Chapter 1: First meeting

Love Fiction

The only thing I remembered before my vision was engulfed by pure darkness is the sharp intense pain that I felt on my body and my head. And also, somehow, I saw someone who was looking at me with a worried expression on his or her face though everything was blurry.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring into the eyes of a boy who was staring back at me, with his eyes widened in surprise. His hair was brown and he was wearing a white pajamas. Then, he suddenly smiled.

 

“You’re finally awake! Wait, I’ll call the doctor,” he spoke to me cheerfully before going to the door. I slowly woke up, only to find that my body ached so much. I looked around trying to swallow what is actually happening at the moment.

 

“I have already called him so he should be-Yah! What are you doing? You should rest on the bed!” the boy exclaimed as he went back into my room. Looking worried, he quickly went to me and gently pushed my body back on the bed.

 

“There! A sick person should be resting. If you need anything, you can just ask me. I’ll do anything for you,” he grinned at me, putting a blanket on me.

 

‘Who are you?’ I wanted to ask him but my throat was so dry that I couldn’t speak a thing. I slowly reached my hand out of my blanket and tugged his shirt.

 

“Hmm? Why? Do you need anything?” he asked. With my other hand, I slowly pointed at my throat, hoping that he would get my message.

 

“Ah~ you need water right? Wait a sec,” he said and then he went to the side table and brought back a glass and a tumbler of water. He carefully poured the water into the glass and gave it to me.

 

“Here, can you sit?” he asked, concerned. I gave him a nod and slowly sat up. He gently placed the glass in my hands.

 

“Ah, can you drink it like this? A straw would be better, right? Wait, I’ll go and get it,” he said. As soon as he turned his back on me, my hand automatically grabbed onto his shirt. He looked surprised at first and then just grinned at me.

“Aigoo, you feel lonely without me, right? I’ll stay with you then,” he warmly said, ruffling my hair with his hand. That didn’t feel weird at all, even though I didn’t know him. I wonder why. But having him near is like something that is a given. I drank the water with him sitting next to my bed, watching my every movement with his eager yet worried eyes.

 

“Do you need more?” he asked as he noticed my empty glass. I shook my head and cleared my throat.

 

“Uh..w..who are you?” was all I managed to say at that moment.

 

“Ah, I haven’t introduce myself yet. My name is Yook Sung J-Ah! I mean, my name is…er…Ah! Gong Tae Kwang! Yup, Gong Tae Kwang,” he replied. He looked like he was panicking for a moment there. Then he gave me that smile again. That goofy smile.

 

“How about you?” he suddenly asked, taking me by surprise. I shook my head.

 

“No? What do you mean?” Tae Kwang asked again, looking puzzled.

 

“…don’t know,” I mumbled quietly. Tae Kwang stopped smiling and looked at me seriously.

 

“I…I don’t know who…I am,” I repeated, smiling a little at him. Then, something wet touched my cheek. It was my tears. It took me seconds to finally realize that I was crying. Flustered, I quickly wiped my eyes with the blanket, feeling a little embarrassed to have cried in front of someone that I just met.

 

“Ah, I see. That’s okay! Then, how about we make a name for you?” Tae Kwang grinned at me, reaching out his hands to wipe my tears with the hem of his shirt. I moved away from him a little, surprised by his gesture and reply. I was surprised yet I felt calm and a little bit happy.

 

“Hmm…I wonder what name suits you the most?” Tae Kwang continued, resting his head on my bed.

 

“….Ah! How about Tae Yeon? Gong Tae Yeon. Gong Tae Kwang,” he grinned, pointing to me and to himself.

 

“I tried to think of a female name that has a K in it but I couldn’t think of any,” he pouted.

 

“..Tae Yeon. I like that name,” I said, smiling at him. His face lit up quickly.

 

“Really?! Then, Tae Yeon, it is,” Tae Kwang grinned, ruffling my hair with his hand again. It felt nice.