I'm Not God

I'm Not God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There's an emptiness shaped much like you, standing at the foot of my bed."

 

God, I remember it like it was yesterday. The very first time I remember you, we were ten, we were young and we didn't know where the world began where it ended. We grew up sneaking into to each other's houses through the backyard fence and trying to find whatever mysteries the flower beds hid from us. We grew up speaking languages that only me and you understood, through soft gazes, and fleeting touches.

We were 12 when we first had an argument. Over petty grades and even pettier people. We tried so hard to make room for each other in our lives but it seemed like while we are trying to make room for each other, we somehow forgot about ourselves along the way.

We were 14 when you called me up and you told me you wanted to die. I was only 14-years-old, ing hell, I wasn't God.

After you called I didn't see you for a week. I asked around but everyone seemed so heavy. Your house was so empty. Your desk at school was empty. And my heart felt empty too. I simple thought you vanished.

It wasn't until I was almost 15, did your parents show up after what seemed like months of running, showed up at my doorstep, telling me you were dead.

You drowned yourself. Common and expected.

I was numb and cold and I wondered if it was really you who drowned and not me.

That following evening, I snuck into your house. I climbed through your be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter