Final

Break Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seoul Fashion Week THE LUCKY ONES Double K by K&K You are invited to The Double K by K&K Fall/Winter 2015 Collection Presentation Wednesday, January 14th 2015 4:30PM – 5:30PM Seoul Art, 24 Tenth Avenue

 

“How many people will come?” he asked his manager after read that invitation. Eyes still looking down at the words which is written beautifully yet glamour in a thick paper with elegant design on it. He sits comfortably in the simple yet expensive minimalist tender sofa with grey color on it in front of the TV at EXO’s living room. He has one day off after months busy with promoting and round-trip with airplane for concerts. Finally, he can feeling home again with just wearing simple white t-shirt with red Supreme words on it and black Nike training pants. Without make up and hair do, he wears brown simple slipper. This is Kim Jong In, not Kai as you usually see at the stage or in front of camera.

“Just two. The company choose you and Chanyeol to come.” Said his manager who sits right next to him.

He nods as he understand and not complaining at all. He reply his manager with simple “Okay.” And then put down the invitation at the round mini glass table next to the sofa on his left side. “I’m going to sleep, Hyung.” He said to his manager. “Don’t forget to tell Chanyeol hyung after he come home later.” He get his body up from the sofa and walk to his bedroom. “And don’t scold him just because he come late after secretly dating.” He close his bedroom door. “Got it, hyung?!” he shouts as he think his manager didn’t hear what he was said.

“I know!” his manager shouting back at him as the reply.

“Ya, Kim Jong In. Lower your voice!” said Suho at the other room following after his manager.

He heard what Suho was said but just didn’t mind it. He knows that Baekhyun and Sehun are in a deep sleep right now. He feels sorry but didn’t said it out loud. Instead, he lay on his single bed without covering his body with blanket and look up at the ceiling. He thinks about nothing until he heard a beep sound come from his phone which is on his pocket pants. He take out the grey iPhone6 and put his thumb on the home button and let the machine scaning his fingerprint. The locked screen opened and he press the message icon then let the new message open.

21:22  – Mom.

Sleep well, son.

He stares at the phone screen which is showing a warm simple words from his one and only Mom while smiling. Then, he start typing, replying her message.

21:23  – Mom.

I miss you, Mom. Good night.

He press the lock button and the phone goes black after that. He put down the phone on the drawer next to his bed and walk to the switch button after that to turn the lamp off. He walk back to his bed and put off the slipper. He throw his body to the single bed on the right corner of the room and let the blanket coving his body from the Seoul’s night cold air.

Night passed, yet it’s still too early to go to the café to get some morning coffee. It has been a long time since he can sleep peacefully. He usually sleep just for maximum three hours because of EXO’s busy and hectic schedule. He lazily stretching his body on the bed with eyes still shut. After seconds, he is fully awake now. He sees Chanyeol still sleep on the bed at the left corner of the room. He’s looking at the digital clock which is patched on the wall. It’s 7.28 AM now.

He still too lazy to get his body up from the bed and just staring at the ceiling blankly and doing nothing. Minutes passed, yet he still lay on his bed. Then he heard Chanyeol’s humming as he stretch his body. “Hyung, let’s get ready.” He asked Chanyeol who is half awake with a husky voice but still laying on his bed.

Chanyeol’s groaning as he still half awake and stretch his body once again. After a long sigh, Chanyeol open his eyes and toss the blanket to get up. He walks to the door and go out without answering Jongin. He left Jongin alone at the room. But no long after that, Jongin get up and walk to the kitchen right away. He can see Kyungsoo busy cooking for their breakfast while Chanyeol standing in front of the refrigerator while gulping some water to his dry throat. He walks to the sofa after gulping some water too and sit next to Chanyeol. They both have no interest to help Kyungsoo who’s still busy preparing their breakfast because Jongin can’t cook and Chanyeol still not fully awake. They just lazily sit on the sofa with back rest on it and doing nothing.

After minutes, they all sit at the dining room. Jongin sits between Kyungsoo on his left side and Chanyeol on his right with Suho in front of him sit between Sehun and Baekhyun. They eat all the porridge which is made by Kyungsoo in silent until Suho breaks the silence.

“What time did you guys came last night?” asked Suho to the member which is not at the dorm last night.

“Around 2AM.” Kyungsoo answered. “I got an additional scene for the next drama episode, so that’s why.” He added.

“For me, I came home last night around 12AM.” Said Chanyeol.

“Where were you going?” Suho asked to Chanyeol again.

“Just driving around the city, Hyung.” He answerd the oldest politely.

“You must be careful, Chanyeol-ah.” Said Baekhyun to him. “Don’t be too bold.” He warn him once again. Chanyeol nods as he understand and agree with Baekhyun.

“Did manager hyung already told you about the fashion week invitation, hyung?” asked Jongin to Chanyeol. He nods as a yes.

“Okay. Go get prepare for your individual schedule, guys.” Said Suho to the member and they answered with a yes in union.

Jongin and Chanyeol back to their room after clean the dish. “Do you know that Soojung will also attend the fashion week?”

Jongin remain in silent at Chanyeol’s sudden question. He stares the window blankly and looking at the outside with sun shining bright, almost covering the Seoul’s morning panorama. “I don’t.” he answer him, short. His mind suddenly become blank after heard that name again. He can feel his heart beating faster and he can feel butterflies inside him. His heart won’t stop beating, instead it beats faster until he can hear it. What does this feeling mean? He think hard as he feel confused with his blur mind until he realize that he misses her.

~~~

Jongin check his appearance once again in front of the big mirror which is show his full body, from head to toe. He wears black cap toe oxford shoes which is tied neatly, black formal pants with brown leather belt on it, white t-shirt which is buttoned neatly without neck tie on it and grey vest after the t-shirt. With his bangs up showing his forehead, he looks so perfect. He feels satisfied with his appearance.

He heard Chayeol shouting from outside. “Jongin-ah, let’s go.” Jongin didn’t answer him and let Chanyeol waiting for him at the living room. After seconds, he heard the door slam as Chanyeol already go out. He take his phone out from the drawer and put it on his pocket before sneak out from his bedroom to catch up Chanyeol and his manager at the parking lot. He sit on the back seat and let Chanyeol sit beside his manager which is driving the car to the venue.

“Be careful, Jongin-ah.” His manager reminds him. “Tell me first if you want to meet or talk to her.” He added while looking at Jongin from the rear-view mirror.

Jongin let out a long sigh before answering his manager politely. “Yes. I understand, Hyung.” He answer him without looking back at his manager. On the way to the venue, he busy looking outside from the car window with his blank mind. So many thought come to his mind right now. Does he ready to meet her again after a long time? He drown at his daydream.

He remember that moment when EXO busy promoting with Growl meanwhile f(x) busy with Rum Pum Pum Pum at the same time. They often met each other at the music station, but they miss each other. Because that was not what they want. They want to see each other as Kim Jong In and Jung Soo Jung. Not as Kai and Krystal. They want their privacy time. They want to see each other face with showing their true feelings through their gaze. Not the fake one they used to show in front of the camera.

They both have tight schedule and it made them need to stole some time for a while. They tried so hard to match their schedule so they can enjoy their time as a couple. After long time waiting, finally their wish came true. They were dating secretly on the late hour and driving around Seoul. They were met around 2AM which was quite enough so they were sure they won’t get caught. They wear a mask and a hat and they were still bold enough to go. Kai drive the car carefully. He took the place which has no one at it. They not even stop at the café to bought some drink. They just stay at the car and enjoy their precious short time being together as a couple which was rare for them. They knew that they were took a brave action. They might get caught. But they tried not to care and throw away that things which was distracthed their mind. Because they feel like dying just to see each other despite the hectic days they had.

Unfortunately for them, camera is not only at the broadcast station, but everywhere. Camera is life on their life. Something happened not as they want. The problem came when Jongin’s fans accidentally saw them being together. And then, rumors spread as fast as the speed of light. But corrected it, it was not a rumor. It was true that they were dating at that moment, for about one year to be exact. They were telling the truth when company called them. All people shocked at the news. And so do they. They didn’t expected that news would come so fast. They knew something like that might come. But they thought they were already careful enough not to get caught. But one things that lucky enough was, the picture that the fans took didn’t show clearly enough to tell that they were being together. But still, company won’t take it easy. Because of that opportunity, the company force them to cut off the rumor. The company told them to act as excellent as they can to show the world that they were not close at each other. They tried so hard to act in front of the world that they were not dating. But it just killed them inside. Not only them, it could killed so many people if they get caught again. The company, their members, their fans, even their family. Moreover, they should endure the fake situation they made, up until now and they don't even know when will it comes to an end.

Without realizing it, they arrived at the venue. He prepare himself before going out from the car. He inhale the air and exhale it from his mouth. He is ready now. He opens the car door and let his feet touch the red carpet. Camera flash insistenly brighten up at him. He walks down at the red carpet while showing his best smile to the camera. He does some pose to the camera at the mini stage with banner on the back before entering the venue with Chanyeol. He sits at the seat which is directed by the steering committee on the third row at the middle. He can see the runaway cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter