Before and After

Dreaming Alone

He was just simply looking at her while she drinks her coffee. She puts her cup down and started to speak.

 

“I don’t like you anymore.”

 

Jungkook was baffled by the sudden confession of the girl in front of him.

 

They were okay. They were fine. He just gave her roses last welcoming party for the freshmen in their high school. They were their first and last dances during the party. They assured their feelings for each other that party. They still like each other the last two weeks. Then what is this that Sooyoung is telling him?

 

Jungkook has so many things, has so many questions, going on inside his head but all he managed to tell her was one ‘okay’.

 

And, “I knew it anyway.”

 

Apparently, Jungkook was very good at lying.

 

“Oh, I guess I was too obvious. Anyway, how are you and Yeri?”

“We’re fine."

“Is that the reason?”

Sooyoung chuckled.

“No. It’s not because of that.”

And Sooyoung was even better.

They parted ways after that.


 

Sooyoung was taking a five-minute break from doing her homework in the library when she heard her classmates talking.

 

“Yeri and Jungkook somehow looks good together, don’t you think?”

 

“Don’t be too loud, Sooyoung might hear you.”

 

“It doesn’t even matter. They’re not dating anymore. I don’t know the details but I heard that that’s the reason why Jungkook suddenly became close with Yeri.”

 

“That’s a pity. Jungkook and Sooyoung looks very good together.”

 

She then slept until the school library needed to close.

 

 


 

Somehow Taehyung approaching Jungkook while having the former’s mischievous rectangular smile is normal for the both of them...

 

“Sooyoung’s calling.”

 

Now that’s not normal.

 

“Hello, Sooyoung-ah?”

 

“Meet me at the coffee shop tomorrow.”

 

Now that’s even weirder. Having Sooyoung set up their date (and not asking him beforehand), it just worries Jungkook what’s up with her.

 

“She asked me to meet her at the coffee shop tomorrow.” Jungkook said, sighing, knowing that the older boy is curious about the phone call.

 

Grinning, Taehyung pats the younger’s back and ruffles his hair like a dog. “Don’t be too worked up about Sooyoung’s sudden change of behavior. She just misses you, that’s all.”

 


 

Sooyoung decided to come over Seulgi’s place for the night.

 

“Sooyoung-ah.”

 

“Ne, unnie?”

“I’ve been hearing some things about you and Jungkook lately.”

 

“Like, we’re not dating anymore and he’s been hitting on Yeri ever since?”

 

Seulgi wanted to ask if it's true. But she knew better not to.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Instead, she asked what any other friend would.

 

“Yes. Maybe. No. I don’t even know unnie.”

 

After hearing Sooyoung’s answer, Seulgi just enveloped the younger girl in her embrace and comforted her for the rest of the night.

 


 

Both were staring onto the ceiling, listening to each other’s steady breathing when Jungkook decided to break the silence between them.

“Sooyoung-ah, you promised not to be angry at me, right?”

 

Jungkook heard her chuckle. How he loved to hear that over and over again.

 

“What is it that you want to tell me that I should be wary of?”

 

“Well, these past few days, me and Yeri had been close with each other that we gave our numbers and we are texting frequently now and I just don’t want you to hear this from others and be suspicious of us and what kind of”

 

He heard her angelic voice once again that made his lips curl upwards.

 

“Jungkook. It’s alright. You can breathe now.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Well, there is nothing to be suspicious of, right?”

 

He can picture her smirking right now.

 

“Of course!”

 

And that made him smile wider.

 

“Haha. It’s settled then. Hmm, I’m already sleepy. Good night and sweet dreams, Jungkook.”

 

“Sleep tight Sooyoung. Good night and have sweet dreams too.”

 

“I trust you.”

 

*click*

 

Although the phone call was meant to ease the boy’s feelings, it just made him worry more.

 


 

A month has barely passed and Sooyoung was doing good, like nothing had happened.

 

Sooyoung has her earphones on everytime she goes to school. She doesn’t mind what song plays, as long as it blocks out the noise the students are making.

 

Unfortunately, she left her earphones at home as she was already running late that morning. And how she cursed herself to wake up late that morning and leave her only defense to the noise surrounding her.

 

There, just by the bulletin board, is Taehyung endlessly teasing Jungkook because of a girl.

 

Soon, Yeri passed by Sooyoung and smiled at her. Sooyoung then returned the smile to Yeri.

 

Oh how Sooyoung wished that she was the reason of the fuss Taehyung was making, instead of the girl she just smiled at a while ago.

 


 

If you are confused, which I think you really are, the scene wherein they are in the cafe serves as the introduction. The scenes where Sooyoung shares her thoughts were the events that happened after they broke up and the scenes where Jungkook shares his, are the ones that happened before.

 

For those who subscribed, I am soooooooooooo sorry that I took a long time updating this. Mianhae, saranghae~

Anyway, thank you for taking your time reading this. I know there are a lot of mistakes and I'm stil not good, therefore I'll try to be better in the future. Hehe. And I do hope you share your thoughts about this by commenting. :)