A Goodnight Kiss

After The Fireworks: A Goodnight Kiss

Hyuk just couldn't take it anymore.

"Hongbinnie-noona, please talk to me."

He pleaded to the visual who sat in front of him and who completely ignored him. Hyuk sighed and gave up, having nothing better to do than stare out the car window.

The newly formed couple, Wonshik and Hakyeonie, slept to him in the back of the car. As Jaehwa tried to secretly take selcas of herself while including a sleepy Taekwoon, who kept pushing away the phone.

Hyuk watched how the world went by in a flash outside the car window. Hyuk knew how much Hongbinnie must be hurting right now. He has been feeling that same hurt for years now. After all, when you have such a one-sided love for this many years, it's going to hurt. 

And that Wonshik, the one Hongbinnie has liked for these many years, has just gotten together with the leader of VIXX GIRLS, Hakyeonie. And Hyuk has had a crush on Hongbinnie for these past 3 years. He only wished he could heal Hongbinnie's broken heart.

After they arrived back at the dorms and headed up the elevator to their floor, Hyuk watched as Hongbinnie avoided any contact with Wonshik. Hyuk wanted her to be happy and seeing as Wonshik had a rejected expression when his best friend avoided him, was enough for Hyuk to see that he needed to do something.

He wanted her to be happy and not be lonely anymore, after all he had always and will always be there for her. 

As they reached their floor, Jaehwa gave Taekwoon a fleeting glance and touch as she entered the girls dorm. Taekwoon with a rare happy smile, entered the boys dorm contently. Wonshik and Hakyeonie stared at each other for a long time. Before Hakyeonie leaned up and gave a fleeting kiss to a blushing Wonshik, giving him a flirty smirk as she swayed her hips as she walked, entering the girls dorm. Wonshik then entered the boys dorm, after glancing back over at Hongbinnie with worry. 

Leaving the two maknaes in the dark hallway alone.

"Aren't you leaving too?", Hongbinnie asked, with her back towards him. Never turning back to look at him.

Hyuk was even more worried now,"Hongbinnie-noona.......".

The younger went to touch her shoulder, before his hand was pushed away and a teary eyed, angry Hongbinne stared back at him, "Don't touch me!".

She really was affected by this, he really didn't want to see her like this. Hyuk gathered up his courage to say what he has been wanting to say for a long time, "I know how hard it is for you right now and how much it hurts....I understand."

"No you don't. Why would you even understand?", She sniffled, wiping her tears.

Hyuk softly smiled taking her hand in his, making her look up at him in pure confusion and sadness. "Because...I like someone who also doesn't return my feelings, she likes someone else. And it hurts so much just to know and see that."

Hongbinnie then began to wonder who it was that Hyuk liked. It can't be her......right?

Hyuk then took her second hand, "But it hurts even worse when....." A single tear fell from the maknae's eyes. "......the person I like is upset. Because their crush just got together with someone other than them." Hyuk leaned his forehead on her's, staring into her eyes.  "You should be happy for them, not sad. That's why I want to make you happy and smile. I don't want to see you hurt anymore. 

"I want to be the one to piece together your shattered heart."

Hyuk leaned down and captured Hongbinnie's soft lips, they felt even better than he had imagined. He never wanted to let go.

While Hongbinnie, was the usual girl in a drama, unresponsive. As the boy, who in her eyes she had only saw him as a boy but now....somehow he had transformed into a man right in front of her.

As Hyuk moved away from her and said 'Good Night', in a flushed and hurried state, leaving in her in the hallway all alone. She softly touched her tingling lips, as newly formed butterflies fluttered in her chest.

Maybe she would have another chance, a chance for her heart to slowly heal and discover a new side of someone special.

The hallway is now left empty. The secret moment that lingers there will be only known and remembered for a long time, by those two special people who had shared a magical goodnight kiss together.