, shivering violently and crying. It was then, he found out that Jiyong and his boyfriend had broken up and he was devastated by it.
 
"Your eyes say things i never hear from you
And my knees are shakin too
But i'm willin to go thru
I must be crazy
Standin in this place
But i'm feeling no disgrace
 
For asking..."
 
Seunghyun had taken the boy in that night. Apparently, the ex-boyfriend also lived in this building, a few floors up. Ri, he called him. Some big shot superstar. The younger had apparently walked in on him with another, and after a huge fight where cruel words were exchanged, Jiyong walked out. Only, he didn't have anywhere to walk to once he left. So he settled for the front steps crying his heart out until fate interviened.  
 
"I'm asking...
 
Let me take you home
To keep you safe and warm
Till the early dawn
Warms up to the sun
It would be so nice if only for one night"
 
That night Jiyong discovered how it felt to truly be held and loved with no abandon. Soft sighs and butterfly kisses, a strong pair of arms holding him close. A whispered promise to never let him go, and to be sure he never feels this pain again. All he had to do was say yes. Three little letters, one little word, and Seunghyun would take it from there.
 
Jiyong looked back at him with hurt still in his eyes. He couldn't promise the elder the answer he was looking for right then, but maybe in time he could. Once everything had settled in his heart and mind.
 
Seunghyun just smiled. It wasn't the answer that he was longing for, but it was one he could work with....