The Day We Met Changed my Life

L o v e is a Game of Fate

Your POV

*RING RING RING*

Augh! It’s time to wake up already? I turned off my alarm and just sat on the bed.

“Great…another day at school.” I mumbled to myself.

School wasn’t going that great for me-- I was still a mere freshman trying to get used to this competitive high school.

I got out of bed and opened my door to find my mom making my lunch.

“Good morning honey!” said my mom.

“Mm…” I nodded at her with my half opened eyes.

I walked into the bathroom and flicked on the lights. Red, bloodshot eyes were my consequence for going to this school in the first place. The water streaming from the faucet was too cold for me to splash my face with so I left the water running, waiting for it to turn hot.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror—miserable, lost, and grumpy.

After I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and washed my face I walked into the dining room.

“Honey, have some cereal.” said my mom as she passed me the box of Cheerios as I sat in front of a bowl of milk.

Life was as dry as Cheerios without milk…

---

“Thanks for driving me!” I said as I stepped out of Gui Gui’s parent’s car.

“Bye Mom!” said Gui Gui as she waved ‘bye’ to the car.

“Another day at this school…” I said as I sighed.

“I know. Who knew that we’d be so miserable at this school?” said Gui Gui as she linked her arms with yours.

“We’ve already been in this school for 3 months and I’m still not used to it.” I complained.

“Who knows, maybe today will be the day that you’ll find your other half.” said Gui Gui as she looked at me with a bright smile on her face.

“Well that was random…” I said. Gui Gui had a tendency to be quite random at times.

 

Today, classes seemed even more boring then usual. In biology, my teacher wouldn’t stop making corny jokes that weren’t even funny. In history class, my teacher wouldn’t stop lecturing and putting people to sleep. In Korean class, my teacher never stropped trying to be funny. In gym, my teacher decided it would be great to make us walk a mile.

Thank god it was finally time for lunch…the time I get to spend with my only friend, Gui Gui.

 

I opened my locker (which I also share with Gui Gui) and smiled when I saw that Gui Gui had put up the Big Bang posters in our locker.

 

“Oh my gosh, is that Big Bang’s T.O.P?” I heard a guy ask behind me. I turned around to see what kind of queer guy would fan-girl about some boy band. Oh my…this guy is so CUTE!

“Haha, yeah this is T.O.P.” I said while I tried not to blush

“Oh woops, I thought you were someone else.” said the cute guy.

“It’s all good. My name is _______, what’s yours?” I asked him.

“Nice to meet you ______, I’m Arron Yan.” said Arron.

“__________!” said Gui Gui as she came running to me. She seemed a bit out of breath.

“Gui Gui!” I said.

“Oh hey Gui Gui!” said Arron.

“Hi Arron! Oh I see that you’ve become acquainted with ____ already.” said Gui Gui

“Yup. Well I have to go now, I guess I’ll see you two later.” said Arron as he walked away.

“Gui Gui, how do you know Arron?” I asked.

“Oh Arron’s in my history class. He’s so funny cause he goes on a “fan-girl” mode when he sees T.O.P.” said Gui Gui as she laughed and pointed to the T.O.P poster in our locker.

“HAHAHAHA, the funny thing is that he greeted me asking if that was T.O.P in the most excited voice ever!” I chuckled.

“Haha! _____, aren’t you hungry? Let’s go get some lunch.” Gui Gui said as she dragged me along with her to go to the cafeteria.

 

And that’s how my life totally changed-- I was actually starting to look forward to school everyday and Gui Gui and I had made some friends…

 

“WEI _____!” shouted Gui Gui looking at me

“Hmm?” I said while still staring off into space

*WHACK*

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” I screamed. Apparently, I was spacey nowadays.

“You’re spacing out…AGAIN!” shouted Gui Gui as she slammed her fist onto my desk.

“Hehe…sorry!” I gave her a “cute” look.

“Hey ____, hey Gui Gui!” said Arron as he walked toward us.

“He looks so cute today!” I thought.

“Hey Arron!” said Gui Gui and I in unison.

“Haha, aren’t you two just so cute today?” said Arron, causing me to blush a bit. I guess I started to become spacey again, but that changed once I heard Hebe coming along.

“ARRON~~” squealed Hebe as she ran towards Arron.

“Great, the adorable Hebe is here.” I thought to myself as I scrunched my nose.

“_____, is something wrong with you today?” asked Gui Gui as she stared at my face.

“Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?” I asked as fast as I could. I was so self conscious when Arron was nearby.

“Silly girl.” said Gui Gui as she touched my scrunched nose.

“Hehe…so I don’t have anything on my face?” I asked.

“Princess, you look fine.” said Arron as he flashed a wide smile on his face. Oh why did this cutie know his way with words?

“Pshaw, and this is coming from the biggest flirt in the school?” said Gui Gui as we both rolled our eyes.

“Oh hey Hebe…when did you arrive?” I asked Hebe who looked a bit irritated that all the attention wasn’t on her.

“Oh I don’t know, maybe when you were spacing off?” said Hebe who seemed a bit annoyed.

“Hehe, I love you Hebe!” I said, giving her a hug. Well, even if I dislike her for being so flirty toward Arron, she was a genuinely nice person. I couldn’t help but envy Hebe’s friendship with Arron—they’ve been best friends since kindergarten.

“Oh ____, you’re so cute!” said Hebe as she pinched my cheeks.

“Owwwie!” I cried after Hebe let me go.

“Let’s go get something to eat!” said Gui Gui as she dragged me and Hebe to the lunch line.

“WEI! What about me?!” shouted Arron as he ran after us.

There was something so special about Arron…he was different from all the other guys at this school. All the other guys cared about were their grades, winning a game, or their xbox. Even though Arron was the target of many girls, I was determined to win his heart.