Final

Gone (The Day you said Goodbye)

The car stops on the pavement slowly. You clutch tightly to your seat hoping you don’t fall. You reach for the white cane that is sitting on the other side of the car and holds it tightly in your palms. The door suddenly opens for you. All you hear is the silent drops of rain. You wish you could sit back and see the falling rain.  “We are home” Mr Jones, the butler, utters quietly. He extends his hand out to help you get out of the car. You slowly finds your way towards his hand and clutches it carefully. “Thank you” you quietly whisper. You continue strolling down the pavement towards the front steps of your sweet home.  

This place has been your home for a very long time. It was the place where you grew up. Where all your memories as childhood stayed. It was also the place where you lost your view of the world.

You continue walking until you reach the front of the door. You trace your long and delicate fingers along the surface of the door. You knock on the door slightly. Your father opens the door with a bright smile spread across his face. “Sweetie how was school?” he asks as he links his arm with your arm for support. “It was good. I guess.” You answer with a cold voice “I am kind of tired can I go to my room and not practice on the piano today?”

Your father sighs quietly. you have never been happy, since the accident that happened two years ago. Suddenly the front door unlocks and a tall lean figure with broad shoulders stands by the door. His hair is soaking wet from the cold rain. Your father watches as the  boy closes the door behind him. You keep your gaze on the solid ground even though you can’t see anything. “No.” Your father answers your question as he looks at the boy with a cold gaze. The boy throws his backpack across his shoulder. He smiles faintly at your father and proceeds upstairs without glancing at you for a meer second. Even if he glances a you slightly your father will get angry at him. He locks himself in his floor and throws his bag across the floor making a loud noise. He lays upon his bed and looks up at the ceiling.

The boy’s name is Jin and has been living with you and your father for months. His parents left him while they were on a business trip overseas. His parents and your father have been friends for as long as they can remember. They fully trusted your father to take care of Jin while they were gone. He does as well.

Living there had its ups and downs but mostly downs. Your father didn’t allow Jin to talk to you at all. Your father was afraid that you would fall in love with Jin. He was afraid that you would fall for his kind voice and sweet personality. You didn’t have to see Jin’s physical presence-his brown eyes and beautiful facial structure because they all knew that Jin could easily make anyone fall for him. Jin has a smile that can light up the world. He has a stare that can make anyone look back at him admiring him. Your father was scared to see his daughter hurt because of love. He too once  loved someone but lost her in a dangerous car accident. It was a miracle that you came out alive from that accident. He doesn’t want you to go through more pain and the same pain that he went through, especially if that person leaves them...forever. Your father was also afraid that Jin would one day take an interest in you as well. You aren’t ugly. You are as pure as the snow on a cold snowy day. Your aura is as radiant as the sun.

Jin’s love for you grew as time passed.

Jin was always gazing at you like a towering hawk. He would watch you from his room as you casually walked outside in the backyard. He would watch you as you walked in the school corridors with a few girls from your class. He always admired you from  a far. He loved your smile. Occasionally he would see you faintly smile at school. It gave him the butterflies. He couldn’t help but smile back.

“I need you to practice more!” your father exclaims to you as you remove your hands from the piano.

”I can’t father. This is really hard.” you whisper slightly.

Jin walks in the room and watches as you get yelled at. He walks over to the other piano and plays a melody. He pretends to focus on his own piece but keeps glancing at you.

“Well you are going to stay here until you get it right.” your father yells out “Until then you are not allowed to move from here. You hear me?” you nod and move your hands back towards the keys.

Your father marches out angrily and looks back at Jin.

“I am heading out for a while.” He whispers before walking away.

Jin watches as you struggle to memorize the cadenza. You furrow your eyebrows. You pout making your cheeks puffy. Suddenly you stop and touch the top of the piano.

“Where is it?” you ask yourself as you continues touching the surface. You remember that your father always keeps a stash of candies for you to help relieve your stress. “I think I brought a jar of candy. I swear I did”

Jin watches as the jar of candy falls to the ground.

You grab onto the edge of the piano and holds on tightly. You continue scanning the ground trying to feel the jar. Jin watches as your hand moves closer to the broken glass. He immediately stands up and walks over to you. He kneels in front of you. “You need help?” He asks keeping his gaze on you. You follow the trail of the voice

“Yeah. I think. I can’t find my candy.” you utter out quietly. Jin observes the broken jar and chuckles slightly. “It broke when it fell to the ground.” He walks over to you and helps you get back on her feet. “Be careful the glass is broken. I will clean it right now,” You nod your head.

Jin bolts out of the room to find a broom to clean the mess. After a while of searching he goes back. You are still in the same position he left you in. You have a blank expression and sadness in your eyes. He can’t help but feel pity for you. You lost your mother about two years back in a car accident in December which also caused you to go blind. He continues cleaning the broken glass in dead silence. “There I am all done.” He smiles to himself. He walks over to you and sits beside you. He analyzes your facial features more carefully. He kindly watches as you move your hands across the piano.

“You are having troubles on that piece?” you nod and continue pressing on the keys. “Here let me help you.” He moves his hands across the keys. Suddenly his hand brushes gently against your delicate hand. Your cheeks turn a pale shade of rosy pink. He smiles at the thought of getting to talk to you. He likes being next to you and he wishes you guys could stay like this forever. That the space between them doesn’t exist.

A few months later Jin is casually sitting in the living room. He grabs his pills from his pocket and pops it in his mouth. He grabs his bottle of water and drinks it carefully. He watches as your father rushes outside to his car. He watches as he leaves in his car. A smile spreads across Jin’s face.

“Good morning Jin.” you clutch tightly to your white cane. Jin immediately stands up and walks over to the smaller figure. “Good morning ________.” He grabs you by wrist and walks you over to the piano. “Here lets practice the cadenza for this week.” you nod your head. You place your fingers across the piano keys. Jin watches as you begin to play.

“Did I do good?” you asks placing her hands on her lap after you finish your solo piece.

Jin smiles “You did really good.” He answers “And I have something for you.” He reaches into his pocket and pulls out some pieces of candy. He carefully opens the small wrapper making some noise.

“Is it candy?” you ask

“How did you know?” Jin holds the candy between his fingers.

“I guess I am a genius.” You answers back

“Open your mouth.” He demands kindly.

You open your mouth slightly. Jin pops the candy in your mouth. His fingers lightly touch the the bottom of your lip causing him to smile like a child.

As months go by Jin and you become closer. The days get shorter for Jin. When her father isn’t around he approaches you at home. He eats lunch with you at school. He constantly watches out for you in the school hallways making sure no trouble harms you.

“Is the coast clear?” You asks as you pulls the white cane towards you. Jin scans his surroundings carefully and looks towards the distance. “Yeah I think so.” He grabs your hand and pulls you closer to him. You blush at the thought of holding his hand for the first time. You guys continue going on their trail towards their destination to the bench in the backyard. It is at least 100 feet away from the house. Once arriving at their destination Jin lets go of your hand. You faintly smile trying to hide the fact that you are a bit hurt by the gesture.

“So why did you want to bring me all the way over here Jin?” you ask innocently. He smiles and pulls out a medium sized jar from the box under the bench. “I want to give you something.” he smiles, “A present for being friends for such a long time.” you smile happily at the thought. Jin reaches in the jar and pulls out a candy. He opens it and hands it to you.

“Is it candy?" you pull the candy closer to your mouth and chews on it silently. “This is really good Jin. Thank you.” You scoot closer to him. He blushes. His heart begins to beat faster and faster. You suddenly puts your hands on Jin’s face to analyze him. You caress his cheeks and smile. Jin’s heart begins to beat faster and faster as if any minute it will explode. “Jin” You whisper under your breathe “I love-”

“What are you two doing here?” you remove your hands from Jin’s face and places them on your lap. Your face turns pale as if it had no life in it. Jin looks up and sees your father. His face is red.  His eyes are full of anger and hate. “Dad it was all me-” You stand up and moves away from Jin “It was all me.”

