pt. 1

Si Vis Amari Ama

the cheers from the crowd were quite loud and audible and jisoo smiled from the enthusiasm to vitalize their basketball team. jisoo never really liked sports anyways, but seokmin dragged him to the game to cheer on their other friends. he supposed that seungcheol, wonwoo, and mingyu could use some cheering, but considering their large fanbase already consisted of fangirls from the whole school, jisoo didn’t think they needed it. 

quietly reading from his textbook, jisoo wrote down neat and concise notes for himself when seokmin jabbed him in the arm. he turned to his friend to see a glare from the other and jisoo sighed, putting his pencil down for the moment. 

“what?” he asked before picking up the pencil again and continued with his writing. 

“you know what. now stop writing and pay attention to the game! you study too much anyways.” seokmin was technically right in that aspect. he did happen to study way too often, but it wasn’t for no reason. he did have other passions too! he played guitar every now and then and sang, so why couldn’t he have this time to do homework. 

“okay, fine.” jisoo gave in only because seokmin had brought him along. he finally closed his textbook only to look up and make eye contact with wonwoo who grinned and waved at him in which jisoo reciprocated with a smile and a wave back. he stopped waving long enough to notice that seokmin was giving him a look again.

“so... you and wonwoo?” seokmin began but jisoo immediately groaned and shook his head. jisoo lightly shoved seokmin who started howling with laughter. 

“stop that, we’re just friends. just like how i’m friends with you, so...” jisoo cleared up before turning his attention back to the game in front of him. thankfully, he might’ve not played sports but basketball was one of the easier ones to understand. 

jisoo watched as wonwoo dribbled the ball skillfully down to the other team’s basket. sweat trailed down the sides of his face and jisoo immediately noticed that and turned slightly pink that that thought even crossed his mind. if it weren’t for seokmin screaming in his ear about how their team needed to hurry up and win, he might’ve continued focusing on wonwoo’s sweaty face.

suddenly, wonwoo stopped and tossed the ball up. it felt like the entire gym got quieter for that split second before the ball made a swishing noise as it went in and the buzzer loudly went off signalling that the game was finished and their team had won causing the whole crowd to erupt in cheers, jisoo included. 

“holy , jisoo, we won! we finally won! c’mon, let’s go congratulate them!” seokmin pulled on his hand despite the other not wanting to move but he did so nonetheless. the seats were emptying out quickly and seokmin and jisoo quickly found their friends. seokmin dropped jisoo’s hand to go and celebrate with mingyu and seungcheol but jisoo couldn’t see where wonwoo was.

seungcheol looked over at jisoo with a wide grin and started waving like a idiot and yelling about how they won. jisoo laughed and nodded, giving him a thumbs up. then he felt a tap on his shoulder and spun around, coming face to face with wonwoo who had a smile on his face. jisoo smiled in return. 

“hey, we won.” wonwoo stated, looking around them at all the people cheering and celebrating. 

“sure did. you guys were great out there. you... were great.” jisoo toed at the floor, groaning inwardly at how corny that might’ve sounded. wonwoo suddenly held out his arms and jisoo looked confused for a second before closing the hug. wonwoo happened to be taller than jisoo and for some odd reason, he just seemed to fit in the other’s arms. 

 jisoo inhaled wonwoo’s scent and smiled, obviously wonwoo was sweaty, but there was wonwoo's own natural masculine scent that jisoo couldn't help but inhale some more until he realized how embarrassing it'd be if he got caught before pushing the other away. “you uhhh, you’re sweaty, you know that?” he blushed but quickly laughed at wonwoo’s face who seemed embarrassed but eventually played it off, putting an arm behind his head. 

“yeah, i should go and shower. the guys wanted to go out and uhh, you should come with. i think seokmin would just drag you no matter what, but you might as well, right?” wonwoo spoke, looking at jisoo directly. before, he’d have no problem looking at wonwoo like this but for some reason, it made him feel really nervous. when jisoo did manage to make eye contact, he saw... hope and wishfullness in the other’s eyes. 

“i was just going to study, but i think going with you guys would be a million times more fun.” jisoo managed as a reply. 

“a’ight, cool. lemme just go clean up then.” wonwoo waved at jisoo before walking down to the locker room with seungcheol and mingyu. 

jisoo heard the sound of someone clearing their throat and turned to see seokmin with a smirk on his face. he really didn’t want to deal with the other’s teasing but it looked like he had no choice. 

“so that hug, huh? and then that subtle flirting. seriously, jisoo, you guys are made for each other! you would be cute together, like a match made in heaven. everyone can see you guys both like each other.” jisoo let seokmin finish before rolling his eyes. it would’ve been rude if he did it beforehand. 

