Chapter 1

Even If Skies are blue

Five hours.

Five hours was all the time that Seoha had left to file through the huge stack of intern applications in front of her and choose which five would be given the opportunity to call back.

Five hours to finish the work that she had told her fellow team members to finish by yesterday night.

She couldn’t believe what she was seeing – nor did she want to. Seoha could only scoff at herself. Had she really expected them to be able to finish the work? Regret slowly built up inside of her as she reprimanded herself yet again for trusting in these three hooligans to be responsible enough to finish the work. It wasn’t like she wanted to be in their group. Every time she turned in a request to change members, her manager had a new excuse.

“Come on Seoha, they’ve been working with you for almost two years now. I don’t want to split you guys up now.”

“Oh, you send in another application? It must’ve not processed. I’ve been really bust these days, sorry. I’ll go back and try to find it.”

“You know, Seoha, I think it’s time that you just accept that they want to be with you. Don’t you know how hard working these kids are?”

Pft, hard working. Who was her manager trying to trick. Those three were known amongst the workers of the company for not getting anything done, ever. And thanks to them, she was known as an easy-going, nice, go with the flow team manager, which she just hated.

Rising from desk and crossing her arms, Seoha tried in what she knew would be in vain to wake up the rest of the team.

“Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok – I thought I made it clear that you were to contact the selected people by 9 o’clock yesterday night. I have no more patience. Why do you think that it’s okay to just drink around in the office every night that I give you an assignment to do? Don’t even try to give me an excuse this time. Hurry up and collect yourselves. I’ll divide the pile into four groups, and then we should be able to finish in an hour or two. Get up, get up, get up! We have no time to waste.”

“Ugh, come on Seo” came a groggy voice “haven’t you heard the news – Hobbie here just went through a break up, you can’t expect him to have worked yesterday, can you? As for the two of us, well, we were just being supportive buddies! Don’t you think five hours is plenty of time for you to look over the files. We had to get them checked again by you anyways, so wouldn’t it just save everyone the effort if you did it by yourself? Then you won’t even have to worry about you not liking the people that we pick.”

Of course.

She didn’t want to be responsible for choosing the next employees that were to intern in her group. The last time she did that, she had chosen Namjoon, fully believing in his capabilities of ranking in the top 1% of the nation. But he only knew how to use his brain to get out of sticky situations, like this. Only when food was on the line did any of them get up and work.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Seoha took the rest of the papers and started to make her way up the stairs to her cubicle. No way in hell was she even going to hope that she would get work of any kind done down here. Not when these “team members” of hers were testing her patience.

If only I could quit…

It would have been so easier if he had been here to help. If he hadn’t gone, Seoha wouldn’t have had to quit law school in order to help her family out. Her mother wouldn’t be such an emotional wreck.

But both of them knew it wasn’t her dad’s fault. It wasn’t his fault at all: It was all because that good for nothing son of a .


Finally, she could stretch. 

No matter how much time she spent behind the desk, she was always tired after a long day of work. And so was her back. 

She looked at the list of five that she had decided to call back. 

Song Hanbin

Park Jimin

JiSook

Jung Miah

Kim Taehyung

She squinted at the name for a split second before deciding that it meant nothing. How could she know any of these people? None of their faces were familiar. Though she did wonder why the lawyer would give up such a successful job and choose to become an intern in a much smaller business. 


Taehyung could only stare at the lifeless body that lay in front of him in the hospital bed, only three words going through his head.

It’s my fault. It’s my fault. It’s my fault.

Only yesterday, he had gotten the call that she had come into the hospital, an emotional wreck, and requested a procedure to wipe him out of her memory.

Did I really mean so little to her?

It tore him both to know that she hated him so much and to realize how much pain he had caused her by doing what he thought was protecting her from getting hurt.

The doctor had told him that she wouldn’t be able to process anything that anyone was saying to her. He also knew that she wouldn’t be able to remember anything he said after today had passed. But that was okay, as long as she knew eventually had he would always stay with her, with memory or without.

Taehyung took a deep breath before telling himself once again that this was the right thing to do.

“Hey, I’m Taehyung. You hated be because… I did things that deserved receiving hate.

I’ll start from the beginning. Remember how you always complained about those hyungs to me, not even knowing that they were all roommates of mine?”

He had to pause, tears threatening to fall. . He used to promise Seoha every day that he would always be strong for her.

“Maybe you don’t want to remember… I’ll tell you about someone else instead. She used to be really important to me. Maybe you happen to know her? Her name’s Seoha. Lee Seoha. She was favorite person in the whole world, and I used to be her favorite person. I know because she used to tell me…

 

But I guess she doesn’t want me to be her favorite person anymore.”