“I don’t want to hear anything. Go back with Mr. Jones.” Your father orders. You nod your head and follows Mr. Jones. Your father looks back at Jin with hate. “I warned you kid.” His breathing becomes unsteady “I don’t want you getting close to my daughter. If I catch you, you are out of my house.”

You sit back on your bed. You suddenly hears a small knock on her door. “Come in”. Jin walks in holding the jar of candy. “Mr. Jones?” You ask

“Hey.” you immediately move up and walks toward Jin. Tears fall in a steady stream down his cheeks. “______, this is the last thing I can do for you.” He places the jar and a letter on the table.

“Jin.” you stutter out “I am sorry.” His words spill out before closing the door behind him for the last time.

Days turn into weeks. Jin and you separate. Once again he watches you from a far. He watches as your face drains back into the dark place you used to be in before. It hurts him. His health worsens as time passes. His pain is slowly taking him away. Life as once known is going away for him. As for you life turns dark again. Your jar of candy slowly decreases. She counts the days from when Jin said goodbye.

Jin sits back in the piano and lets his fingers run through the keys. This time he plays loud, so you can hear it in your room. You sit back on the couch and listens to the beautiful melody. You know it is Jin. It is his way of communicating with you. You smile happily as the tears begin to stream down your cheeks. You continue to enjoy the soothing music before Jin reaches the cadenza. Jin’s hands fall from the keys and his head collapses on the piano. Your smile disappears. The tears continue to fall.

Your father walks over to the lifeless body that once belonged to Jin. “Should I take him to the hospital?” Mr. Jones suggests. “Yes go ahead.” Your father removes his glasses and looks at Jin. Mr. Jones calls a few men and they run out in the cold rain with lifeless Jin. Your father sits back on the stool.

“I am sorry _______. I knew he would be gone one day. He would leave us. He would leave you.” Tears stream down his cold face. They are warm against his cheeks. He places his hands on the piano and plays the cadenza for you. The cadenza translates to: He has always loved you.

Meanwhile in your room, a smile spread across your lips. The tears continue to roll down your delicate face. You press your hand against your chest to feel your heart beat fast. The cadenza sounds beautiful to you. You finally know the answer to your question.

“I love you too Jin” you whisper before the cadenza ends.

Okay so this was my short story for Language Arts. I am so sorry if the ending angers you. I understand, some students in my class read my story and they got angry when the character died. I thought that adding a death would make it more relaistic. And it would also bring emotions from the students (which did).

Anyways tell me what you guys think about this story. Should I add another chapter and see what happens to the OC? Should we see how life is dealed with afterwards? Tell me what you guys think on the comments below!

 

Facts about the story:

1. Originally the story was written in third point of view. The main girl's character was Hana.

2. I had to change some of the writing style in order for it to be in second point of view. (If you would like to read the original story message me).

3. Can you guess where I got the idea from? Yes I got it from an mv (Jin's 'Gone')

4. I changed up some of the things so it wouldn't be exactly like the music video. For example how Jin lives with you and your father. In the mv Xiumin portrays a students that goes to piano classes.

In my story Jin goes to you and bids you goodbye. That didn't happen in the mv.

5. The father didn't kill Jin. He knew Jin had a heart disease. He knew that Jin wasn't going to live a long time.

6. The father did like Jin he just didn't want his daughter to be hert broken after his death.

7. Jin and the character were childhood friends.

8. In the story the character's mother died in a deadly crash. Your character got blind because of the accident.

9. In one of the last paragraphs Jin gives your character a letter, that letter reprents what happens after his death.

10. You guys might get confused but the character is blind.

11. The candy represents alot in this story. It has a big signficance when the character got stressed out she would eat a candy. Here Jin gives her a new jar of candy. When Jin leaves her she continues eating the candy, this represents the saddness she has inside when he leaves. It represents how she deals being alone.

Thank you for reading my story. I hope you all enjoyed it. If I get feedback I will write a small an epilogue.