01.

Crystal Gems

"Hoseok!" Your voice rang clear in a small living space that belonged to Hoseok and a few other boys that you had yet to meet. Hoseok only mentioned them a few times when you pried at his living situation but didn't address it with enough detail to match names to faces. You peeked in the slit you made with the door slightly ajar. Nothing stirred inside and there was no sound minus a whirring fan left working on purpose. "Hoseok?!" you called again. "Are you home?"

You pushed the door further open and slipped inside quietly. "Maybe he's sleeping." you thought internally while you closed the door softly enough to not draw attention. "Now where is his room?" You placed a tightly wrapped bag on a nearby table and ran your hands down your shirt to get rid of the sweat beading in your palms. You maneuvered over towering piles of boxes from gifts sent by their fans and shuffled down a small hallway that connected three other rooms. The one closest to the left had a door that was only slightly opened. Light flooded through the crack and spilled into the hallway across your feet. You approached the door with caution and glanced inside.

Sprawled across a bed was Hoseok. His dark hair was disheveled with his bangs swept to the left like a curtain, revealing the sweat on his forehead. He almost looked angelic and at peace sleeping alone. Due to his height, his feet were dangling off the edge of the unmade mattress. A thin sheet covered his lower half barely up to his stomach. His exposed chest slowly rose and fell with every breath and he seemed to grin. You smiled and shut off the lights before turning around and walking out.

The minute your back faced him, there was a glowing ray of yellow light emitting from what seemed to be his hands tightly curled into fists. Hoseok grunted and furrowed his brows to show that he knew something was going on around him. He flipped to his side, spine facing the closet door on the right and exhaled through his nose to send him back to sleep. His hands were tucked under a pillow with the light shimmering underneath it. You bit your lip in curiosity and thought of multiple scenarios of how things could go bad. You had more than enough time to walk out with the food you had bought for him and head home before he awoke within an hour or two.

A faint buzzing had you look to his dresser. His phone vibrated to life with a picture of one of his friends showing on the screen. You swallowed and waited for it to stop but when it ceased, it came back to life a few seconds later. You inched over to it carefully to not disturb Hoseok and slid your finger across the screen to answer it.

"H-hello...?"

"Who is this?!" a semi-deep voice asked on the other side. "Where's Hoseok?!"

"I-I'm a friend of his..." you stammered out. "Listen, Hoseok is asleep so I think-"

"No we need him up right now!" the voice shouted, almost deafening you with urgency. "It's Jimin! He's hurt! We need hi-! SEOKJIN DON'T! DAMMIT! I-!" Dial tone.

"Hello?" You looked at the phone before pressing it to your ear. "Hello?!" You mumbled Jimin's name over again in your mouth, wondering if Hoseok ever mentioned him over pizza. Was he the friend that like annoying people or the friend that was the victim of it? A soft grumble sounded from behind you. Hoseok stretched and laid on his back, palms pressed against the headboard. You mentally noted a tapping noise when his hands met the wooden headboard and handed him his phone. Hoseok flashed you a sleepy smile before sitting up and rubbing the back of his neck.

"When did you get in?" he asked.

"Your friends called." you answered. "Jimin is hurt." Concern washed over his face almost instantly and the glowing was more persistent.

"How badly?" You shrugged.

"The signal was lost on your friend's end. I didn't get the last part." Hoseok grumbled and pulled the sheet off his legs. He flung himself out of bed and ran a hand through his bed hair. In the midst of his movement, you noticed a stone in one of the palms in his hands. You shrieked and covered your mouth. "wHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HANDS?!" Hoseok looked over his shoulder and looked down at his hand. He sighed in defeat and threw on a shirt before turning the light on and sitting down on the bed. He turned his palms upwards. Housed in the center of each hand was a gem like stone painted by nature with whites, reds and grays. You stepped closer to get a better look but Hoseok covered them by tucking them into his pockets.

"I'll be back." he whispered. "Stay here. I'll explain everything to you when I come home. They need me."

"Your friends?" you asked, following him to the front door. "Do they have stones in their hands?"

"They're gems." he corrected. "Gems. I'll explain when I get back."