“that was nothing, obviously. just two friends talking like normal. okay?” jisoo pouted and folded his arms across his chest, showing seokmin that he didn’t want to talk anymore about it. 

“okay, okay, i’m sorry! i won’t say anything else... just know that you have to accept your feelings at some point.” before jisoo could even retort that he didn’t have feelings, wonwoo, seungcheol, and mingyu finally came back up from the locker room. 

“all right, guys, let’s go~” mingyu fist pumped and tackled seokmin into a hug. jisoo laughed because it served seokmin right for teasing him all night but he felt someone’s arm rest itself around his shoulders and he turned to see seungcheol beaming at him. 

“i’m glad you’re coming with us, soo. you’ve always got your head in the books. it’s annoying, nerd.” jisoo rolled his eyes and flicked seungcheol on the forehead. “okay, my bad, you’re a cute nerd!”

“gee, thanks, cheollie. that means a lot.” he shook his head as he let seungcheol walk them out. for some odd reason, he felt a hostile presence staring at him but he couldn’t place his finger on it, deciding that ignoring it would be better. 

he felt a vibration and whipped out his phone with a curious look until he read the text. 

from: seokmin >:|

dude, wonwoo’s glaring at seungcheol. he looks jealous.

to: seokmin >:|

shut up. 

even though he didn’t want to believe seokmin, jisoo still turned his head to wonwoo and there it was, a frown. but once wonwoo noticed jisoo was looking at him, he started smiling again. jisoo smiled back and faced front again. he doesn’t know what that meant but he wasn’t going to make a big deal about it. nope. he was just going to pretend he didn’t see anything, that’s right. he was just going to celebrate with his friends and ignore anything and everything about feelings and relationships.


 

jisoo shoveled a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth as he flipped through his textbook while sitting down at a table outside in the courtyard. he looked up and waved when mingyu sat down with him. 

“how’s your love triangle going?” 

jisoo thought he heard incorrectly but he stared at mingyu with a confused expression. “excuse me, what?”

mingyu snorted, sipping at his milk. “your love triangle, duh. seungcheol and wonwoo are head over heels in love with you, dummy.”

“not you, too... i thought having seokmin on my case was enough, but you think so too? dammit.” jisoo slammed his textbook shut and frowned. 

“i thought it was obvious? those two idiots are like pining after you all time. seungcheol opens doors for you, holds your books sometimes, and he always rooted for you at the talent show by bringing you flowers.” mingyu gestured wildly as he spoke. 

“wonwoo saves a chocolate pudding for you at lunch like all the time, stares at you with hearts in his eyes, studies with you. dude, if i wasn’t dating seokmin, i’d be totally jealous of you.” mingyu was about to continue until his eyes gestured behind him and jisoo followed it and turned around to see wonwoo coming his way. 

“jisoo, i got you a pudding. your favorite.” wonwoo pushed the pudding cup onto his plate and sat down. jisoo could see mingyu’s -eating smile and he wanted to shove the other's face into his mashed potatoes but he had manners. he turned to wonwoo and nodded his head. 

"thanks, wonwoo, you're so sweet." 

thankfully, jisoo didn't have to talk much more after that because wonwoo and mingyu got into a heated conversation about some television show they both watched. he propped open his textbook on his lap and flipped through the pages when he felt another presence sit next to him. 'please just let it be seokmin, please just let it be seokmin, please just let it be seokmin.' unfortunately, luck didn't want to be on jisoo's side that day because when he looked up, he found seungcheol smiling like an idiot at him. 

"jisoo, can i ask you something?" seungcheol inquired. jisoo slowly nodded his head thinking about how bad it could possibly be. 

suddenly, seungcheol pulled out a daffodil out of nowhere and presented it to jisoo who took it cautiously. daffodils were his favorite flowers and he didn't think anybody ever knew that, let alone seungcheol. he smelled it and smiled some more. how sweet.

"i really like you, soo, so i was wondering if i could take you out on a date?" seungcheol asked looking quite hopeful at jisoo. for some reason, he felt like it was wrong for him to consider saying yes, but it wasn't like he was seeing someone anyways. and seungcheol was there for him a lot of the time so it wouldn't be that weird to date, right? 

before jisoo could even answer, someone else spoke up first. 

"you can't date."


author's note. hi guys! ; u; so this is my twoshot about wonwoo and jisoo! wonsoo? wonji? wooji? woosoo? wonshua? wonjosh? idk sobs, but i really like this pairing a lot and they're two of seventeen biases, along with seungcheol, mingyu and seokmin, so that's kinda why they're all in this~ i also really like seungcheol and him together, so maybe when i write another oneshot, it'll be seungsoo! 

si vis amari ama : if you want to be loved, love

daffodil : regard, unrequited love, you're the only one, the sun is always shining when i'm with you