Separated

Art of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where is my grandson? Omo!” Mrs. Heo puts away the sanitary rug she had in her hands and runs to her grandson.

Minguk stood next to his mom with his arm wrapped around her leg.

Youngji got down on her knees and faced her son, “Remember I told you about grandma and grandpa?”

He stuck to Youngji and kept looking back and forth from his grandpa and grandma.

Mr. Heo, who had his arms behind his back, pulls out something from his back as if it was a magic trick, “Guk-ah, look. It’s a fireman’s hat.” He got down on eye level and placed the hat on his head.

Minguk cracked a smile. He loved anything that had to do with the fire station.

“What do we say when we get a gift?”

“Thank you.” Minguk bowed and touched the hat on his head.

“Minguk-ah, do you like chocolate milk?” Mrs. Heo also bent down to give him a cup meant for the smoothies, but it was filled with chocolate milk instead.

Minguk drank from the straw and then looked at his grandma as if she just offered him the best thing ever.

Youngji watched as Minguk gladly took the cup from his grandma. A smile formed on her face. She felt so lucky to have her parents. Without them and their support, she couldn’t even imagine how she could raise him.

“We made changes to the back of the coffee shop so we had more storage. Show Youngji, honey.” Mrs. Heo instructed her husband.

Youngji patted Minguk on the head and followed her dad to the back, leaving Minguk with his grandma.

 

____

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to that coffee place?”

Minho wore a smile on his face, “No. They don’t have anything I like there.”

‘Then why did you want to go there in the first place.’ his manger thought, but didn’t want to question Minho any longer. His artist was a moody one.

Minho’s phone suddenly went off.

Baechu♥ (Cabbage♥)

His manager made an ‘O’ with his mouth, “So the girlfriend beckons.”

Minho crookedly smiled and looked down at his phone to answer back her text.

And like that Youngji was out of his mind. Thinking about going to her parent’s coffee shop was a momentary lapse of judgment for him. His track, ‘Ji’ was about her. At the time he wrote it, he was practically wishing Youngji would come back and, no matter what reason she had, he would accept her back in his life. Maybe he hoped for the coffee shop to be gone, so he was completely free of his memories of her.

And maybe he was hoping he would bump into her and.. well, there was too much to consider so he wasn’t even going to think that far.

 

Whatever he was hoping, it was all gone because his wonderful girlfriend had called him for a dinner date. Mino had moved on.

 

____

 

Youngji walked around her side of the room and looked her old stuff. She had so many stuffed animals and she wonders what made her get them in the first place. Pictures permeated her bedroom walls, as she reminisced the memories in each picture. Pictures of him were no longer on her wall, but he was definitely there. In her twentieth birthday picture with Hyeri, he was sitting right next to her when the two girls took the picture. In the picture with her making coffee, Minho was probably somewhere next to the counter with his notebook, writing lyrics.

“Umma.”

Youngji turned around to see a half awake Minguk stirring in her bed. She gently smiled at her small angel, “Are-“

Minguk drifted off to sleep only to wake up again a few seconds later, “Umma.” he repeated.

“Hmm? What’s wrong, Minguk-ah?” Youngji sat down on her bed where he slept.

Minguk sat up from the bed and rubbed his eyes.

Youngji his head and lightly pinched his cheeks, “Minguk-ah, do you like it here? Grandma and grandpa, do you like them? We’re going to be living here now.”

Still a little sleepy, Ming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter