Final

Blankets and Roommates

The grey building stood at a height of about seven floors, at most. It was pretty ordinary looking on the outside — after all, it’s only use was to house a bunch of college kids who were far too lazy to get their own place in the city and travel to classes at the ungodly 8am. A kind of ladder decorated the left side of the building, where the creepers roamed on the wood and curled itself up the length of the concrete structure. It was the perfect escape route for anyone to get out.

 

But also for anyone to get in.

 

So there I stood, wiping my palms on the dark jeans and looking up at the plant-ridden ladder while formulating a plan that wouldn’t land me on the ground and with a nasty bruise on my . Thank God I only needed to get to the third floor. 

 

Right hand, left foot, a prayer, left hand, right foot, right hand, and oh god please don't let me die.

 

Scaling the ladder as quickly as I could before someone could catch me, I found myself looking into the room on the third floor in a matter of minutes. Setting myself on the ledge, I peeped into the room, scanning the usual mess and looking out for its owners. A lump of blankets on the bottom of the bunk bed caught my attention. Knowing the tenants of that room, all I had to do was push the glass of the window upwards and I was in. 

 

The lump of blankets and pillows remained motionless on the bed as I crept, slowly crossing the carpet.

 

Unf!

 

A groan erupted from beneath me after I landed on the lump, and the blanket was thrown off in a hurry. 

 

“Babe!” He semi-whispered, sitting up and emerging from behind the blanket. “What are you doing here?”

 

I grinned and threw my arms around him, knocking him back onto the mattress. Burying my nose into his shirt, I muttered words of longing and yearning into the soft material of the white cotton. He wrapped his long arms around me, and after so long, I finally felt as if I was truly home. 

 

Home was never just four walls surrounding me. Home was where he was, and where I belonged.

 

He laughed, but his voice wasn’t the loud boisterous boyish guffaw that I was used to. He kept his volume down, and turned to muffle his laughter in my hair. Just as I was about to ask, the sound of flushing coming from the bathroom interrupted my thoughts. I whipped my head around, eyes widened in fear. Before I could react, he pushed me down, throwing his leg around my torso and flinging the blanket over the both of us. I kept my head down and settled in whatever space between his legs that I had, remaining still so I wouldn’t get caught.

 

The bathroom unlocked and I could hear the door opening. 

 

“Hey Chanyeol, were you talking to someone? I heard voices and giggling and I couldn’t take a in peace.” Baekhyun’s voice floated into the air. I bit my lips, afraid to laugh out loud. 

 

I felt Chanyeol’s body move as he violently shook his head in denial. “N-n-no one. I was just on the phone with my girlfriend. T-t-that’s all.” His body then went completely still, afraid to get caught by his roommate. 

 

Chanyeol’s dorm had a certain set of rules, set in place by seniors who occupied the place ages ago.

 

No females allowed. The words were plastered in the lobby of the dorm building. 

 

They had a sorority, brotherhood thing going on, and were completely set on banning any ovary-bearing creature from stepping foot into the building. There was no reason for it, really. It may have been intended to keep the boys disciplined back in the day, but now it just became a game to see who could sneak girls in without getting caught. 

 

But, Chanyeol, being the kid who despised being on anyone’s bad side, never once showed me his room, never kept himself out past the curfew time, never inconvenienced anyone — fearing that his beloved seniors would dislike him. 

 

I had to take things into my own hands. 

 

It had been almost two weeks since I last saw him, what with tests and individual schedules. And if I had left it up to him, we wouldn’t meet for a whole month. I would’ve been forced to see him through a laptop screen, and the only thing I would be able to touch was the cold keys of the computer and the glass screen of the phone. 

 

Screw that.

 

So, that left me in my current situation; hiding between my boyfriend’s legs underneath his blanket, and holding my breath should his roommate find me out. I heard more shuffling, and the sound of a weight plopping on the sofa. I heaved a silent sigh. So much for alone time. 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun talked and talked and talked, and my limbs were starting to grow numb. Slowly, I inched myself to the side, switching my position as minimally as I could. I turned my body before finding a new place to settle in between his legs and the mattress.

 

“Nah, I heard that—,” Chanyeol paused and I heard a sharp intake of breath. When he continued, I could pick up the strain in his voice, “I heard that she left with him at the party though.” Suddenly, Chanyeol’s hand came upon my waist, holding me in place. I shifted again to get in place. His fingers dug into my skin and he breathed a huff. 

 

The more I shifted, the more his grip tightened and the more strained his voice became. It was pretty funny, until I realised exactly why he was responding that way. When I tried adjusting my position once more, my elbow grazed the surface of his boxers and collided with a hard

 

Oh.

 

Oh.

 

A sly smile spread across my lips. 

 

Slowly, I raised my hand and rest it on his thigh. The conversation went on. 

 

Not budging? We’ll see.

 

My fingers inched up his inner thigh, and I blew a breath of warm air on his skin, watching in amusement as goosebumps rise up his leg. He soon caught on, and did his best to surpress the urge to take me right there, Baekhyun be damned. 

 

Chanyeol slapped his hand on my shoulder (“It was this huge mosquito”) and nudged my with his toes (“My legs are too long I need to stretch”).  Soundless laughter escaped my lips as I held my fist against my mouth, biting on it when the urge to laugh out loud and subsequently blowing my cover became too strong. 

 

I was pretty sure the smirk resting on my lips stretched even wider. My fingers crawled their way up his inner thigh and disappeared under the material of his boxers

 

“Hey, could you get the key to the locker room from Jongdae down the hall? I think I left my assignment in there.”

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue. “Which idiot brings assignments to practice? Jesus Christ, Chanyeol, you are a pain in the .” He said before getting off the couch. As soon as the door clicked in place, the blanket above me was ripped away. 

 

Chanyeol hovered over me, his face merely inches from my own, his arms framing my  head and his legs on either side of my waist.  I could feel his breath caressing the skin of my cheeks, and if I stretched my neck out just a little, my lips would have caught his. 

 

“Did you expect to tease me like that and get away with it so easily?” He breathed in my ear, and the same way goosebumps rose up his leg just minutes ago, it decorated the expanse of my skin like thorns on a rose. Heat swirled in my stomach and through my veins, igniting the adrenaline and cutting me short of breath. The anticipation left my blood singing.

 

I bit my lip and grinned. He lowered himself onto me painfully slow, the same grin etched on his plump lips.

 

 

 

 

Let’s just say Baekhyun never came back.