Listen to my heartbeat

L o v e is a Game of Fate

It was finally after school. I walked down the empty hallways, which I have to admit, creeped me out . It’s usually never this quiet or empty during the day…

 

I passed the piano room but a beautiful melody that captured my attention. I stuck my head into the room where the noise was coming from and saw him…so he is talented as well?

 

“Hey ____.” greeted Arron as I entered into the room.

“I didn’t know you could play the piano so well.” I said staring at his fingers as they gracefully danced on the piano keys.

“I don’t tell anyone…no one knows except for Hebe.” said Arron as he continued to play until the piece was finished.

“Of course Hebe would know…she had to, I mean she was his best friend right? Don’t think too much ____” I thought to myself.

“So…do you know how to play piano?” asked Arron as he gestured me to sit next to him.

“No, but my parents have always wanted me to learn.” I said as I stared at the amazing black and white keys that were before me.

“I’ll teach you.” said Arron confidently as he looked me in the eyes.

“Are you sure? I said as I clinked the keys of the piano.

“As long as you’re willing to.” said Arron as he stood up and hovered over me.

.....

“ARGH WHY IS IT SO HARD.” I said as I slammed my fingers onto the piano, making a really ugly sound.

“Aiyo, don’t do that!” said Arron as he quickly picked up my hands and put them on my lap. [Wow...he’s so gentle...]

“WEI, ms. ______-ah, we aren’t here to daydream okay?” said Arron as he smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

“Dui bui qi” I apologized. I felt my cheeks turn warm.

 

*buzz buzz buzz* vibrated my phone as both Arron and I turned our attention to my phone...my parents were here.

 

“Oh, sorry Arron but I have to go. Thanks for teaching me!” I said as I started to walk out the door.

I felt him grab at my wrist as he looked at me with a slight smile on his face. I really couldn’t tell what he wanted with me.

“What? Don’t I get a hug before you leave?” asked Arron as he pulled me in for a hug.

*THUMPTHUMPTHUMP* I heard and felt my heart beat at the speed of a hummingbird’s wings.

“Oh well I have to go!” I said as I pulled away from the hug and waved awkwardly at him. As much as I wanted to hug him forever...I couldn’t let him feel my heart beat so quickly...then he’d know what was going on.

 

“What took you so long?” asked my dad as I entered the car.

“Nothing important, something just came up as I was about to leave.” I lied.

“Oh...why are you all red?” asked my mom.

“No reason. It’s really hot in here!” I said as I started to roll the windows down.

“Honey, what are you doing? It’s really cold today. Do you have a fever?” asked my overly-concerned mother.

“Haha, mom I’m okay... although I could really use some food right now.” I said as I poked my grumbling tummy.

“Oh _____, I made some sushi before coming to pick you up.” said my dad, turning to me while he tried to keep an eye on the wheel.

- - - - - -

( a t  n i g h t )

*buzz buzz* vibrated my phone. Gui Gui was calling.

“Hey Gui!” I said

“_____-ah. You would never believe it, actually maybe you would but meet me in the park in a few minutes okay?” said Gui Gui

“What’s this about?” I asked

“Hunny, you’re about to get the shock of your life. Here, I’ll give you a clue...it has to do with Arron.” said Gui Gui

“Uhmm...okay? I’ll see you at the park in a few.” I said. I wondered what happened...could it be possible that Arron’s confessing to me?

 

( a t  t h e  p a r k )

I looked around the empty park for Gui Gui. Why wasn’t she here yet?

*buzz buzz*

I looked at my phone and there was a text message from an unknown number.

“Hey cutie, turn around” said the message. I suddenly felt someone come up behind me and I saw a shadow.

I turned around and sighed a breath of relief—it was Arron.

 

“Hey Cutie!” smiled Arron as he proceeded to hug me.

“Hey Arron...” I said.

“So you’re probably wondering why I’m here...” said Arron

“Yeah.” I said as I looked down at the grass. The atmosphere was pretty awkward....

“Well, I’m here to ask you if you wanted to come with me to the Big Bang concert.” Arron smiled.

“DKFHAIEEIHFOEWARJKWEHLKEWJRLEW. W-W-W-WHATTT?!” I screamed.

“Holy sashimi, how did you get tickets?! They’re so hard to get!” I continued

“Honey, nothing is impossible when it comes to THE Arron Yan.” he said, giving me a wink.

“AHHHHH; wait so where and when?” I asked as I started to jump up and down.

“Next Friday at 7:00P.M., but I guess it’d make more sense to eat before we went, so maybe I’ll pick you up at 5:30 and then we’ll eat.” said Arron

“YAYYYY!” I exclaimed. I was overjoyed that he got tickets to see Big Bang, but even more excited that he wanted me to go to the concert and eat with him. Without thinking, I pulled him into a hug.

“You are the most amazing boy ever!” I said.

*Thump Thump* This boy never ceased to make my heart beat faster and faster.